Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Canelo Makes More With GGG Than He Did Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Clearly a MW? He has never fought at 160 and just made 154 his last fight. The highest he has ever weighed in his entire career is 155. Stop talking out your azz. Floyd fought Oscar and cotto at 154 yet demanded 152 to canelo who was a unified 154 lb champ. That was the price to make the fight and he took it. He didn't cry about it and hope to get floyd at his own weight delaying and risking never getting the fight by making demands to the bigger A side star. He conceded to land the fight. Again don't blame others for doing what GGG refuses to do to land big fights. GGG isn't a ppv star but sure has irrational demands like one. Everyone else has to move up and down to his own weight and if you don't pay him more then the ppvs he can draw then you are the one who's ducking him LMAO
    This... Tom really needs to just stfu because he's just ****ing himself more with each statement he makes. Now the Saunders fight looks like it's not happening, Tom still sits there and makes demands like his guy REALLY matters...he doesn't. Canelo is in the 160 LB division now, and that is what will bring more views to MW. This is just fact.

Wtf man? Why can't golovkin fans just accept that their guy is NOT a star??? What's so hard to get about that? If he was, he would've sold more than 120k ppvs. People aren't paying to see the dude. Plus his performance vs jacobs wasn't good. He only looked more vulnerable to upper tier fighters and Jacobs is only B level. TAKE THE ****ING OFFER TOM!!! YOU'RE ****ING YOUR OWN GUY OVER BY NOT LETTING HIM GET PAID! It's 50/50 imo now....each day those odds drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
      Didn't canelo get just 1mil for that fight?
      1 million? Google it dude...not, he wound up with a lot more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
        Lol why do you make it sound like he was forced to take the fight? This was a win win situation for Canelo; earn millions, tons of exposure etc...
        No, it's your insecurity that found implication of "forced" in there because I never considered it that way. It was a great opportunity that he and his team decided not to pass up.

The context was that Canelo was not truly a star yet, which is another reason why it only makes sense that a big PPV with him as the headliner today earns him more than when Mayweather gave him his first PPV.

Come on, this isn't hard to figure out. Some of you guys just see the word "Canelo" and you're on the attack like a bunch of mutts.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          earned it by making himself a headliner and going undefeated
          Are you talking about GGG here, or Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Are you talking about GGG here, or Canelo?
            Really dim attempt at a clever quip. Partially when the full quote was, "Canelo also earned it by making himself a headliner and going undefeated since Mayweather."

There's no refuting that but so many of you guys have programmed yourselves to just hate, hate, hate. You wonder why people don't give GG credit, but you guys spend months trying to convince us that prospective opponents are crap, then try to boost them up once the fight gets booked. If you had any sense, you'd realize that discrediting Canelo doesn't help GG.

Comment

Canelo apparently fighting himself if you read this. I like to drink and write too, though. I don't think the arguments in the comments above hold water, however. Yes, Canelo has gone up and down in weight to fight people since Mayweather, but the fact is, he gave up his belt to avoid the guy that's been trying to fight him for nearly 2 years and that this conversation is solely about right now. So there's that. Also, this will definitely be a bigger payday for Canelo than Mayweather, who by the way--and no offense to anyone, embarrassed Canelo in that fight. And don't bring up that rigged judge's scorecard in the split. Even Golden Boy said that was "surprising". I just want these two guys to fight each other and cut the BS. It's clear Golden Boy is trying to "age out" GGG or avoid him all together. Boxing isn't a sport now. It's a business. I get needing to be paid, but this fight doesn't fall into that category. They'll both make 8 figures anyway you cut it. These guys are more protected than people in WITSEC today.

Comment

$15 mil was more than Canelo made against Mayweather too.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
                  he gave up his belt to avoid the guy that's been trying to fight him for nearly 2 years and that this conversation is solely about right now.
                  You're either deluding yourself or you haven't been following boxing lately if you think that's all its about. Canelo is about to have a huge ppv and the seats have been sold out for weeks. The "duck" thing, as relevant as it might have been last year, is old news and has little impact on anything today.

Every fan wants to spin this in the favor of their chosen fighter. Both guys have a lot to offer each other and anyone who can't come to terms with that just don't get it. This is now simply a matter of compromise between the two parties.

Comment

"Our priority is the fight against Canelo and we will continue negotiating to try to finalize it, because this is the biggest fight that can be made at the moment."

Sorry, but that train has already left the station!

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
                      Canelo apparently fighting himself if you read this. I like to drink and write too, though. I don't think the arguments in the comments above hold water, however. Yes, Canelo has gone up and down in weight to fight people since Mayweather, but the fact is, he gave up his belt to avoid the guy that's been trying to fight him for nearly 2 years and that this conversation is solely about right now. So there's that. Also, this will definitely be a bigger payday for Canelo than Mayweather, who by the way--and no offense to anyone, embarrassed Canelo in that fight. And don't bring up that rigged judge's scorecard in the split. Even Golden Boy said that was "surprising". I just want these two guys to fight each other and cut the BS. It's clear Golden Boy is trying to "age out" GGG or avoid him all together. Boxing isn't a sport now. It's a business. I get needing to be paid, but this fight doesn't fall into that category. They'll both make 8 figures anyway you cut it. These guys are more protected than people in WITSEC today.
                      Mayweather embarrassed a lot of fighters! I seriously doubt that Golden Boy is trying to "age out" Golovkin. Timing is so important. Golovkin is now irrelevant to Canelo's career.

Comment

Working...
                      X