Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: After I've Beaten Errol Spence, I Want Keith Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No trouble making weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      All credit due for fighting GGG, I give him that.

But don't expect us to give him credit for taking a fight that he was forced to do (mandatory) after trying so hard (and failing) to duck it by attempting to negotiate with Khan, Cotto, and Pacquiao.

He only took the fight when all those other fights failed to materialize, because it was a mandatory. Guy was willing to lose his belt until all the other options vanished.

Take a tune up? What tune up? He would have been stripped if he did. ***** had no choice. And we don't want no drained excuses when he loses, ***** already said he want Thurman and the boys and to unify afterwards so he clearly considers himself a welterweight. He even said he's a beast at the weight in this very same article.
      So what you're saying is: brook is actively seeking tough competitive fights. Jumping weight classes to fight different established fighters with varied styles and stances. So he would vacate his belt for better career defying opportunities but Unwilling to be stripped. He could easily say he can't make weight and vacate or his eye isn't healed yet, both reasonable excuses. Instead he will come back, maybe to soon and fight for his belt with his own physical odds against him. We need more fighters like this. Props. Believe It or not he did have a choice and he wasn't forced. There have been many boxers who have given away their belt instead of fighting Mandos. But kell isn't one of them.
      Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 04-01-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        I believe Spence is a more difficult fight than Thurman.

However, Brook is better than both.
        Just my thoughts !

Comment

I wouldn't hate that going down whoever wins. I suspect they will take the slower road if Spence wins doe & let him get in a defense or two. Probably starting with the Porter vs Berto winner which I think is a solid fight to make to get Spence some more experience. And I'd even suggest that fight isn't a bad choice next win or lose vs Brook or at worst he fights the loser of that fight instead of the winner if he comes up short vs Brook.

For sure Brook vs Thurman makes a ton of sense next time out if Brook wins as Brook is more established at 147 than Spence will be even if he beats Brook. And with Thurman's schedule as of late I think we can safely book Thurman vs Brook if Brook wins.....although probably in March of 2018.

Comment

Brook almost lost against Carson Jones. How is he better than Thurman? Brook only beat Porter on high level. Thurman is much proven fighter.

Comment

Yea I suspect the winner will get a 'lighter' touch in first..before fighting Thurman.

Thurman will fight Peterson I think. Spence/Brook winner against Porter/Berto winner.

Comment

Hard to bully anyone at any weight if you're contractually obligated under the IBF rules not to exceed 10 lbs on the 2nd day weigh in. Errol Spence will be equally big on fight night only with a greater reach.

Comment

If his eye is not hanging out by the 12th round with Spence, then he can think of Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    So what you're saying is: brook is actively seeking tough competitive fights. Jumping weight classes to fight different established fighters with varied styles and stances. So he would vacate his belt for better career defying opportunities but Unwilling to be stripped. He could easily say he can't make weight and vacate or his eye isn't healed yet, both reasonable excuses. Instead he will come back, maybe to soon and fight for his belt with his own physical odds against him. We need more fighters like this. Props. Believe It or not he did have a choice and he wasn't forced. There have been many boxers who have given away their belt instead of fighting Mandos. But kell isn't one of them.
                    Brook is so full of it. He said he wanted to unify the division after beating Porter. No one was avoiding Brook. He just wanted more money than he deserved. 30+ fights vs nobodies, after being pro for 10+ years? That doesn't bring in the top dollars. Brook then had an opportunity to unify with Vargas. Brook walked away from that fight. Brook moved up to fight GGG for the MONEY. He never had a chance. That wasn't that brave. His team knew from the start that they would throw the towel to save Brook if it got too crazy. And they did. Should have let Brook fight to the end like everyone else.
                    Brook was cornered. He had to take this fight. He gets no props. He tried his best to get Khan and then Pacquaio, but that didn't happen. And the IBF wouldn't allow a tune up. Vacating and going to 154 was a lose/lose. Brook would not beat any top 154 guy. And the ones he would beat, generates no money. So crossing his fingers and fighting Spence is his only real option.
                    He's a coward. Can't wait to see him get knocked out
                    Last edited by Martin.84; 04-01-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.84 View Post
                      Brook is so full of it. He said he wanted to unify the division after beating Porter. No one was avoiding Brook. He just wanted more money than he deserved. 30+ fights vs nobodies, after being pro for 10+ years? That doesn't bring in the top dollars. Brook then had an opportunity to unify with Vargas. Brook walked away from that fight. Brook moved up to fight GGG for the MONEY. He never had a chance. That wasn't that brave. His team knew from the start that they would throw the towel to save Brook if it got too crazy. And they did. Should have let Brook fight to the end like everyone else.
                      Brook was cornered. He had to take this fight. He gets no props. He tried his best to get Khan and then Pacquaio, but that didn't happen. And the IBF wouldn't allow a tune up. Vacating and going to 154 was a lose/lose. Brook would not beat any top 154 guy. And the ones he would beat, generates no money. So crossing his fingers and fighting Spence is his only real option.
                      He's a coward. Can't wait to see him get knocked out
                      Great post.

13 years a pro, and has beaten 1 good fighter. Spence is attempting to accomplish what this dude has, in a third of the career. There's only 1 hypejob in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X