Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: After I've Beaten Errol Spence, I Want Keith Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin.84 View Post
    You must not keep up well. Bc Brook clearly dragged this out far longer than it had to have been. Spence was his mandatory for a very long time. Brook was recently blabbing about unifying the division and Spence not being a big enough name. Again, Brook had the chance to unify with Vargas but walked away. He fought GGG and got murdered. afterwards he's crying about he's too big for 147 when it comes to Spence but he's chasing Khan for a fight at 147, wanted Pac at 147, and would fight Thurman which would be at 147 also. He wants the big money fights but has only fought 1 guy of note at 147 in 13 years. Lol. That's sad. So now he's cornered and has to fight Spence.
    ALL these guys play that "hes not a big enough name" only to fight somebody less known. They ALL play the weight game drag big men down, little guys up. I'm not British or I'm a fan of brook like I am a fan every fighter (except A Stevenson) because I'm a fan of boxing. I'm just going to keep it real. Brooks not avoiding anyone. It may took 13 years to step up but he has. Those 13 years dont matter to me. I care more about what a fighter is doing. Not done. You have your reasons to not have faith but so far he's living up to being a champion. There are fighters who have handed over their belt seemingly to completely avoid his mando. Brook is not guilty of that

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo7 View Post
      He was willing to face Porter, Golovkin and Spence so you would have to an idiot to think he would be scared of Chaves or Thurman.
      Hate to break it to you, but I just found out myself. Brook is a coward. He IS scared of anybody and everybody. He is ONLY taking these fights for money KNOWING he is going to lose. He is going to lay down for spence just like he did for triple G. Won't even put up fight. Worst dive since M Scott. Hard for me to believe I know. But people said it so it has to be true. But back to reality crazy how these fighters are damned if they do damned if they don't. Never heard so much complaing that a good fight was happening before.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo7 View Post
        He was willing to face Porter, Golovkin and Spence so you would have to an idiot to think he would be scared of Chaves or Thurman.
        He fought Porter because Porter had a title and he didn't. He fought G, because it was that or fight Spence. He is fighting Spence because it is that, fight no-names for minimal money, or move up to 154 where all the top guys would beat him and no where near the money there is at WW.

If he wasn't scared why did Brook abruptly cancel Chaves to fight Gavin and Bizier???

Brook got screwed because he had a belt that didn't belong to a Haymon fighter so that is the belt they have been grooming Spence for.

Except for fighting Porter for a title, Brook never fought anyone decent until Spence was his mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          Hate to break it to you, but I just found out myself. Brook is a coward. He IS scared of anybody and everybody. He is ONLY taking these fights for money KNOWING he is going to lose. He is going to lay down for spence just like he did for triple G. Won't even put up fight. Worst dive since M Scott. Hard for me to believe I know. But people said it so it has to be true. But back to reality crazy how these fighters are damned if they do damned if they don't. Never heard so much complaing that a good fight was happening before.
          I'm happy the fight is finally happening. Too bad Brook wouldn't fight anyone with a pulse until Spence was his mandatory though. It took him a day to fight Bizier but a year and a half to fight Spence, when it was fight or give up the belt.

It is sad fans cheer someone for fighting JoJo, Gavin, and Bizier. I can't even imagine if a Haymon fighter with a belt had those three fights in a row. The Internet would explode. Fighting a mandatory isn't the same as agreeing to fight a good opponent.

Brook-Spence should have happened a year ago at least. Brook literally canceled a fight with gatekeeper Chaves to fight Gavin. You can say that is a great fight all you want, but it's not. Thank God for mandatories otherwise Brook would continue facing hopeless opponents.

Comment

ALL these guys play that "hes not a big enough name" only to fight somebody less known. They ALL play the weight game drag big men down, little guys up. I'm not British or I'm a fan of brook like I am a fan every fighter (except A Stevenson) because I'm a fan of boxing. I'm just going to keep it real. Brooks not avoiding anyone. It may took 13 years to step up but he has. Those 13 years dont matter to me. I care more about what a fighter is doing. Not done. You have your reasons to not have faith but so far he's living up to being a champion. There are fighters who have handed over their belt seemingly to completely avoid his mando. Brook is not guilty of that
            Living up to being a champion? Lol. Really? Brook got the belt 3 years ago. He could have been unified. But no. He fought bums instead. Exactly what he did for the first 11 years of his career. He's cornered and has to step up. Fact. Real champs don't need to be cornered to fight tough opponents.
            Seems you have hate towards Canelo for letting his belt go. Brook isn't Canelo. The belt is the only thing that will bring him any good money fight. Canelo is a big draw with or without the belt.
            Last edited by Martin.84; 04-01-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Living up to being a champion? Lol. Really? Brook got the belt 3 years ago. He could have been unified. But no. He doubt bums instead. Exactly what be did for the first 11 years of his career. He's cornered and has to step up. Fact. Real champs don't need to be cornered to fight tough opponents.
              Seems you have hate towards Canelo for letting his belt go. Brook isn't Canelo. The belt is the only thing that will bring him any good money fight. Canelo is a big draw with or without the belt.
              You sound silly. Just be happy the fights happening. I didn't even mention canelo. You're all over the place. You said he was willing to drop the belt for big money fights. Now you're saying he needs the belt to get money fights. Calm down and think. You've been contradicting your opinions. The fights happening im excited. It's a good measuring stick for both. Brooks a champion. There are no bad champions. There are good champions and great champions, but not bad. If you more the welcome to highlight the bad, but then keep it real and highlight the good too. What an honest person would do

Comment

Brook needs to get through the first half of the fight and he'll win on points or with a late ko. One thing in his favour - the fans won't be just Brits, they'll also be his friends, peers, and fellow Blades fans from Sheffield. There'll be 27,000 of them. They'll be drunk, very noisy and totally partisan. Spence will be fighting in by far the most hostile environment he's ever fought in. It will be close but for me the home advantage will give Kell the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by sheffieldutb View Post
                  Brook needs to get through the first half of the fight and he'll win on points or with a late ko. One thing in his favour - the fans won't be just Brits, they'll also be his friends, peers, and fellow Blades fans from Sheffield. There'll be 27,000 of them. They'll be drunk, very noisy and totally partisan. Spence will be fighting in by far the most hostile environment he's ever fought in. It will be close but for me the home advantage will give Kell the edge.
                  To be honest that can hinder a fighter, from experience those people can't fight for you. Whether they are there to cheer you on or not, Brook hopefully would be ready for this fight. He has two major fights on his 13 years career. He is lucky his mandatory is a fighter who has been a pro for 4 years only. Hopefully Brook would finally step up his terrible resume "if" he gets through Spence.

But no one can disguise his terrible record at 147 in 13 years of fighting in around that weight. If Khan didn't reject him we wouldn't have seen this fight, so I thank Khan for helping Brook enhance his resume.

Comment

You sound silly. Just be happy the fights happening. I didn't even mention canelo. You're all over the place. You said he was willing to drop the belt for big money fights. Now you're saying he needs the belt to get money fights. Calm down and think. You've been contradicting your opinions. The fights happening im excited. It's a good measuring stick for both. Brooks a champion. There are no bad champions. There are good champions and great champions, but not bad. If you more the welcome to highlight the bad, but then keep it real and highlight the good too. What an honest person would do
                    No contradiction at all. You mentioned giving the belt up, not me. I spoke towards your statement that you brought up twice.
                    Point being, Brook tried to vacate to fight Khan or another champ. Only after 3 years of lame fights. He wouldn't have needed to vacate his belt had he fought Vargas before or unified as he's been recently blabbing about. Had the chance to dance but didn't. His fault.
                    On the flip side, as far as Brook vacating to move up to 154... That's a waste bc he would not make any good money or be able to win against the top dogs.
                    All n all, it is what it is. This fight is happening. And Brook will lose and we will see why he took so damn long to fight Spence.

Comment

No contradiction at all. You mentioned giving the belt up, not me. I spoke towards your statement that you brought up twice.
                      Point being, Brook tried to vacate to fight Khan or another champ. Only after 3 years of lame fights. He wouldn't have needed to vacate his belt had he fought Vargas before or unified as he's been recently blabbing about. Had the chance to dance but didn't. His fault.
                      On the flip side, as far as Brook vacating to move up to 154... That's a waste bc he would not make any good money or be able to win against the top dogs.
                      All n all, it is what it is. This fight is happening. And Brook will lose and we will see why he took so damn long to fight Spence.
                      Man I hope so. I am usually a best man win type of guy but I think Spence might be special so heres to hoping I'm right. But my opinion is brook isn't a coward or a duck was all I was getting at

Comment

Working...
                      X