Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF: If Nobody Agrees, Beterbiev Will Face Ward-Kovalev Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    There is absolutely NOTHING in the way of that fight. It could happen tomorrow. You do realize Ward DID fight Kovalev who is much more dangerous than Beterbiev? I mean, common sense has to applied here.
    Kovalov is the most dangerous boxer out there eight now. He's actually killed someone in the ring and look what he did to Pascal. Wouldn't finish him off because he was enjoying punishing him too much... Roach had to save Pascal and throw in the towel.

Comment

When a Boxer is garantied an amount per fight, It's their promoters that have to pay the difference to their boxers even if the bid goes way under the obvious maths.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        So as long as Beterbiev was willing to fight for peanuts too, Barrera is obligated? How is it that we forget that these dudes are men who are their own business. Self employed. They have to make the best decision they can for their business.
        I understand your point, but wasn't Barerra the one who pushed for this fight? As far as I know, the only questions were dates and venues, not money! There's more to this than you and I know. Why didn't he know what was in the contract? Did he actually see a contract? If not, why? Wasn't Main Events bid much lower? Had Main Events won, what were they going to pay him? Too much drama!

Comment

Originally posted by Ind Ividual View Post
          I heard Michel say that Beterbiev IS, in his contract garantied something like 300k per fight.

So when Duva "Started" negociations with GYM, they were talking about something like a 400k deal, 300 for Beter, 100 for Bar. Which is almost an insult for Bar but at least a place to start.

From there, Her Ruse was to leak info or something toward Michel, that Main Event's bid will probably be around 450k. And that if GYM counter with 500k+, She would be happy with it and the 125k for her client.

There is more to this story it involve greed and all sorts of ****. So I can't blame Barrera from not letting himself be exploited.
          There's too much drama! I can't help but thinking about Duva requesting a purse bid for Stevenson vs. Kovalev, and then pulling out the fight after they lost the purse bid! WTF???

Comment

We know that Ward's demands will be at least 5M garantied for his next fight. And It will be difficult for anyone to garanty him that against Beterbiev or any kind of opponent because his style is so boring.

Sooo, I think he will drop the IBF belt for a favor or a fee, and let Kovalev fight Beterbiev for it and build up the rematch a bit so his demands are met.

Even if Ward seems to be looking the other way, what he really wants is to "retire" undefeated with the lineal LHW title added to his pedigree.

Comment

Who knows, with a Gold medal, Undefeated, 2 times Lineal Champion of the World. Son of God might even become the President of America one day.

Comment

Ward should be suspended at least a year for breaching the contract, should be stripped, and Kovalev vs Beterbiev can fight for the belts.

Comment

The title says: IBF: If Nobody Agrees, Beterbiev Will Face Ward-Kovalev Winner.

Thats the key here. Wouldn't it be cool if everybody could sit down and hammer a super 4 for the LHW uncontested Supremacy?

I mean really sit down and talk like mens and cut a deal that will make the fans and gamblers go wild for.

First, Kovalev drop the rematch clause that wont be so hot of a sale anyway, in exchange Ward drop the IBF title and let Kovalev have a chalenging fan favorite fight with Beterbiev on his side.

Second, let Ward make a deal with the GYM/Haymen clan to fight the winner of Stevenson-Alvarez for the lineal title.

And finish it all with a Huge potential Unification and Revenge fight between Kovalev and Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    The International Boxing Federation has confirmed that light heavyweight contender Artur Beterbiev (11-0, 11 KOs) is about to become the mandatory challenger to IBF world champion Andre Ward (31-0, 15 KOs). BoxingScene.com reported on Tuesday that Beterbiev was about to get the mandatory position, by default, because of the boxer's tough task in securing an opponent for a final eliminator.
                    [Click Here To Read More]

that is a much better idea

I want Kovalev first, and it is too soon for Beterbiev

but if nobody else wants the opportunity, then so be it

just so long as this doesn't fk the Kovalev fight

we already know that the IBF has no respect for rematches because of the way they stripped Fury

if they do not talk to Ward, and work with him..... then they can pick up that shht from the bin and look like fools, AGAIN

Ward could simply vacate the IBF, rematch Kovalev..... and then take that belt from Beterbiev whenever he wants

of all the ****ty ABC organisations, the IBF need to learn their place

I got no problem with them if they work with the fighters to come to the best conclusion for boxing..... but they would need to have a MUCH better ranking system in order to justify strictly honoring their own rules, whilst walking all over every other sanctioning body and fighter

#alreadyPROVENsecondrate

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Jeff Page Jr put Beterbum on his ass and he slaps softer than Ward
                      omg did you really said that ? What a moron. Have you seen the KD ? Beterbiev was outbalanced when it happened and got up immediatly and knockdown the f**k out of Page Jr 3 times in a row. This Kd was exactly like when Kovalev got KD by Caparrelo.
                      Calling a Guy who knocked 2 former World Champion within his first 8 fights a "bum" makes you the dumbess clown of the day. Congrats loser.

Comment

Working...
                      X