Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF: If Nobody Agrees, Beterbiev Will Face Ward-Kovalev Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
    Look, both had moments in this fight. but...
    1. Jacobs got knock down.
    2. Jacobs was phased where he was clinching for his life.

I give him 5 rounds, and thats with weight advantage.

GGG was more of an agressor and never been in any danger.

To become a champion you have to top what the other guy did. so you need to be insane out of your mind to think Jacobs won - anything.
    I have no problem at all with a 7-5 card. That's what I had exactly for GGG and Kovalov but I also cant argue if ppl had It 6-6 or 7-5 for Jacobs and Ward...

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      When they have so much hate for GGG they will score it for Jacobs. GGG won the fight but since it was close it is okay for them to scream robbery or that GGG was exposed. They leave out the fact that Jacobs was almost a cruiserweight in there and still got dropped and was still gunshy. GGG still undefeated and the king at MW it kills them but thats the fact.
      And a TON of GGG fans screamed bloody murder ROBBERY of the Century when Ward won against Kovalov. But ALL never mention that Ward pretty much won every round in the 2nd half on almost EVERYONE card. It's not Ward's fault if Kovalov forgot that boxing can go past 6 rounds. That was a tale of two fights. KOV. won the 1st half and Ward the second. No American conspiracy there. I've heard a SHT ton of excuses. From the ref. Location, judging. Fuk even the time was an excuse...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        And a TON of GGG fans screamed bloody murder ROBBERY of the Century when Ward won against Kovalov. But ALL never mention that Ward pretty much won every round in the 2nd half on almost EVERYONE card. It's not Ward's fault if Kovalov forgot that boxing can go past 6 rounds. That was a tale of two fights. KOV. won the 1st half and Ward the second. No American conspiracy there. I've heard a SHT ton of excuses. From the ref. Location, judging. Fuk even the time was an excuse...
        Now that is an actual close fight, considering that Kovavlev dropped Ward and won first 6 rounds (according to you) then that would enforce the robbery claims cuz that means winning 6 rounds plus the extra point for the KD means that Kovalev should have emerged as the winner by SD. Jacobs did not drop GGG or hurt him spent most of the fight on the back foot afraid to throw anything of consequence. So there is your difference personally I dont even give all the late rounds to Ward most yes but not all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Does it matter? The split was 75-25. Even if Beterbiev was making the same amount, 80k is still peanuts and a guy who has been in with champions should demand more than that, even if it means fighting on an undercard. I'm not even a Barerra fan..I just know that 80k isn't much of a purse after paying for gym time, sparring partners, nutrition, taxes, etc.
          It does matter. If Beterbiev was going to make $100K, and was willing to go to MIAMI, and Barerra said no, then I have a problem with that! As I recall Main Events wasn't going to go through with the fight after lost the purse bid, and Barerra went off on social media, etc., begging for the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            It does matter. If Beterbiev was going to make $100K, and was willing to go to MIAMI, and Barerra said no, then I have a problem with that! As I recall Main Events wasn't going to go through with the fight after lost the purse bid, and Barerra went off on social media, etc., begging for the fight!
            So as long as Beterbiev was willing to fight for peanuts too, Barrera is obligated? How is it that we forget that these dudes are men who are their own business. Self employed. They have to make the best decision they can for their business.

Comment

Ward will never fight Beterbiev. He!!, he probably won't fight Kovalev. Ward is like Floydie, he's gotta retire with the 0 or he'd sob himself to death. They might as well go ahead and schedule Kovalev/Beterbiev, save time.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                The guy who beat Chocolatito got paid 75k, Salido's purse for his fight for Vargas was around 30k. Barrera agreed to the purse bid and knew the rules. His promoter would have paid him less if they won the bid. You get paid who you fight and the size of the event. Does he really think that this fight will do a lot of revenue?
                It's not a matter of whether he thought he should get paid more for that fight or just to fight in general. At the end of the day it's a business decision. Oh and Salido got all the Mexican money for his fight vs Vargas so his purse was much more than 30k. Also, the guy who fought Gonzalez did what he had to do to get his shot. That doesn't make taking peanuts the baseline. Each fighter determines his worth and makes a business decision on a per fight basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  How much was Beterbiev going to make?
                  I heard Michel say that Beterbiev IS, in his contract garantied something like 300k per fight.

So when Duva "Started" negociations with GYM, they were talking about something like a 400k deal, 300 for Beter, 100 for Bar. Which is almost an insult for Bar but at least a place to start.

From there, Her Ruse was to leak info or something toward Michel, that Main Event's bid will probably be around 450k. And that if GYM counter with 500k+, She would be happy with it and the 125k for her client.

There is more to this story it involve greed and all sorts of ****. So I can't blame Barrera from not letting himself be exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Ward will never fight Beterbiev. He!!, he probably won't fight Kovalev. Ward is like Floydie, he's gotta retire with the 0 or he'd sob himself to death. They might as well go ahead and schedule Kovalev/Beterbiev, save time.
                    There is absolutely NOTHING in the way of that fight. It could happen tomorrow. You do realize Ward DID fight Kovalev who is much more dangerous than Beterbiev? I mean, common sense has to applied here.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                      Now that is an actual close fight, considering that Kovavlev dropped Ward and won first 6 rounds (according to you) then that would enforce the robbery claims cuz that means winning 6 rounds plus the extra point for the KD means that Kovalev should have emerged as the winner by SD. Jacobs did not drop GGG or hurt him spent most of the fight on the back foot afraid to throw anything of consequence. So there is your difference personally I dont even give all the late rounds to Ward most yes but not all.
                      Kovalov was stumbling around like a drunk on queen street in round 11 or 12. He literally almost fell through the ropes. If the fight would of went another round or 2 he would of probably been tko'd. He was fighting on fumes while Ward looked like a spring chicken.

Comment

Working...
                      X