No announcement yet.

IT'S OFFICIAL! Andre Ward is P4P King!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    I think the only titles worth mentioning are those you win in the ring. And before anyone says anything about GGG's WBC belt, yes. I also think it's fine when somebody is so adamant about not fighting you that they give you their title. That's a forfeit IMO.
    GGG did win his belt in the ring. he unified with the interim champion. not his fault cotto & canelo were so scared of him they left the division.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      GGG did win his belt in the ring. he unified with the interim champion. not his fault cotto & canelo were so scared of him they left the division.
      You're absolutely right, man.

Comment

Pretty obvious he's P4P no.1

Imo you can't put Kov P4P no.1 for struggling with Ward who is moving up from the division below. That reflects better on Ward than it does Kovalev.

Comment

No 1 spot is vacant as far as I'm concerned.

None of the fighters in the game is worthy of being called p4p king. Except Loma, but he's still fairly unproven.

Comment

Good for Ward he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
              I'll take their opinion over some fanboys on a boxing forum. It isn't a popularity contest, which morons like you think it is.
              I'm surprised. I thought you'd take issue with Golovkin at #3. Or do you only respect 'expert' opinions when they coincide with your own (like most of us)?

Myself I think P4P's a bunch of monkey grapes, but I've got a rough list of who I think are the best 10 or 15 fighters in the world in no particular order. Getting in a bunch over the exact ranking though is just silly - like angels on a pinhead, man. But dudes around here seem to love arguing over that ****, so who I am to tell 'em it's pointless?

Comment

Just because people who don't matter gather to share an opinion doesn't mean it's valid. I could grab 50 people who said Jacobs won, it doesn't change reality.

Ward beat kov who was a highly ranked fighter, and he was already a highly ranked fighter so it makes sense that his ranking would rise period. If we validated every time some fan was upset over a decision the game would be more fractured than it is now.

Ward #1 p4p

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  Post fight interviews with almost every trainer, boxer, and sportswriter said pretty much the same.

Almost to a man and woman, everyone amazed at how Ward got off the canvas and took it to Sergei.

3 judges saw it too.

One guy making the fight, landing the harder, clearer punches.

The other guy trying to make something happen off his back foot and holding on for dear life when he couldn't, which was often.

That's why Sergei lost, and rightfully so.
                  I don't know if you are serious or not, but I can respect the opinion that Kovalev won too, it was really close, I just felt like that 1 KD doesn't win a fight and overall Ward made it his fight and in the end Kovalev was spent, while Ward was still actually accelerating. I think that Kovalev fell into kind of a rookie trap, that he would completely steam through Ward after the KD. He spent all his energy trying to get some more KD's, when in fact, he probably would have won the fight, had he tried to box and just got right back to what he was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    Everyone hasn't accepted it though.
                    Why was Hype Job banned?

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      No 1 spot is vacant as far as I'm concerned.

None of the fighters in the game is worthy of being called p4p king. Except Loma, but he's still fairly unproven.
                      Not surprised. I expected you to say this. That's how your type see it but Ward is number one pound for pound. Yeah. I had to type it all out for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X