Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No Robbery at MSG, But Golovkin's Future Plans are Criminal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by epyh View Post
    It was a close fight where all 3 judges agreed on 8 rds and Jacobs getting decked in the fourth then hurt in the ninth.

The overwhelming majority of boxing writters had Gennady the deserving close winner.

Therefore there's no controversy whatsoever, except for Golovkin haters like yourself.
    On the fight scoring app the majority of fans had Jacobs winning. Boxing writers don't buy tickets, fans do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
      Hey Lyle Fitzsimmons,

What did Oscar buy you?
      Expensive wine? A weekend away for you and the mrs?

I don't mind having differing opinions, but i do mind when a so called journalist only gives half the story and can't write an objective article, giving both sides of the story. This is how I've drawn the conclusion you are on ODLH payroll (or need some journalist practise).

You missed that Jacobs was "very happy with negotiations" (post fight speech), he weighed in early, didn't show up for IBF 2nd weigh in giving himself a huge weight advantage and looked like a smw in the ring, he gained lots of new fans and had his story told by hbo to a wide audience.

He may have lost the fight, but he didn't lose out in the bigger picture. This is why you won't see him carrying on and making a huge fuss over it.

If he won that fight, it really would of been handed to him on a silver platter.
      There were certainly no 'A side' tactics from Golovkin or K2.
      ODLH probably put on some women's clothes and did a little dance for Lyle lol

Comment

• WOW!!!! This is the most on point boxingscene article I've ever read. Pretty much echoeswhat I've been saying since the GGG hype train started. And echoes what I've been saying since this past Sat's result. It's time for GGG to **** or get off the pot.

Comment

• I don't think it was a robbery even though I had Jacobs winning 7-5. Was a very close fight.

I am looking forward to seeing what the ggg fans say if he doesn't rematch Jacobs next.

Historically, they are very critical of boxers that don't rematch close fights immediately. The very worst ggg fans label this ducking the rematch.

Let's see if they are consistent or change. If they change, I think we should discuss why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            Jacobs landed mostly on ggg gloves. It's clear those who think he won didn't really watch it again. Have an agenda. Or just don't get scoring. The person who lands the more solid effective shots wins. Jacobs needed glasses like Ward. Haters mad he lost. Cool, they probably really thought he'd win. Got out boxed by ggg.

People want to grade Jacobs on a curve.

What happened to the whole if ggg didn't have power he couldn't win bull crap.

They say size mattered against Brook, Jacobs size means nothing.

When ggg beats Canelo, size will matter again. That's so transparent.
            It's also why Gonzales should have won his fight. That fight was more controversial but I see very little being said about it, I wonder why...

Comment

• I had Golovkin winning by three points but agree with the author it was a close fight. While I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch I'd like to see the rematch with far less weigh in shenanigans. Lets be honest here Jacobs team never planned on Danny fighting for the middleweight title as a middleweight. First, the initial weigh in was way, way, early allowing Jacobs a day and a half or so to rehydrate. Jacobs team knew all along that he couldn't pass the 10 pound over limit the day of the fight so dumped the IBF version of the title in order to have a huge weight advantage. Jacobs was fighting way, way over the limit and I believe that's the only reason he finished on his feet. I'd like to see a rematch but lets get back to weighing in 12 hours before the fight. If fighters want to fight as light heavyweights or cruiserweights than fight in that weight class. If Jacobs made weight like he should have he would have been drained since he's not really a middleweight. Why have weight classes when contracts can void them when fighting for a title. Don't think Jacobs would have anywhere near the success fighting fighters his own size like Kovalev or even Andre Ward. In a nutshell Jacobs, Stop pulling a Canelo and fight guys your own size

Comment

• Golovkin doesn't owe Jacobs anything. He fought Jacobs. He beat Jacobs. His goal has always been to get all the belts to unify the division. TBH I thought it was a boring fight with Jacobs having to hang in there and survive 12 rounds with Golovkin. Wouldn't want to see a rematch. This Lyle Fitzsimmons needs to have his eyes checked and quit boxing journalism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  On the fight scoring app the majority of fans had Jacobs winning. Boxing writers don't buy tickets, fans do.
                  The MSG fans all cheered the Gennady decision. And they were the ones who paid the tickets, not the weirdoes on fight scoring app.

Comment

• Any r3tard who thinks Jacobs won the fight needs their head checked. GGG dropped him, wobbled him several times, was the aggressor marching forward all night, controlled the fight with his jab, didn't get hurt once, outpunched/outlanded him overall according to compubox including outpunching/outlanding him in 9/12 rounds with 1 round being even. But yeah Jacobs definitely won the fight hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by epyh View Post
                      The MSG fans all cheered the Gennady decision. And they were the ones who paid the tickets, not the weirdoes on fight scoring app.
                      The "weirdoes on fight scoring app" bought the PPV's. Everybody doesn't live in New York you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X