• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
    Good comment, respect, I still owe you a red karma though haha

Haha, ok fair enough

Comment

• Looking like the day of the upsets..... WARGARCIA!!!

Comment

• Even though i dont like haye that much , i felt sorry for him seeing him struggle when he got injured and a part of me wanted to see him catch bellew with a lucky shot and come from behind to win.....bellew won yes but it was with an injured fighter who could barely stand on his knee....there is to much hate on this forum sometimes when really these boxers put there lives in the line for our entertainment...and it really could have gone horribly wrong tonight when one boxer cannot defend himself properly.... haye should get another try at bellew in fairness

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          Keep telling yourself this. Survive? He Knocked him into the ropes...lol So you were able to xray Haye through your TV with your magic powers>?

no one knows about any injury, STOP
          he was losing lmfao get over it. he won be happy.

Comment

• this is the end for haye lol
            too much trash talking

Comment

• http://

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                The point was, Haye being the ripped, super fast, executioner of a puncher, was going to "kill" (according to some here) Bellew. Despite the injury, Bellew took Haye's punch. Thats really the story. The problem is, and I say this taking nothing away from Bellew, who did a tremendous job, Haye was never the fighter hyped as he was. Haye has always been an ambush fighter, not an aggressive relentless attacker. Haye was just never as good as he was made to seem, despite being a talented, hard punching, legit heavyweight/cruiser.

For some of us who have been on this earth a while its laughable to compare, someone like Tyson, or Holyfield, for example, both guys who could do harm (for different reasons) to a guy who always fought relatively infrequently, who looked great physically...(so did Raquel Welch, and she wasn't known for her punching), who was just never that outstanding to begin with.
                I'd agree to a point, but I'd say Haye did fit that criteria at Cruiser. He's never been a stand-out HW. Still, he is leagues better than Bellew.

Injury or no injury, (and for me it was definitely an injury that finished the fight) Haye looked awful. He was swinging away like butterbean, his timing was off, his jab was poor, he really didn't catch Bellew with anything significant. Bellew looked like he had the better timing and speed.

I really thought we'd see enough of the old Haye for this to be a walk in the park. but his natural timing and speed were absent, replaced by a heavier, lumbering fighter. I thought Bellew would look the heavier fighter on his feet but it was Haye.

If Haye wants to carry on, which he shouldn't, he needs to get back down to 210.

Comment

• Originally posted by low blows View Post
                  No it set back his career he SHOULD destroy Bellew in a rematch 6+ months from now but who knows how long it will take for his ankle to be able to train on it. If I was his trainer I would have pulled Haye much earlier, his injury was probably further aggravated by the needless extra rounds on the ankle.
                  I've had ankle problems since my mid 20's, I can say first hand that if he really ruptured his tendon he should hang them up, his fight style now depends on pushing off that foot half the time and it's only going to take one bad push to ruin it for life. I'm actually surprised he fought that long on it, it feels like someone is shoving a knife up the entire back of your leg up to the hip area.

Comment

• WOW! Haven't seen a fight like that, felt bad for Haye he showed so much heart respect. Still an excellent win for Bellew and respect to both of them for showing class after the match!

Comment

• We all know the injury played a roll in the outcome , however much to my surprise , Bellew was holding his own before the injury. I was wrong totally off on my prediction for this fight .

Comment

Working...
                      X