No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Drops, Stops David Haye in MASSIVE Upset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    The public wants exciting fights! the sport of a boxing needs, exciting match ups with a story and theme! David Haye is one of the very few heavyweights that understand this concept! that is why his last fight gain more attention, and was more lucrative than 99.9% of the heavyweight fights out there! Fighting Shannon Briggs, is a fight with a story and a theme! (I think it is a great fight for David Haye!)...

....I sighed as I read that. So are we getting rid of titles then? Is sport redundant now? The person who earns the most money 'wins' boxing?

No one was asking for Haye - Bellew before the 'grudge' started. It's not like some theoretical fight that people had been daydreaming about for ages. It was manufactured like any wrestling event would be.

Not saying all non-belt related (Or on route to get there) fights are worthless as everyone wants to see the occasional stranger match ups (Kell Brook - GGG for example was an interesting curiosity but lets face it, Golovkin was struggling to get an opponent) every so often but my problem is that a fight like this is making people rate or talk about Haye-Briggs higher than the Joseph Parker-Hughie Fury fight which is about to happen- there's got to be some sort of honesty about level and it should never be allowed to deviate from a meritocracy- we've already seen that happen so often in the last 15 years with people keeping their golden goose in the safety bubble of their own country so as to not risk it and that can make people presume they're at a higher level than they are.

Also, what the hell is a 'theme' in this context? Because the thing you're talking about doesn't sound like sport any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Playboy_Jesse View Post
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Awww you and your little "fellas" are so hurt that your hero got his bytch ass knocked out of the ring. He deserved it for having a ****** haircut. My girlfriend will get pounded by me tonight so y'all can watch via stream like I did for this fight. You seem to have gay tendencies so maybe pound your "fellahs
      only ni66a havin gay tendencies is yo daddy you ponk a55 mofo.
      haye fell out the ring, NOT knocked out the ring..how long did it take your scouse boyfriend to stop him? an eternity! and why?
      because the ref and mcguigan junior jumped in you dull **** ox 5h1t**** muvvas ****.
      are you bellew? bell end more like. gayboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lokutus View Post
        Is that after you and your "fellahs" have stopped drilling each other? And slurping up the desert? ****ing prick
        no, you do the cleaning up after you finished crying about us giving that ****** scumcnt 8itch wife the angry an4l treatment (AND EATIN OUR JUICE) she sooooooooooooo loves....just like a crackh0re beggin like a dawwwwwwwg. scuz eater..LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Lokutus View Post
          Is it any coincidence that Joshuas next opponent, is a gun shy, glass chinned past his prime old man?

It's the usual UK hype fix. When Joshua stops Wlad (and I hope and pray Wlad just lands one right hand bomb) the Hearn clan and sky TV will reach unprecedented levels of jingoism and group ************
          My assertion wasn't that Joshua is fighting the best out there, but that his resume is significantly better than Wilder's. Yes, Klitschko is old (though only one fight away from being THE champ) but he's better than Gerald Washington, Chris "The Nipple" Arreola and Artur Szpilka.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            The public wants exciting fights! the sport of a boxing needs, exciting match ups with a story and theme! David Haye is one of the very few heavyweights that understand this concept! that is why his last fight gain more attention, and was more lucrative than 99.9% of the heavyweight fights out there! Fighting Shannon Briggs, is a fight with a story and a theme! (I think it is a great fight for David Haye!)...

Sorry what? You think Haye is taking these fights as a favour for fans? A story and a "Theme"?!? What are they exactly? Because that "grudge" is as fake as any wrestling storyline and I think it's that sort of thing which degrades boxing as a sport. It's marketing! It's a cheap and easy way of getting interest in a fight which has no real sporting merit.

I don't want fake arguments or "Almost came to blows...." press conferences with the ******, contrived face to face stare down and statements of how they really, really, really hate each other for real this time.

I want honesty and people trying to be the best at their sport.

Comment

Working...
            X