No announcement yet.

Why do people really want to see ggg VS Canelo so bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original zero View Post
    There was no need to move up. Canelo was the WBC middleweight champion of the world. GGG was the WBA/IBF middleweight champion of the world.

Why wouldn't the public want to see them unify?
    So Canelo beat cotto and now he has to fight ggg?

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
      I don't get it?

What's the infatuation with wanting Canelo to move up so bad?

It's not like there's an argument for p4p #1 a stake for them. They've fought in different weight classes forever. There's no "REAL" beef between them.

What is it?

Is it because it's a legacy fight?

Or is it for the money?
      You must not have noticed .. Canelo has already moved up.

As a GGG fan, I couldn't care less whether he fights Canelo or not. It's just annoying to see the way a certain clique of members at this site are pretending to believe that GGG is the one who has been ducking Canelo, not the other way round.

Comment

So Canelo beat cotto and now he has to fight ggg?
        That was the agreement

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          You must not have noticed .. Canelo has already moved up.

As a GGG fan, I couldn't care less whether he fights Canelo or not. It's just annoying to see the way a certain clique of members at this site are pretending to believe that GGG is the one who has been ducking Canelo, not the other way round.
          If you don't want to see the fight, then how is Canelo ducking?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            That was the agreement
            Yup. If I remember correctly, Cotto paid the step aside money to fight Canelo.

Then WBC said the winner MUST fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              That was the agreement
              So Canelo agreed that if he fought and beat cotto, he would then fight ggg?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Yup. If I remember correctly, Cotto paid the step aside money to fight Canelo.

Then WBC said the winner MUST fight GGG.
                So Canelo never actually agreed to fighting ggg if he were to beat cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Exactly. When Canelo won that WBC belt GGG was the mandatory challenger.

Then came feel my balls, we don't **** around in Mexico doe. Put the gloves on right now doe
                  And this:

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                    There was no need to move up. Canelo was the WBC middleweight champion of the world. GGG was the WBA/IBF middleweight champion of the world.

Why wouldn't the public want to see them unify?
                    The problem with these situations is there's no drama between Warren and K2. When the WBA ordered Ggg vs Jacobs in sure that was unexpected by both fighters. The real scenario is Loeffler and Abel consistently say BJS name for the WBO. I'm sure that is what's frustrating Oscar and Bhop.

It seems even more merrier to put Alvarez vs GGG on the last defense to reach Bhopal record, even though there's debate on gggs defenses compared to Bhops. At this point we should take whatever is illustrated for "defenses," since who cares lets jut see them fight.

A 27-29 year old Alvarez could be a prime 160 fighter. If I recall Golovkin was about the same age to fame at 160?

A bigger Nelo landing uppercuts, holding, blasting his guard with no head movement I am sure Nelo beats him. Golovkin too old anyways. An Alvarez now would beat the ggg that fought Ouma.

That's just goes to show how ATG Floyd was/is.

Comment

So Canelo agreed that if he fought and beat cotto, he would then fight ggg?
                      Yes. That was the stipulation for Golovkin accepting the step aside agreement prior to Cotto-Canelo. The winner had to face GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X