Why do people really want to see ggg VS Canelo so bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
    I don't get it?

What's the infatuation with wanting Canelo to move up so bad?

It's not like there's an argument for p4p #1 a stake for them. They've fought in different weight classes forever. There's no "REAL" beef between them.

What is it?

Is it because it's a legacy fight?

Or is it for the money?
    Don what's the biznesss baby??I really wanna see this fight..I've been wanted to see this fight,I like the Jacob's fight but this is the fight right here..What do mean Alverez has to move up??He fought Cotto at MW right??

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I don't know what your deal is, but this thread and your responses within are really sad. Whether you're trolling or just that bitter about the chance of this fight happened and Golovkin winning, I don't know, but either way you sound like a scared fanboy.
      They always have to have an agenda doe. It's trendy hating on GGG these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Green K for you, brother. You could write a book on this stuff. Hey, if Haymon can do it, I'd love to see it and would praise him from here on out for cleaning things up. I hope it happens.

I also have to say that I might have been a jerk in past threads. I told myself that you took the alphabet thing too seriously when no one cares. I don't think that's the case though. You really do have it figured out and while I don't think you like the system either, you make a great proposal at cleaning it up on top of understanding the crooked history behind it. Excellent attention to detail, friend. You rock!
        Oh believe me, I hate the sanctioning bodies. Even the WBC. The entire set up of the sport is so corrupt and so ridiculous. But I did grow up in the 80s when WBC/WBA/IBF were king and there was nothing else. WBA & IBF both get caught taking bribes, then WBA starts the super/regular nonsense and at that point, the WBC was the last man standing IMO.

Even the WBC's harshest critics would admit that unlike the WBA & IBF, you could not pay cash for WBC rankings. Sulaiman was a dictator. Sulaiman was an *******. Sulaiman played favorites. Sulaiman was a lot of things. But he was also independently wealthy, truly believed he was in charge of boxing, truly loved boxing, and absolutely refused to sell rankings the way the WBA & IBF did.

Sure you could move up the WBC rankings by becoming Sulaiman's friend, paying regional title fight sanctioning fees, etc, but paying cash for rankings is a line Sulaiman refused to cross, whereas you could get any ranking you wanted in the WBA & IBF for the right price. So even if you want to throw all of the sanctioning bodies in the garbage, the WBC deserves to be acknowledged as the cleanest of the dirty.

Comment

• Two of the best fighters around at the minute, in a fight i feel would be a exciting one.

I can't think of any negatives surrounding the fight.

Comment

• It'd be a great fight between two quality fighters.

If Canelo beats Chavez Jr and GGG beats Jacobs, as most people believe will happen, the clamor for Canelo-GGG is going to be thunderous. Especially if Canelo stops Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
              I don't get it?

What's the infatuation with wanting Canelo to move up so bad?

It's not like there's an argument for p4p #1 a stake for them. They've fought in different weight classes forever. There's no "REAL" beef between them.

What is it?

Is it because it's a legacy fight?

Or is it for the money?
              1. Two guys that are on most peoples p4p list.

2. GGG has 3 belts and Canelo the lineal.

3. Its a big fight for boxing that actually means something and just is'nt a fight where the names are known.

4. Its for legacy.

5. If I'm wrong about Canelo, I want to see it with my own two eyes. I grow tired of endless debates and he said she said bull****. Lace em the **** up and lets see who the ****ing man is.

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
                Oh believe me, I hate the sanctioning bodies. Even the WBC. The entire set up of the sport is so corrupt and so ridiculous. But I did grow up in the 80s when WBC/WBA/IBF were king and there was nothing else. WBA & IBF both get caught taking bribes, then WBA starts the super/regular nonsense and at that point, the WBC was the last man standing IMO.

Even the WBC's harshest critics would admit that unlike the WBA & IBF, you could not pay cash for WBC rankings. Sulaiman was a dictator. Sulaiman was an *******. Sulaiman played favorites. Sulaiman was a lot of things. But he was also independently wealthy, truly believed he was in charge of boxing, truly loved boxing, and absolutely refused to sell rankings the way the WBA & IBF did.

Sure you could move up the WBC rankings by becoming Sulaiman's friend, paying regional title fight sanctioning fees, etc, but paying cash for rankings is a line Sulaiman refused to cross, whereas you could get any ranking you wanted in the WBA & IBF for the right price. So even if you want to throw all of the sanctioning bodies in the garbage, the WBC deserves to be acknowledged as the cleanest of the dirty.
                Wow. I always knew Sulaiman was a dictator for sure. I thought he was the most corrupt but that's good that he didn't cross those lines. I got to be a fan in the 90s and the major three were the real recognized guys whereas the WBO was gaining respect in the heavyweight division with Bowe winning it and defending it on HBO. And the next thing you know, they were recognized. The WBU, IBA, IBC and others were around but no one took them seriously. I've looked those bodies up and sadly enough, they still exist. I couldn't believe it, but of course, they hold no sway over who the real champions are. If we went back to the WBC and WBA(minus their BS super titles) I wouldn't mind that, but one champion is the ideal goal. I don't know of any other sport where you have multiple champions.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                  Wow. I always knew Sulaiman was a dictator for sure. I thought he was the most corrupt but that's good that he didn't cross those lines. I got to be a fan in the 90s and the major three were the real recognized guys whereas the WBO was gaining respect in the heavyweight division with Bowe winning it and defending it on HBO. And the next thing you know, they were recognized. The WBU, IBA, IBC and others were around but no one took them seriously. I've looked those bodies up and sadly enough, they still exist. I couldn't believe it, but of course, they hold no sway over who the real champions are. If we went back to the WBC and WBA(minus their BS super titles) I wouldn't mind that, but one champion is the ideal goal. I don't know of any other sport where you have multiple champions.

Sulaiman didn't need the money and even if he did, the WBC was very good at catering to the biggest stars and thus being able to collect 3% on the biggest purses. Why waste time worrying about a $2,000 bribe to move someone up the bantamweight rankings when it's far more lucrative in the long term to just make sure the biggest stars are fighting for you? The WBA & IBF were always short sighted compared to the WBC.

HBO was one of the last hold outs on the WBO. Showtime caved first because they were more desperate than HBO was for title fights. Even those HBO Bowe fights for the WBO title, go check the tape. You'll hear Lampley dropping gems like, "the title to which Michael Buffer referred in his pre-fight introductions is granted by an organization which is not recognized by HBO" or "in our book here at HBO, we don't recgonize the governing body that awards the title that Michael Buffer is referring to."

As for the WBU, IBA, IBC, etc, Arum tried his damndest to put the IBA on the map the way he had with the IBF, it just didn't work. Maybe it would have worked if he didn't give up, but he felt double crossed by Dean Chance (IBA president) and refused to ever work with the IBA ever again. Without Arum, the IBA had no chance.

The WBU was pushed as a world title in Europe though. The UK in particular got spoiled by having a near monopoly on the WBO for years and once the WBO started to gain acceptance in the US, the UK needed a new easy title to get their hands on and the WBU slid right in. Ricky Hatton defended the WBU title a million times and it was pushed as a world title. It was only when he one the IBF that the WBU lost their momentum.

These days there are two fake WBUs trying to use the name (the owner died). IBA owned is dead too. Maybe somebody will try to steal that name next.

But keep in mind we don't actually have one champion in other sports, we just have one champion everybody recognizes as the clear cut #1. There are a million basketball leagues around the world and therefore a bunch of champions, but everybody considers the NBA the top league and therefore there is no dispute over who is the "world champion" team of basketball.

So if PBC ever gains a monopoly of big time US boxing, that is the best chance for there to be a clear cut #1 title. That can't happen though until HBO leaves the sport, which I think is inevitable.
                  Last edited by original zero; 02-24-2017, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X