No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Deal is Very Close, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
    I really don't count the ggg fight (or the canelo khan fight) in his favor because everyone in the world knew he was gonna lose and he did. He looked sharp and quick and versatile and got sparked out. Abruptly. That fight was a money grab, Brook will have a test in Spence like Spence will have a test with him. Should be a good fight however I'll believe it will happen when it's signed on the dotted line.
    Very good post. That fight if it gets made would be a test for both fighters, for once a good mandatory match up. We have been calling Brook the best WW now for over 3 years without him actually proving it in the ring, others have catch and over taking him at 147 as of now.

Spence also has been getting a lot of hype due to the way he stopped his eliminator and the things we hear from other boxers in the industry. So having both fighters matching up would answer a lot of the questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Go check what Brook weighs on fight nights at 147.
      This information is not available anywhere. Hearn says he's 165-168 on fight night.

He weighs in on the IBF limit the MORNING of the fight.

What have you heard he weighs on fight night?
      Last edited by LacedUp; 02-08-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Can someone tell me legitimately what Spence does better than Brook?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Can someone tell me legitimately what Spence does better than Brook?
          i'd like to hear it too...

Comment

No you are.
            Going up two weightclasses to fight the most devastating puncher in boxing and you call that "low-risk"

That's just dumb man. Health and safety comes before money. That fight was a massive risk. With a statement like that it's like you don't understand that this is real life to these people. that the broken bones, the training, the blood, the pain - it's all real. Not just two video game characters on your TV.
            He had his face broken and was stopped in 5 rounds yet his stock went up. That's the definition of a low risk fight.

Plus it was Brook's 14th time entering the ring above 147 lb. weight limit. Let's not pretend like it was Manny Pacquiao vs. Gennady Golovkin in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              Spence hits hard enough to take out any WW...so does GGG

Spence stopped guys Pacman and Thurman couldn't stop.
              Golovkin hits hard enough to take out any MW.

U know Pacquiao has an 8 year streak of NO KO's............. a prime Pacquiao would destroyed Algieri in one round, and Thurman knocked down Bundu in early stages, hurted him, but he wasn't skilled enough to finish the job, Spence was.

Don't get me wrong I'm high on Spence but he's not yet a WW monster, maybe in a year he'll be the WW Golovkin. (A unified champion)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                Golovkin doesn't attack the body anywhere near as often and consistently as Spence does.

I'm 99.9 % sure on that.
                GGG doesn't attack the body? have you been watching boxing for the last 5 years???

One of GGG's main assets is the body attack, Macklin, Lemieux, Murray??? Hello anyone? GGG dropped those guys with body shots. Brook was almost down in the first round from a body shot.

99.9% sure u haven't watched GGG's fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  He had his face broken and was stopped in 5 rounds yet his stock went up. That's the definition of a low risk fight.

Plus it was Brook's 14th time entering the ring above 147 lb. weight limit. Let's not pretend like it was Manny Pacquiao vs. Gennady Golovkin in there.
                  It was a high-risk/high-reward fight. Any middleweight going in there with GGG is high risk, let alone a welterweight.

Yeah that's all good to say now. Before the fight everyone said he was going to get killed in one round. Instead he suffered an injury that forced his corner to stop it whilst Brook was up on the judges scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                    GGG doesn't attack the body? have you been watching boxing for the last 5 years???

One of GGG's main assets is the body attack, Macklin, Lemieux, Murray??? Hello anyone? GGG dropped those guys with body shots. Brook was almost down in the first round from a body shot.

99.9% sure u haven't watched GGG's fights.
                    He also hit Brook with some hellacious body shots.

Comment

Can someone tell me legitimately what Spence does better than Brook?
                      He's a much better body puncher and if Brook has trouble making weight then those punches will drain his gas tank even faster. Stop trying to act like Spence is a bum, you'll look very foolish if he wins. He's better equipped than any of Brooks previous defences.

Comment

Working...
                      X