Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    absolutely, I think that making 147 is killing him

he is 1 loss away from moving up

if Spence wins, I bet Brook says he can no longer make 147 and then moves up to 154

Khan is the only reason he is hanging around

Brook is not going to 154, he has been talking about his weight and 147 for about 4 years now. The economics at 154 doesn't suit him and at 147 he is one of the biggest fighters at that weight on fight night.

At 154 he would get beat down by guys weighing the same as him on fight night for little money and no recognition.

There is a reason Brook hasn't moved up even though he has been talking about his weight for years, he has brought in a dietician so he can make 147 without too much issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Brook is not going to 154, he has been talking about his weight and 147 for about 4 years now. The economics at 154 doesn't suit him and at 147 he is one of the biggest fighters at that weight on fight night.

At 154 he would get beat down by guys weighing the same as him on fight night for little money and no recognition.

There is a reason Brook hasn't moved up even though he has been talking about his weight for years, he has brought in a dietician so he can make 147 without too much issue.

let's wait and see

Comment

• It gets tiring to hear Brook and his fans whine about what a hard time he has making 147. He never whined about it fighting Jo Jo Dan, Bizer, etc.

Spence walks around in the 170's also. For once Brook won't have the size advantage. Personally I think it is a very good fight, but Spence has already won the first round due to the feet dragging of Brook and his team, which is a big indication they are not confident to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          let's wait and see
          Who is Brook beating at 154?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post

Possibly Liam Smith, 50-50 vs Vanes M. That is about it.

Comment

who is he beating at 147 ?

the question was..... can he continue to make 147 safely, and still perform at his best for 12 rounds?

I'm gonna wait and see on that note

Comment

...and you'll find the differnce between Spence and Carson Jones..

However,he won't come back from this defeat.
                That was 5 years ago... And he smashed him in a rematch But sure.
                Last edited by LacedUp; 02-08-2017, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  You're sensationalizing.
                  No you are.
                  Going up two weightclasses to fight the most devastating puncher in boxing and you call that "low-risk"

That's just dumb man. Health and safety comes before money. That fight was a massive risk. With a statement like that it's like you don't understand that this is real life to these people. that the broken bones, the training, the blood, the pain - it's all real. Not just two video game characters on your TV.

Comment

• I really don't count the ggg fight (or the canelo khan fight) in his favor because everyone in the world knew he was gonna lose and he did. He looked sharp and quick and versatile and got sparked out. Abruptly. That fight was a money grab, Brook will have a test in Spence like Spence will have a test with him. Should be a good fight however I'll believe it will happen when it's signed on the dotted line.

Comment

• "But Brook scurred of Spence doe. He ducking Spence to fight GGG."

Best thing about this fight is it might finally shut some of the f***ing idiot Brook haters up.

Comment

Working...
                      X