Comments Thread For: Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Deal is Very Close, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone said it could be a step aside deal

Comment

This has really dragged on long enough which is the whole issue, if Spence's team is cool with another week they should allow it

Comment

Spence about to liberate that belt from the UK, hope Lance Vance is being paid well for his last dance.

Comment

Am not surprised Brook and Hearn obviously weighed up there options and realised they would need to keep IBF belt for a possible pacman fight down the line or even leverage in Khan negotiations while also having the chance to fight the Thurman/Garcia winner.

The only money fight there would be at 154 is Cotto and it's unlikely Brook gets that fight while Canelo will probly be 160 for good.

People Say Spence is high risk low reward but the rewards of winning that outweighs the rewards of fighting and winning against the Charlos/Andrade/Lara at 154 who Brook would struggle with deeply.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
            Spence doesn't hit harder than Golovkin, 99.9% sure on that.
            Spence hits hard enough to take out any WW...so does GGG

Spence stopped guys Pacman and Thurman couldn't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
              Good fight, I think Brook takes a decision here, but if Spence pulls this off than I will start believing the hype around him.
              I feel the same way. I favor Brook and would expect him to win, althought Spence may be a bad stylistic match-up for him because he cuts off the ring well and is strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Naw. The IBF is strict. They only gave them a one week extension. The WBA gave a 2 week extension and never enforced it. The IBF enforces their rules.

But it's funny how 2 days ago Hearn said they hadn't responded to his offers to "we're close". The offer he sent must've been a joke or he didn't send any offers.
                This is why I said anyone that believes that Man is a mug. Within two days they are close to a deal, even doe he claimed he hasn't heard from Team Spence.

Comment

If Brook can make the weight without badly hindering himself then it is a great fight but I'm not sure that he can, it would make more sense for him to move to 154 and maybe fight Spence a little way down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                    If Brook can make the weight without badly hindering himself then it is a great fight but I'm not sure that he can, it would make more sense for him to move to 154 and maybe fight Spence a little way down the line.
                    Who Kell going to beat at 154????

He ate himself out of Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by donjigga111 View Post
                      Am not surprised Brook and Hearn obviously weighed up there options and realised they would need to keep IBF belt for a possible pacman fight down the line or even leverage in Khan negotiations while also having the chance to fight the Thurman/Garcia winner.

The only money fight there would be at 154 is Cotto and it's unlikely Brook gets that fight while Canelo will probly be 160 for good.

People Say Spence is high risk low reward but the rewards of winning that outweighs the rewards of fighting and winning against the Charlos/Andrade/Lara at 154 who Brook would struggle with deeply.

That's why I know Brook is backed into a corner, moving to 154 wouldn't help him one bit unless Cotto or Canelo fight him at that weight. Charlo, Lara etc would beat him easily and he wouldn't get the sort of pay he wants. At 154 he would be fighting guys who are bigger or same weight as him on fight night.

Right now Brook outweigh most 147 fighters on fight night, he can bully and push them around as he pleases, at 154 he wouldn't be doing that to no one unless he moved there and fought Jo Jo Dan level of competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X