Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Deal is Very Close, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bramall Lane maybe the venue according to Hearns via Sky ; New York and Vegas are in consideration -- May.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...ys-eddie-hearn

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      He's a much better body puncher and if Brook has trouble making weight then those punches will drain his gas tank even faster. Stop trying to act like Spence is a bum, you'll look very foolish if he wins. He's better equipped than any of Brooks previous defences.
      Where did I say or act like Spence is a bum?
      He's a better body puncher. Maybe. At least he's more consistent to the body. That's true - against lower level opposition. Unsure against top level.

But what does he do better?
      - Footwork? No
      - Mid-range/long range? No
      - Jab? Hell no
      - Straight punches? No
      - Headmovement? no
      - Defense? no
      - Power? Maybe. Debatable
      - Inside? Yes
      - Ring IQ? No
      - Chin? No
      - Punch variety? No.

He's a better inside fighter than Brook. But is he good enough to force an inside fight on Brook who has some of the best straight punches and jab, judge of distance in the game? I doubt that very much.

He does have weight and maybe momentum in his favour. It's a great fight. But fools talking like Brook has something to be scared of.. I mean, that's just ridiculous.

Comment

• Best video i've heard in a while. Spence fanboys are so dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Best video i've heard in a while. Spence fanboys are so dumb.
          He has some points I agree with, people saying Brook is scared were being dumb....

In the video he says Spence hasn't fought anyone to prepare him for Brook, he's kinda right but be real what elite fighter wants to voluntarily sign to fight Spence? He was never going to get an elite opponent to face him without being a mandatory challenger.

Who did Brook face to get him ready for Porter?? Carson Jones? ..... that fight was supposed to be a showcase, the reality is people said the same thing about Brook which led to bold predictions of Porter winning easily.

Look at Davis against Pedraza, who did he face to get him ready for that title shot? Exactly.... no one.

Spence has earned his shot, if he's the goods then we'll find out but this notion of him needing to have faced certain type of opponents is false. If he's special he'll prove it.

Comment

He has some points I agree with, people saying Brook is scared were being dumb....

In the video he says Spence hasn't fought anyone to prepare him for Brook, he's kinda right but be real what elite fighter wants to voluntarily sign to fight Spence? He was never going to get an elite opponent to face him without being a mandatory challenger.

Who did Brook face to get him ready for Porter?? Carson Jones? ..... that fight was supposed to be a showcase, the reality is people said the same thing about Brook which led to bold predictions of Porter winning easily.

Look at Davis against Pedraza, who did he face to get him ready for that title shot? Exactly.... no one.

Spence has earned his shot, if he's the goods then we'll find out but this notion of him needing to have faced certain type of opponents is false. If he's special he'll prove it.
            The point isn't if he's prepared or not. The point is that people are saying Brook and others are scared but based on someone who's done absolutely nothing other than beating some handpicked opponents.

Spence has had a decent road to the title for today's standards. Similar to Keith Thurman and Kell Brook. Beaten similar kinds of opponents. But there's absolutely nothing he's done that makes those two guys quake in their boots.

Think people should watch Spence against Bundu and then watch Brook vs Dan or Bizier. Similar sort of level and see who looks most impressive as a whole. Then watch the GGG fight and tell me Brook, who not only fought GGG, but took it to him in the middle of the ring, is scared to fight Spence.

Absolutely embarrassing.
            Last edited by LacedUp; 02-08-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

The point isn't if he's prepared or not. The point is that people are saying Brook and others are scared but based on someone who's done absolutely nothing other than beating some handpicked opponents.

Spence has had a decent road to the title for today's standards. Similar to Keith Thurman and Kell Brook. Beaten similar kinds of opponents. But there's absolutely nothing he's done that makes those two guys quake in their boots.

Think people should watch Spence against Bundu and then watch Brook vs Dan or Bizier. Similar sort of level and see who looks most impressive as a whole. Then watch the GGG fight and tell me Brook, who not only fought GGG, but took it to him in the middle of the ring, is scared to fight Spence.

Absolutely embarrassing.
              We agree on that, I've always said that Brook had a right to weigh up his options (doesn't make him scared of Spence, it's just boxing business) but it was pointless to try and negotiate a Khan fight while holding the IBF belt because the IBF organisation would never sanction a Khan fight. That was my gripe with him.

Comment

We agree on that, I've always said that Brook had a right to weigh up his options (doesn't make him scared of Spence, it's just boxing business) but it was pointless to try and negotiate a Khan fight while holding the IBF belt because the IBF organisation would never sanction a Khan fight. That was my gripe with him.
                But he would have dropped the belt for the Khan fight. But he didn't need to settle the IBF situation before now, so it would have been dumb to start deciding on it. As everyone can see, Brook played it out as he should. Ultimately, if Khan ducked again, he was still champ and will fight on PPV for the belt.

Also, Spence just had a baby etc. I'm sure it hasnt been an issue for him as well.

Comment

But he would have dropped the belt for the Khan fight. But he didn't need to settle the IBF situation before now, so it would have been dumb to start deciding on it. As everyone can see, Brook played it out as he should. Ultimately, if Khan ducked again, he was still champ and will fight on PPV for the belt.

Also, Spence just had a baby etc. I'm sure it hasnt been an issue for him as well.
                  Without the IBF belt there's no way Brook will get a reasonable split against Khan. We know what Khan is like, he's asking for 70-30 as a challenger.... imagine what he'll be asking for if neither guy has a belt.

Comment

Absolutely embarrassing.
                    that euro bum is really gonna have a lisp when spence is done with him

Comment

• Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                      GGG doesn't attack the body? have you been watching boxing for the last 5 years???

One of GGG's main assets is the body attack, Macklin, Lemieux, Murray??? Hello anyone? GGG dropped those guys with body shots. Brook was almost down in the first round from a body shot.

99.9% sure u haven't watched GGG's fights.
                      Selective reading at it's finest right here.

I never said GGG doesn't attack the body, I only said he doesn't do it as often and consistently as Spence does it, no one does, and that's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X