Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Deal is Very Close, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm amazed this fight is happening. I've still got some doubts.

Spectacular fight if it comes off.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      Although unproven having only beaten a old Bundu and the great Algieri hats off to Spence for wanting this at this stage unlike Khan who ran unashamedly but then he always does.
      WHAT!?!? I'm by no means a Khan fanboy but that statement is ridiculous. Khan's resume shits all over Kell's. Like another poster said earlier, If Kell didn't waste his time fighting weak competition he could get the Khan fight at 50/50. Can't even believe you would say that about Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        WHAT!?!? I'm by no means a Khan fanboy but that statement is ridiculous. Khan's resume shits all over Kell's. Like another poster said earlier, If Kell didn't waste his time fighting weak competition he could get the Khan fight at 50/50. Can't even believe you would say that about Khan
        Do you honestly believe that?

Khan clearly doesn't want Brook . He even said so himself. Obstacle after obstacle. When Brook beats Spence, he'll not only already have the best win out of him and Khan, he'll have the two best wins. Other than that will have fought Porter, GGG and Spence in the space of 2,5 years. Whereas Khan has fought to a draw vs Algieri and got splattered by Canelo in the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
          Spence doesn't hit harder than Golovkin, 99.9% sure on that.
          Golovkin doesn't attack the body anywhere near as often and consistently as Spence does.

I'm 99.9 % sure on that.

Comment

Originally posted by donjigga111 View Post
            Am not surprised Brook and Hearn obviously weighed up there options and realised they would need to keep IBF belt for a possible pacman fight down the line or even leverage in Khan negotiations while also having the chance to fight the Thurman/Garcia winner.

The only money fight there would be at 154 is Cotto and it's unlikely Brook gets that fight while Canelo will probly be 160 for good.

People Say Spence is high risk low reward but the rewards of winning that outweighs the rewards of fighting and winning against the Charlos/Andrade/Lara at 154 who Brook would struggle with deeply.

Pac/Brook will never happen, Hearn wouldn't waste his time

Pac is winding down his career, and so is Cotto

the best fight for Brook is Canelo

but the only way he could land that fight would be to beat Spence and then Khan, imho..... or maybe Spence and then one of the top JMW's

Spence really does offer very little to Brook, there is nothing in that fight for him other than the right to keep his IBF belt

FINALLY, the IBF manage to organize a decent fight

aboutfkntime

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              Pac/Brook will never happen, Hearn wouldn't waste his time

Pac is winding down his career, and so is Cotto

the best fight for Brook is Canelo

but the only way he could land that fight would be to beat Spence and then Khan, imho..... or maybe Spence and then one of the top JMW's

Spence really does offer very little to Brook, there is nothing in that fight for him other than the right to keep his IBF belt

FINALLY, the IBF manage to organize a decent fight

aboutfkntime
              That's not true

Brook vs Spence has DRAMA.
              Brook vs Khan or Cotto does not

Brook vs Spence be huge in the UK because of Spence's pedagree and 0.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Do you honestly believe that?

Khan clearly doesn't want Brook . He even said so himself. Obstacle after obstacle. When Brook beats Spence, he'll not only already have the best win out of him and Khan, he'll have the two best wins. Other than that will have fought Porter, GGG and Spence in the space of 2,5 years. Whereas Khan has fought to a draw vs Algieri and got splattered by Canelo in the same time.
                Khan fought Paulie, Maidana, Peterson, Garcia, and Judah in a span of two years. Khan has never run from tough challenges. Kell....Chaves, Alexander, Rios, Vargas, Bradley.....Just can't seem to make a big fight happen

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Which pasting do you most prefer on his 'fantastic' resume I particularly like the 54 second annihilation in his debut PPV ...that went down a treat in the boozer.I bet you yours is his last fight where he was knocked cold at a weight he said he'd never felt better.Or...or is it the one where he was knocked from pillar to post and down three times all over the place .....remember when he schooled Garcia .The same Garcia according to Khan who is running from him .I suppose the best part is when he ran Floyd Mayweather out of town...lol....the idiot is undefendable inside and outside the ring .....get out of here!

ps. Don't forget when the man in the hat beat him!!!!

Comment

This is one of the best fights in boxing right now. Can't wait for it but, I notice lots of you writing brook off. He'll be fit, strong and massive at the weight. Spence is really talented but this is easily the toughest night of his career so far. IF he comes through, the hype is justified. Brook by late stoppage in an excellent fight.

Comment

This is good news, but the way things have been going I'll have to see them in the ring before I get amped about the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X