Jack Dempsey vs Today's Heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
    Common sense?

Common sense is looking at two guys and looking at how they would match up stylistically.

Dempsey would lose to some HW's of today, but he would also beat some of them too.

If you don't realise that, then it's pointless taking things any further. It's just a waste of my time.
    You cant take anything further you dont have the marbles too do that .

You stated Wilder is garbage however at 6'7 and 5 oz gloves on (the same size he wore against FIRPO who knocked him out of the ring and down before that ) he would be Dempeys most dangerous opponent with much more power and speed than back in those days for anyone hovering over 6'5 . Firpo was a 6'2 215 average talent though better skilled than any SHW THEN....see you just dont get it .

Dempey would be lucky to hit a top 50 spot today and if you cant see that than its a waste of my time which pretty much sums up this entire thread .

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin'
      N*gga I watched the tape.
      Can you show me the tapes?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Can you show me the tapes?
        Go on youtube and look up Jess Willard. Do I have to show you how to use the internet?

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Please somebody boot this ****** from this section and keep him in the history one where he belongs ....
          Bro I'm sorry yo breath smell like azz

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            You cant take anything further you dont have the marbles too do that .

You stated Wilder is garbage however at 6'7 and 5 oz gloves on (the same size he wore against FIRPO who knocked him out of the ring and down before that ) he would be Dempeys most dangerous opponent with much more power and speed than back in those days for anyone hovering over 6'5 . Firpo was a 6'2 215 average talent though better skilled than any SHW THEN....see you just dont get it .

Dempey would be lucky to hit a top 50 spot today and if you cant see that than its a waste of my time which pretty much sums up this entire thread .
            Who's the better fighter, Jack Dempsey or Harold Sconiers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
              Go on youtube and look up Jess Willard. Do I have to show you how to use the internet?
              I was hoping you can show me a specific video where the hand speed was on display, but I guess you mean he always has fast hand speed and any video will do? Okay then.

Are you talking about this big for nothing pile of defenseless crap?

That's who Jack Dempsey beat that has you thinking he would do the same to Wilder, Wlad, Joshua, Fury? Really?

Jess Willard fights like a very poor man's Wlad. Willard would've been one of those guys like those guys like Gavern in today's HW era.

Look at him here KO'ing but struggling with a 6' Jack Johnson while having a 6' height advantage and a 10' reach advantage in a 45 round fight where he finally KO'ed him in the 26th round. So Johnson went two modern fights + 2 rounds with Willard before losing.

These guys are all too stiff for today's modern HW's, you dudes are on something or pretending like you know more than everyone else, you want to look like legit boxing historians or something. Face it, these dudes would get flattened by Joshua, Wlad or Wilder. I don't even have to get the top 5 HW's, all I have to get is Luis Ortiz, Tony Bellew, Alexander Povetkin and your stiffs would be toast.
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I was hoping you can show me a specific video where the hand speed was on display, but I guess you mean he always has fast hand speed and any video will do? Okay then.

Are you talking about this big for nothing pile of defenseless crap?

That's who Jack Dempsey beat that has you thinking he would do the same to Wilder, Wlad, Joshua, Fury? Really?

Jess Willard fights like a very poor man's Wlad. Willard would've been one of those guys like those guys like Gavern in today's HW era.

Look at him here KO'ing but struggling with a 6' Jack Johnson while having a 6' height advantage and a 10' reach advantage in a 45 round fight where he finally KO'ed him in the 26th round. So Johnson went two modern fights + 2 rounds with Willard before losing.

These guys are all too stiff for today's modern HW's, you dudes are on something or pretending like you know more than everyone else, you want to look like legit boxing historians or something. Face it, these dudes would get flattened by Joshua, Wlad or Wilder. I don't even have to get the top 5 HW's, all I have to get is Luis Ortiz, Tony Bellew, Alexander Povetkin and your stiffs would be toast.
                Wlad and Joshua are better but the rest you named (aside from Povetkin) are pure garbage. Lmfao the guys you would go "get" are pure garbage after 5 rds. They look like an old lady after she walked up a flight of stairs!

Willard had fast hands, everyone of the time even corroborated to that so there is no point in you arguing. Modern day heavies have the luxury of top of the line cameras and expert operators. Back then they had a ****ty 24mm HAND CRANKED camera with some bum who, wasn't doing anything at the time, operating it. Guess what? Your "boys" still look like garbage!!! "peeleft:

It's easy to dismiss fighters when they don't have quality film. Try reading some of the ringside reports to get a better picture of fighters from that time period.

Dempsey would take out every heavyweight today in the same night. The big guys ALWAYS went down the easiest for Dempsey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Steele View Post
                  Dempsey would eat Wilder for breakfast.
                  His sparring partners were better than Wilder.

Marciano would f.uck him up even worse.
                  Beontay Wilder, Cassius Clay, Lummox Lewis etc would all be easy work For the Rock.
                  Lol you're touched in the head

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    No, it's not the truth.

You are just embarrassing yourself.

Joe Louis wouldn't have cracked the top 5 today?

My god, Deontay Wilder is an uncoordinated HW who is universally recognised as being in the top 2. He won his belt against a B class out of shape HW in Stiverne, who himself won a vacant belt against Chris Arreola. Since then, Wilder has looked limited, and has even struggled at times, against B and C class guys. He throws wild punches and is off balance. He constantly has to rely on his great power to save the day, because he lacks skills.

I can only hope for your own sake that you are just trolling us all for a joke.
                    I'm not going to say any more about this after this comment.

It's clear you're set in your opinion and I think you're ignorant so not much else to say. Wilder would literally KILL anyone from those times in the ring, incl. Willard and Dempsey. With Dempsey's defense and Wilders power and size it literally would not be competitive for a second. You think he's uncoordinated but look at his reflexes and how he's never been knocked down. You need to think again. That's one bad dude and you are badly under ranking him.

I noticed how you haven't said a word about Joshua and Klitschko

You know what's up. This is simply a new era of athletes and they're far, far superior to 100 years ago.

The end.
                    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                      Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument Strawman argument
                      Immature × infinity

How bout that mr. Rain man

Comment

Working...
                      X