Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Immature × infinity

How bout that mr. Rain man
    My posts are superior to yours based on the fact that I can stick to the thread topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Immature × infinity

How bout that mr. Rain man
      Aside from Joe Louis not being 250 lbs and not gassing by the 5th rd, why do you think he wouldn't make it in the top 5 today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
        Aside from Joe Louis not being 250 lbs and not gassing by the 5th rd, why do you think he wouldn't make it in the top 5 today?
        Man,these sofa-surfing video gamers don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          Man,these sofa-surfing video gamers don't know **** about boxing.
          It's hilarious how they fulfill stereotypes lmao

Comment

Inside fighting is ugly as hell to watch for a fan when it comes to scoring and seeing what is actually being done. You have to slow down the footage (not just for Dempsey fights but any inside fighter) and study every move, defense and offense. You will learn a ton from that.

How is Dempsey crude? What has he done that shows he is crude?

I invite you to watch the Brennan fight on .25 speed, study Dempsey's movements. You will see that his defense was really good, just as good as his offense.
            Good fight to be honest he was very advanced for his time. His book featuring techniques etc is testament to that.

I feel it's important to distinguish between this era & Dempseys. This sport has come a long way evidenced by amateur systems, rule changes, technology & the like.

I don't want to demean Dempsey when I say crude. However if you transported him from footage available & matched him vs the best Super HW's he'd get beat 9/10 times. Best thing about this is you could disagree because it's hypothetical.

Comment

• Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
              Good fight to be honest he was very advanced for his time. His book featuring techniques etc is testament to that.

I feel it's important to distinguish between this era & Dempseys. This sport has come a long way evidenced by amateur systems, rule changes, technology & the like.

I don't want to demean Dempsey when I say crude. However if you transported him from footage available & matched him vs the best Super HW's he'd get beat 9/10 times. Best thing about this is you could disagree because it's hypothetical.
              But why do you think this? What specific techniques do present fighters do that Dempsey doesn't that make him so crude?

Comment

But why do you think this? What specific techniques do present fighters do that Dempsey doesn't that make him so crude?
                Please embed a fight of his on here for the people to decide if he was crude compared to todays Boxers.

Dempsey would walk directly on to a right/left straight as he gets square on how many times??. At the top level in this day & age you'll get punished in any weight class unless you could transition seamlessly between stances like Terence Crawford.

Another reason why I think this is the case is simply down to evolution. Techniques get refined over time especially in sport. We're human we get smarter as time goes on. It's not some magical concept as to why I consider Dempsey crude. Countries such as the USA, Russia(Soviet) & UK have been breeding (see Olympic squad average age) for well over half a century. If you've ever worked in a company with a research & development department you'd get where I'm coming from.

We have the IPhone 7 because we had the IPhone 6. We had the IPhone 6 because we had the IPhone 5. Do you understand this analogy?. It's as layman as I'm going to get.

Dempsey would be considered crude because his techniques have been improved & refined over TIME.
                Last edited by REMOVE SHARK 55; 06-29-2017, 10:19 PM.
                moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Please embed a fight of his on here for the people to decide if he was crude compared to todays Boxers.

Dempsey would walk directly on to a right/left straight as he gets square on how many times??. At the top level in this day & age you'll get punished in any weight class unless you could transition seamlessly between stances like Terence Crawford.

Another reason why I think this is the case is simply down to evolution. Techniques get refined over time especially in sport. We're human we get smarter as time goes on. It's not some magical concept as to why I consider Dempsey crude. Countries such as the USA, Russia(Soviet) & UK have been breeding (see Olympic squad average age) for well over half a century. If you've ever worked in a company with a research & development department you'd get what I'm coming from.

We have the IPhone 7 because we had the IPhone 6. We had the IPhone 6 because we had the IPhone 5. Do you understand this analogy?. It's as layman as I'm going to get.

Dempsey would be considered crude because his techniques have been improved & refined over TIME.
                  So based off your logic like, Crawford beats Pacquiao, Floyd, Oscar, Duran, and Wilfred at 140?

Comment

Another reason why I think this is the case is simply down to evolution. Techniques get refined over time especially in sport. We're human we get smarter as time goes on. It's not some magical concept as to why I consider Dempsey crude. Countries such as the USA, Russia(Soviet) & UK have been breeding (see Olympic squad average age) for well over half a century. If you've ever worked in a company with a research & development department you'd get where I'm coming from.

Ive literally seen some toughman competitors..those 3 rnd 1 minute each...fighters look like Demspsey these new age idiots never really fought actually ..go to a gym spar here and there and watch old footage....they have no clue bc they actually probably look crude too?

This isnt a knock on them everyone has to learn but no one in actual top level boxing fights like Demspey in terms of skills (maybe style)...if they did they would be mocked, i said i wouldnt entertain this thread but im bored......only nostalgists THINK he was this god...please....for christ sakes...LMAO...and again LMAO
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-29-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                      So based off your logic like, Crawford beats Pacquiao, Floyd, Oscar, Duran, and Wilfred at 140?
                      Crawford, Pacqiuao & Floyd would beat any one from their weight class in Dempseys era. Does that put what I'm saying into perspective?.
                      moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X