Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Promoter: We're Still Waiting on Ward Rematch Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward knows he got a gift .

Ward felt the punches and is still healing from their power.

And Ward is taking a page from cornflakeweather on retirement:

If there is threat retire immediately and when the threat is gone come out of hiding and claim the top spot.

Comment

Kovalev better start looking for another fight. Don't wanna end up like Errol Spence Jr waiting around on another fighter to make their decision

Comment

Gotta admit I love watching Ward make Kov and his fans sweat. I sincerely hope he honors the rematch clause before he fights someone else but my guess is he will try to get an optional defense in before.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          kovalev offered stevenson 50-50 after pulling out of the purse bid. the purse bid was for 50-50. how is that ducking? please answer with something that makes sense instead of making up hypotheticals like "but they could have made more money if haymon had won" since you know kovalev couldn't take the fight if haymon won. also why did kovlev offer the same 50-50 split to stevenson if he was ducking? also another question why was stevenson willing to accept 50-50 before but not now?
          The issue were the networks , someone had to "give" you are asking Stevenson to screw SHO so that Kovalev have HBO happy , if HBO wants the fight they could put more money then Haymon , if they can't then its a SHO that will air it , its not about the split and never was.
          If HBO don't want Kovalev to fight out of their network and Duva can't convince them to put the money then what camp are you blaming ?
          I thought Stevenson ducked Kovalev for a long time until that purse bid , for me that ended that debate , its on Kovalev team.

Comment

Ward will stall the supposed rematch forever and then "retire", even if its just for a year to get out of his contract, hopefully he retires for good though.

Ward will waste Kovalevs and ours time in the upcoming months, the rematch will not happen, now that even Floyd said there is no way Ward won that fight and Max Kellerman admitted he had Kovalev winning the fight, he aint fighting Kovalev again.

I would really appreciate if Ward is honest and says hey, i got lucky in that fight, i have made good money in boxing, but thats it for me, i retire. He is not a genuine person though and will waste everybodys time and still not fight Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
              Ward should just walk away from the talks like the russian coward kkkovalev walked away from the stevenson purse bid like a coward.... If a russian can duck in broad day light and get love from american media and fans im assuming they will do the same for ward........
              You're dumb as rocks the WBC made the purse bid, kov was resigned to hbo and Stevenson fled to showtime to begin with, network deals dumbass.

Way to justify ward being a coward you clown.

Comment

I don't buy into that either Ward or Kovalev is afraid of the other. They both saw what the other had in the ring already. Despite what others say, I really don't see how one can argue that Kovalev ducked Stevenson. Ward has a history of being somewhat difficult in negotiations leading up to fights and I would imagine he would be even more so since he won the fight and has some leverage in dictating the terms of the rematch.

Comment

People are so easy to influence and control...we lose reading comprehension every generation it seems...I guarantee you a farm boy from Kentucky in the 1800's would be able to read the first sentence or two of this article and understand it, where most people on this thread, because of their predrawn conclusion, because of their bias....simply cannot comprehend the sentence.

This same failure of logic is what made a generation that was willing to protest the Vietnam war, support a neocon, a crook, a serial pedofile and a traitor to the United States of America....their excuse? Trump is bad! Its that bad people! If it was not for people that are true patriots with power, Hillary Clinton, supporter of Saudi fascists, supporter of selling uranium to Russia, would have not only stolen the democratic nomination, but the whole enchelada!

Now, lets look at that first paragraph of the article shall we? Does it mention Ward? No. It mentions Roc Nation because...Roc Nation is responsible for promoting, agreeing, and making plans for the rematch first. Ward has nothing to do with these negotiations until Roc nation responds.

Roc Nation has to make a profit. We don't know what Roc nation and Jay Z are up to. Are they willing to take a loss on this next fight for future gains? Are they able to draw enough people to justify the expense of the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    Kovalev doesn't want a rematch. That's why Duva is trying her best to piss Ward off because she and Kov think the more they are hostile and make negative remarks the less Ward will not give them a rematch out of spite, hence Kov's salty tweets and unreasonably demanding a response so soon after the fight. It's why Mayweather never gave Khan a fight after Khan was being an irritating ****. Underhanded tactics from Kov, he knows he'll get schooled again...his liver is probably permanently damaged and he's looking for easy fights.
                    Idiot #1..............

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                      Ward should just walk away from the talks like the russian coward kkkovalev walked away from the stevenson purse bid like a coward.... If a russian can duck in broad day light and get love from american media and fans im assuming they will do the same for ward........
                      Idiot #2

And that's saying a lot because you're always idiot #1

Comment

Working...
                      X