Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Promoter: We're Still Waiting on Ward Rematch Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    HBO never came out and said they would let that happen on showtime ppv stop pouting lies yourself, you can't breach your network contract deal.
    hbo said we didnt not block a purse bid..just like with loma-russell..and kathy refused to take a joint showtime/hbo ppv offer to them for the bst fight in boxing at the time..

it was kov's biggest purse he would have ever gotten as well as stevenson's...canada would have hosted with likely 20k in attendance,..it would have been for all 6 belts if hbo says no to that it just shows you how uncommitted they are to the sport...U REALLY THINK WHAT THEY WANT TO GIVE ACROSS TO THE FANS??

KATHY JUST DIDNT ASK! they put the blame on hbo..hbo saved face and said we're not blocking any fights.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
      hbo said we didnt not block a purse bid..just like with loma-russell..and kathy refused to take a joint showtime/hbo ppv offer to them for the bst fight in boxing at the time..

it was kov's biggest purse he would have ever gotten as well as stevenson's...canada would have hosted with likely 20k in attendance,..it would have been for all 6 belts if hbo says no to that it just shows you how uncommitted they are to the sport...U REALLY THINK WHAT THEY WANT TO GIVE ACROSS TO THE FANS??

KATHY JUST DIDNT ASK! they put the blame on hbo..hbo saved face and said we're not blocking any fights.
      HBO didn't have to block it, it was on duva, had she not there would of been lawsuits and the fight still wouldn't of happened. It was a good ploy on behalf of haymon to hide the fact Stevenson fled hbo right before he was supposed to fight kov as a mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Gotta admit I love watching Ward make Kov and his fans sweat. I sincerely hope he honors the rematch clause before he fights someone else but my guess is he will try to get an optional defense in before.
        I could definitely see that scenario...i'd laugh if he lost it.

Comment

the fights been on the table for the last couple years and stevenson still hasn't taken it yet you are still defending him. makes no sense. he just didn't want to fight. he used the purse bid as a way to escape. you act like they were in negotiations or something and duva double crossed them. the whole reason they had the purse bid was to force stevenson because he wouldn't fight. once they took away that force stevenson still refused to fight just like before. its not on kovalev to do everything to make a fight. it takes 2. yes he could have done more, but he did ten times more than stevenson to try and make the fight. stevenson just sat there staring at a legit offer for years without fighting. kovalev has his own career to worry about. he cant center it on trying to fight stevenson and only stevenson. yes stevenson escaped and as a fan i am sad but i understand why kovalev did what he did. i dont understand why stevenson never took teh fight over the last 4 years. theres no logical reason.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            HBO didn't have to block it, it was on duva, had she not there would of been lawsuits and the fight still wouldn't of happened. It was a good ploy on behalf of haymon to hide the fact Stevenson fled hbo right before he was supposed to fight kov as a mandatory.
            stevenson didnt flee anywhere...showtime's 3 fight deal included fighting bhop for his 2 titles and 300k more than hbo was offering

hbo's 3 fight deal wwas 300k less and fighting an unknown kov who only offered 1 belt...

btw stevenon did everything to stay on hbo...haymon was going to put up 100k, michel put up 100k and , hbo was to put up 100k to keep him there...hbo refused...

once again their commitment to u and boxing is a joke..if htey let ggg get away from them for 100k i wonder if ppl would be calling him a duck lol

and like i told hbo had articles on boxing scene saying they will not block any fights or purse bids...they are just hard to find on google bc so much has written about and it's been 3 damn years.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              the only thing signing the hbo deal was give stevenson a way out, it didnt kill it and stevenson took the way out but you aren't blaming him at all. it was the same split. why not take it? becuse he's mad? yeah what a great business man. lets emotions get in the way of his biggest payday. thats the person you are defending hmmm ok
              bc u took money out of showtime/haymons mouth bc they were about to offer up an rumored 8-10 million to win...while kathy was lying saying "we have big time russian backers"....THEN SHE PULLED OUT...u dont think that fray's business beyond what the fighter wants???

showtime goes from knowing they will have the fight and large money...and a show to the fans that they are going to put on the best fight to like wtf did she just say???

she basically told showtime that hbo is you big brother even when they cant outpay you...DEAL WITH IT...U SEE THAT DIDNT WORK..u cant be one sided she took money out of their mouth

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                the fights been on the table for the last couple years and stevenson still hasn't taken it yet you are still defending him. makes no sense. he just didn't want to fight. he used the purse bid as a way to escape. you act like they were in negotiations or something and duva double crossed them. the whole reason they had the purse bid was to force stevenson because he wouldn't fight. once they took away that force stevenson still refused to fight just like before. its not on kovalev to do everything to make a fight. it takes 2. yes he could have done more, but he did ten times more than stevenson to try and make the fight. stevenson just sat there staring at a legit offer for years without fighting. kovalev has his own career to worry about. he cant center it on trying to fight stevenson and only stevenson. yes stevenson escaped and as a fan i am sad but i understand why kovalev did what he did. i dont understand why stevenson never took teh fight over the last 4 years. theres no logical reason.
                Daggum Kov didn't take the fight the last 2 years. Its ok not to like Stevenson and be a Kov fan but have some integrity. Kov asked to be the mando, got it, then walked away when Duva/HBO realized they were going to lose the purse bid and Stevenson's promoter/haymon would get to choose the venue and network for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  I could definitely see that scenario...i'd laugh if he lost it.
                  Yup. He would be getting what he deserved for not honoring the rematch clause.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    stevenson didnt flee anywhere...showtime's 3 fight deal included fighting bhop for his 2 titles and 300k more than hbo was offering

hbo's 3 fight deal wwas 300k less and fighting an unknown kov who only offered 1 belt...

btw stevenon did everything to stay on hbo...haymon was going to put up 100k, michel put up 100k and , hbo was to put up 100k to keep him there...hbo refused...

once again their commitment to u and boxing is a joke..if htey let ggg get away from them for 100k i wonder if ppl would be calling him a duck lol

and like i told hbo had articles on boxing scene saying they will not block any fights or purse bids...they are just hard to find on google bc so much has written about and it's been 3 damn years.
                    Yeah and what happened to that Hopkins fight? Go do some reading before you answer.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Yeah and what happened to that Hopkins fight? Go do some reading before you answer.....
                      BHOP, GOLDEN GIRL, AND CANELO FLED TO HBO FOR A CANELO SAFE HAVEN...haymons 154 guys gave him too much of a threat..

cotto was on hbo that was the biggest fight and pretty low risk seeing that cotto would give him a rematch and that cotto is pretty easy work for haymons 154 guys...

bhop took less money to fight kov..stevenson fight was meant to be on show ppv and canadian ppv in front of 15k in canada..and it had more belts at on the line... ring, lineal, and wbc

bhop told a lie about the ibf giving him deadline and haymon holding out...they couldnt hold out bc the 3 fight deal they signed already had the opponents laid out..fonfara, bhop, and he choice of rematch between either..the deal had to be restructured after bhop jumped ship and left adonis with no top opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X