Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: It's Better To Lose Than Win The Way Andre Ward Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    Suddenly Ward fans think judges are all perfect and **** never goes wrong. But when they defended Ward refuses to fight away from home, it was judges would screw him, blah, blah, blah.

Ward himself knew before this fight he needed home court not to get docked for being a dirty shiiit bag of a fighter.

He fought like a guy holding on for dear life. He at one point tried to grab Kov's leg and flip him over.

Yea, fought like a champ though. Oh, maybe you meant chump!

On the American biased cards maybe, but let's stop pretending judges get it right even 75% of the time. These judges bent over backwards to give Ward rounds that clearly didn't belong to him. Round 10 and 12 were clear as day.

Rouge 1-4 too. The others I could see maybe giving some to Ward, but you have to be pretty biased to give all of them.

That the judges found 7 rounds to give him was absurd, and anyone without an agenda can see it. I even wanted Ward to win, thought he would to.

Son of Gift, well that's gonna stick.
    I'm sorry, how many headlocks were counted again during the fight?

You're ALMOST the biggest pussE whiner on here.

Comment

So is Kovalev saying it's better to just take the balls over the shaft (like Lou Cipher)?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Kovalev knows the deal.If Ward retires he will known to be the Son of Gift where all of his achievements will be for naught because it is overshadowed by the gift he got.
        Son Of Gift has got to be the best, most accurate for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          so in this article he admits that he underestimated Ward and that it led to unnatural fatigue...and that he won't make the second mistake twice...

so basically it was another Chilemba fight but instead he got schooled and the crybabies justify Kova's bunk performance because of a knockdown...
          LOL! Yeah right. Or, Son Of Grapple got a gift decision... which is what most fans saw it as.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Kov you made me a bigger fan after that fight! You shook Wards hand even though you felt you won, you hugged after the last bell rang and even gave him credit for coming on late!

Ward has done the opposite of what i expected him! I thought he would say he'd gave me the fight of my life, and i thank Kovalev for allowing me to show the world what I do when I'm troubled!

Instead he barely gave Kovalev credit, discredited his work, short changed him, and didn't acknowledge that no judges gave Kov a real fair shake!

I've watched the fight 10x now and yeah, SOG has to rematch him! His legacy is on the line and to hear and read fans say Ward whooped him, Ward outboxed him, Ward schooled him or Ward has nothing left to prove is just utter chafe!

It was a close fight that Kov controlled most rounds in, both guys did their best to insert their will on the other but Kovalev landed more and did more effective damage!

Round 10 was a big time robbery on the judges scorecards. No way anyone with common sense and some adequate boxing knowledge would score that for Ward! Kov hurt him with 2 jabs and made him look silly when SOG tried to duck low to get inside and Kov countered with short hooks!

Big fan of both but we should get the rematch and Ward knows this!
            Yep. Ward doing his best 'Tim Bradley after Pac 1 fight' impression.

Comment

"Un-natural fatigue!" "I overrated my opponent!" Kov is losing cool points at light speed! The decision was bad, the excuses are worst!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Kov you made me a bigger fan after that fight! You shook Wards hand even though you felt you won, you hugged after the last bell rang and even gave him credit for coming on late!

Ward has done the opposite of what i expected him! I thought he would say he'd gave me the fight of my life, and i thank Kovalev for allowing me to show the world what I do when I'm troubled!

Instead he barely gave Kovalev credit, discredited his work, short changed him, and didn't acknowledge that no judges gave Kov a real fair shake!

I've watched the fight 10x now and yeah, SOG has to rematch him! His legacy is on the line and to hear and read fans say Ward whooped him, Ward outboxed him, Ward schooled him or Ward has nothing left to prove is just utter chafe!

It was a close fight that Kov controlled most rounds in, both guys did their best to insert their will on the other but Kovalev landed more and did more effective damage!

Round 10 was a big time robbery on the judges scorecards. No way anyone with common sense and some adequate boxing knowledge would score that for Ward! Kov hurt him with 2 jabs and made him look silly when SOG tried to duck low to get inside and Kov countered with short hooks!

Big fan of both but we should get the rematch and Ward knows this!
                You've been a kovalev jockrider from the beginning....don't front.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  LOL! Yeah right. Or, Son Of Grapple got a gift decision... which is what most fans saw it as.
                  You gotta' jock kovalev and other foreigners because your own raza can't represent.

Comment

I disagree with the statement that it's better to lose than win the way Ward did... If Kov did leave it in the gym, then that's bad on him and his team. However, I think those body shots had more to do with him fading later in the fight than over-training. We'll see in the rematch though. Ward has been saying that Kov's fitness wasn't on his level from the get go. Kov lacking the juice later in the fight wasn't that much of a shocker. I think this is more fight hype and trash talk. I usually don't care for that, but I think both Kov and Ward do it in a good, subtle way that get under the skin just enough to draw me in. LOL. Also, they both have earned the right to talk trash. Most of the boxers nowadays have had limited success in the ring and run off at the mouth like they're chasing GOAT status. I can dig what both camps are doing. I'm buying the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                      I disagree with the statement that it's better to lose than win the way Ward did... If Kov did leave it in the gym, then that's bad on him and his team. However, I think those body shots had more to do with him fading later in the fight than over-training. We'll see in the rematch though. Ward has been saying that Kov's fitness wasn't on his level from the get go. Kov lacking the juice later in the fight wasn't that much of a shocker. I think this is more fight hype and trash talk. I usually don't care for that, but I think both Kov and Ward do it in a good, subtle way that get under the skin just enough to draw me in. LOL. Also, they both have earned the right to talk trash. Most of the boxers nowadays have had limited success in the ring and run off at the mouth like they're chasing GOAT status. I can dig what both camps are doing. I'm buying the rematch.
                      I think you're onto something there.

Comment

Working...
                      X