Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: It's Better To Lose Than Win The Way Andre Ward Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev: It's Better To Lose Than Win The Way Andre Ward Did

Sergey Kovalev (30-1, 26 KOs) is very motivated to get his career back in order in 2017. In November, Kovalev suffered his first career defeat when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to Andre Ward at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. All three judges scored the fight 114-113 for Ward. In the process Kovalev lost his IBF, WBA, WBO light heavyweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Sergey Kovalev (30-1, 26 KOs) is very motivated to get his career back in order in 2017. In November, Kovalev suffered his first career defeat when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to Andre Ward at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. All three judges scored the fight 114-113 for Ward. In the process Kovalev lost his IBF, WBA, WBO light heavyweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Kovalev knows the deal.If Ward retires he will known to be the Son of Gift where all of his achievements will be for naught because it is overshadowed by the gift he got.

Comment

Kovalev's not the only one to overrate Ward. I think pretty much the entire boxing world did after that fraudulent Super 6 "tournament." Ward is a one-dimensional grappler.

Comment

I'm a huge Kovalev fan,but it's time to move on. He's starting to sound very similar to el piss mouth from down there in Mexico.

Comment

so in this article he admits that he underestimated Ward and that it led to unnatural fatigue...and that he won't make the second mistake twice...

so basically it was another Chilemba fight but instead he got schooled and the crybabies justify Kova's bunk performance because of a knockdown...

Comment

he sounds like a sore loser , man. I like the way he fight but not the way he handle his lost.

Comment

Kov you made me a bigger fan after that fight! You shook Wards hand even though you felt you won, you hugged after the last bell rang and even gave him credit for coming on late!

Ward has done the opposite of what i expected him! I thought he would say he'd gave me the fight of my life, and i thank Kovalev for allowing me to show the world what I do when I'm troubled!

Instead he barely gave Kovalev credit, discredited his work, short changed him, and didn't acknowledge that no judges gave Kov a real fair shake!

I've watched the fight 10x now and yeah, SOG has to rematch him! His legacy is on the line and to hear and read fans say Ward whooped him, Ward outboxed him, Ward schooled him or Ward has nothing left to prove is just utter chafe!

It was a close fight that Kov controlled most rounds in, both guys did their best to insert their will on the other but Kovalev landed more and did more effective damage!

Round 10 was a big time robbery on the judges scorecards. No way anyone with common sense and some adequate boxing knowledge would score that for Ward! Kov hurt him with 2 jabs and made him look silly when SOG tried to duck low to get inside and Kov countered with short hooks!

Big fan of both but we should get the rematch and Ward knows this!

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                  I'm a huge Kovalev fan,but it's time to move on. He's starting to sound very similar to el piss mouth from down there in Mexico.
                  But why wouldn't he discuss this result whichhe plainly sees as a robbery. Especially since the next fight should be against the same opponent. That, and it's not like he's looking to get people to hear him talk about Ward. People ask him and report it!
                  Last edited by 1nonlymre; 01-03-2017, 01:00 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=SugarKaineHook;17324689]so in this article he admits that he underestimated Ward and that it led to unnatural fatigue...and that he won't make the second mistake twice...

so basically it was another Chilemba fight but instead he got schooled and the crybabies justify Kova's bunk performance because of a knockdown...[/
                    QUOTE]
                    ACTUALLY, he says that he overrated Ward. This is said in hindsight. He realizes he overtrained for Ward after the fact. If anything his training regimen showed too much respect for Ward and he paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X