Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruce Lee vs PBF aka "Money" Mayweather: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the rules? Is Bruce allowed to kick, round house and back hammer strike May. If the answer is yes, then Lee wins easily; Hands down.

However, if we are just talking about the Marquess of Queens berry Rules of boxing, then Floyd wins hands that one without question.

The reason being is because no boxer stands a chance against any true Martial artist in any type of fight even without Martial arts rules.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      What are the rules? Is Bruce allowed to kick, round house and back hammer strike May. If the answer is yes, then Lee wins easily; Hands down.

However, if we are just talking about the Marquess of Queens berry Rules of boxing, then Floyd wins hands that one without question.

The reason being is because no boxer stands a chance against any true Martial artist in any type of fight even without Martial arts rules.
      Any rules you want. Find me a scenario where Lee bodies Mayweather. Just one.

Comment

Labor day bump, for our new mma fans who don't know about Mayweda.

Comment

WAR Floyd!!!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Tenshin would fancy beating Floyd let alone bruce

Comment

Apollo would beat the **** out of Wukong. Simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Lets all take the opinion of someone that thinks being slick is having greasy hair.

Tried so hard not too laugh and now I can't stop

Comment

The MMA community has tried to hijack Lee's legacy but Lee taught streetfighting. That's what Jeet Kune Do is. Groin kicks, eye gouges, voice box strikes. Read the f'ing book people. No rules at all. Just hurt the other guy as badly and as quickly as possible. THAT is why Bruce would have f'ed up almost anyone in the street but did he have good punch resistance? Could he take a sustained body attack? We'll never know. This is a non exploration.

Comment

Prime Steven Seagal would beat them both at the same time.

Comment

Well in a boxing match forget it. Most martial arts strikes dont even work with boxing gloves.

Mayweather's problem is that he would not know how to deal with kicks: Now before people go all wu wu about this lets take real data to work with.

Bill Superfoot Wallace had a round kick that was devistating, that is a circular roundhouse blow but delivered with the front leg. heres the thing: You had some pretty fair kickboxers around, including guys who had been full contact karate champs, second teir boxers like Therault, etc...Nobody ever beat Wallace in the ring. they could not get past his kick.

If you ever fought a boxer (I have) you also know that when you set up like you are going to box, it is really easy to catch them in the groin with a front snap kick. Actually, when they come in you can always use the legs to control distance and catch them.

My point is that Mayweather would have to crib a response to the kicks. Bruce had great power for his size for sure and was very fast with the kicks. It would be a problem for Money May.

If he tries to fight off the back foot Lee can attack his front leg and knee, if he tries to bounce and move, Lee had very quick feet. I don't frankly see a reason why Lee lets a known boxer get into punching range.

See heres the thing: again, no gloves... Lee sets up a backfist right? when Mayweather reacts to that strike, by just moving back, to the side, or even slipping it, all Lee has to do is follow up with a kick. lee threw his side kick like a lot of fighters for the time did (not saying Lee was a fighter), He did not telegraph the blow.

Finally: Lee had some tools that were deadly. Its not just eye gouging, but Lee could set that strike up so if he threw a lead, and you moved just back in a straight path, he would extend the fingers and make it a finger jab. I think May could avoid some of that, but if he misjudges range just once, he loses his eyesight for a bit.

Of course May could catch him with a great accurate punch. If I were Lee though I would never give him a chance.

Philosophically people are correct that Lee was not a fighter. It was not his style to fight in a match that did not further his own understanding. People in this generation have forgotten what martial arts are about with respect to fighting. You don't prolong a fight, or get into a contest of speed, strength or will. You end it as soon as possible. That is what Lee and others were practicing to do. If you watch Lee he had a speed of movement that was crazy. Many people who trained with him say his size was immaterial because of the force he generated.

Not saying I agree with all these sentiments but I would really wonder how Mayweather, with no experience, could deal with a kick.
                      Last edited by billeau2; 01-29-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X