Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PBC had belts would you respect / acknowlege them over the Alpphabet titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    what difference would that make? First off, promoters already pay a sanctioning fee, as well as fees for the inspector and supervisor, plus their travel, hotel, and meals. If the promoter also had to pay the fighters sanction fee also they would simply factor that in when negotiating the fighter purse, so in the end the fighter would still be paying it, just not directly.
    id like for 90% of a guys pay to go into his pocket. which ever way that can be feasible, thats the way the sport should go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
      orgs cant do shlt the fighters/promoters dont want them to do. as long as the fees are paid......
      hahahaha wtf are you talking about? the orgs do things the fighters/promoters don't want them to do all the time . . .

from what i can tell, orgs dont want champs to be taking their time defending those titles. ive seen orgs giving champs a lot of leeway. again, they want that fee.
      what does any of that have to do with there being 1 champion?

i hate the fee part. if we can get rid of that or have that come out of the promoters fee......
      the promoter already has to pay a sanctioning fee . . .

Comment

id like for 90% of a guys pay to go into his pocket. which ever way that can be feasible, thats the way the sport should go.
        wow, i didn't realize you were this much of a fool. our chat is over. take care.

Comment

• About Time -

I personally expect HBO to leave boxing within 5-7 years.

GGG will destroy Canelo.

As HBO continues to slash their budget, more and more fighters will be forced to leave Arum for Haymon.

PBC doesn't need the WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO to disappear. When the time comes, PBC just needs the American public to accept the PBC championship as the #1 championship in boxing, the same way they recognize the NBA championship as the #1 championship in basketball.

If 40 boxers hold a press conference and throw their alphabelts in the garbage at the same time and agree to face each other to crown one PBC champion per division, and PBC is the only boxing with a major US television presence, what title from that point forward is the public going to think of as the #1 boxing title?

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
            hahahaha wtf are you talking about? the orgs do things the fighters/promoters don't want them to do all the time . . .

what does any of that have to do with there being 1 champion?

the promoter already has to pay a sanctioning fee . . .
            name the things orgs do that promoters and fighters dont want the to do. by name , i mean supply link to back up your claim.

jfc, has there never been 1 fncking champ in the fncking history of the alphabets ??!?!?!?!?!?

ok, promoters pick up the tab. im assuming they get that back in their fee from their boxers.

Originally posted by original zero View Post
            wow, i didn't realize you were this much of a fool. our chat is over. take care.
            i guess i wont be getting that non existing link

Comment

and I'd like to be 6 foot 2 and have $20 million in the bank

neither of our wishes are likely to happen

Comment

• Answer to thread question:

NO

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  and I'd like to be 6 foot 2 and have $20 million in the bank

neither of our wishes are likely to happen
                  and ridding the sport of the abc's isnt going to happen either.
                  WTF.....can i get my fantasy some play ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

• It'd be like adding another org to the existing orgs..

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                      It'd be like adding another org to the existing orgs..
                      The orgs only matter because the TV networks allow them to matter. If Haymon ever has a monopoly on major US boxing and his networks are willing to completely boycott the orgs in favor of a PBC title, the orgs would quickly become irrelevant in the US.

And without that US money, four orgs would not be able to survive.

Comment

Working...
                      X