Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PBC had belts would you respect / acknowlege them over the Alpphabet titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Time -

If/when HBO pulls out of boxing and PBC controls 100% of the big time boxing in the US, why should PBC continue to have 2-3 champions per division and giving up 3% of the money when they can just have their own championship like the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and UFC do?

Who said anybody was sitting idly by? TR & GB filed massive lawsuits. TR's didn't go anywhere and GB's may not go anywhere either. There's nothing they can do. Haymon outsmarted them. As for the sanctioning bodies, three of them chose to bend over and do anything Haymon wanted so that the wouldn't cut them out and the fourth decided to go HBO exclusive.

None or sitting idly by. But there's nothing they can do. Haymon outsmarted everybody.

All the alphabelts are doing is delaying the inevitable and actually helping Haymon achieve his goal in the process. His near monopoly on the belts is helping him achieve his objective right now. There's no rush to ditch the belts. He can do that several years from now when they no longer serve a purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
      how can they be against something they have no power in stopping ?
      who do you think is stopping there from being 1 champion . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
        what can/would a sanctioning body do if wbc champ wanted to fight the wba champ ?

Comment

what can/would a sanctioning body do if wbc champ wanted to fight the wba champ ?
          the orgs have set things up to make unification as unappealing as possible. if they wanted there to be one champion, they would create unified mandatories. i.e., if you are the unified WBC/WBA champion, the WBC mandatory & WBA mandatory must fight each other to decide who gets the title shot.

would be a very easy and logical way to encourage unified champions, but the orgs don't do that because largely, they don't like unified champions.

you claimed the orgs want 1 champ but that things keep getting in the way. no, the orgs keep putting things in the way because they don't want 1 champ.

Comment

the orgs have set things up to make unification as unappealing as possible. if they wanted there to be one champion, they would create unified mandatories. i.e., if you are the unified WBC/WBA champion, the WBC mandatory & WBA mandatory must fight each other to decide who gets the title shot.

would be a very easy and logical way to encourage unified champions, but the orgs don't do that because largely, they don't like unified champions.

you claimed the orgs want 1 champ but that things keep getting in the way. no, the orgs keep putting things in the way because they don't want 1 champ.
            i still dont see what an org can legally DO to prevent one champ from fighting another. if you have specifics/links.....

i dont want to be argumentative BUT lets not accuse them of doing something they cant. i hate them but theyre necessary (for now).

$$$$ prevented this upcoming unification fight from happening sooner. not sure if wlad had problems during his title run. on and on

Comment

• no, they don't prevent the champions from fighting each other, but they make being a unified champion so unappealing that fighters usually don't bother to unify.

if someone won all 4 belts in their division, they'd have to make 4 mandatories a year. it'd be ridiculous. plus 4 sanctioning fees for every fight. the rules are set up to discourage unified champions.

Comment

no, they don't prevent the champions from fighting each other, but they make being a unified champion so unappealing that fighters usually don't bother to unify.

if someone won all 4 belts in their division, they'd have to make 4 mandatories a year. it'd be ridiculous. plus 4 sanctioning fees for every fight. the rules are set up to discourage unified champions.
                its ok, you can quote me.

orgs cant do shlt the fighters/promoters dont want them to do. as long as the fees are paid......

from what i can tell, orgs dont want champs to be taking their time defending those titles. ive seen orgs giving champs a lot of leeway. again, they want that fee.

i hate the fee part. if we can get rid of that or have that come out of the promoters fee......

Comment

About Time -

If/when HBO pulls out of boxing and PBC controls 100% of the big time boxing in the US, why should PBC continue to have 2-3 champions per division and giving up 3% of the money when they can just have their own championship like the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and UFC do?

Who said anybody was sitting idly by? TR & GB filed massive lawsuits. TR's didn't go anywhere and GB's may not go anywhere either. There's nothing they can do. Haymon outsmarted them. As for the sanctioning bodies, three of them chose to bend over and do anything Haymon wanted so that the wouldn't cut them out and the fourth decided to go HBO exclusive.

None or sitting idly by. But there's nothing they can do. Haymon outsmarted everybody.

All the alphabelts are doing is delaying the inevitable and actually helping Haymon achieve his goal in the process. His near monopoly on the belts is helping him achieve his objective right now. There's no rush to ditch the belts. He can do that several years from now when they no longer serve a purpose.

..... give me an exact date for that, so I can make an accurate prediction?

When Canelo beats Golovkin, he will become a PPV MEGASTAR..... how long will he rule boxing for?

Lomachenko may not become a PPV MEGASTAR, but he will likely be ranked #1 P4P..... how long do you estimate he will top the P4P rankings?

..... will the 2 things above, as well as the multitude of other things that could also happen within the sport over the next couple of years, have any effect on that date?

I think that we will need to wait and see what happens before making any massive assumptions like that..... and unfortunately PBC will never have all of the champions, because the very second they release their "titles", the ABC bodies will each appoint a new champion..... just like they do now..... rinse, wash, repeat

your earlier assertions that the WBA/WBC/WBO/IBF will somehow disappear is highly unlikely and will almost certainly not happen..... unfortunately

Comment

general acceptance of 3, of the current 4, sanctioning bodies

PBC titles will not change that, or even effect it most likely

how long does it take a sanctioning body to rearrange it's rankings?

Comment

its ok, you can quote me.

orgs cant do shlt the fighters/promoters dont want them to do. as long as the fees are paid......

from what i can tell, orgs dont want champs to be taking their time defending those titles. ive seen orgs giving champs a lot of leeway. again, they want that fee.

i hate the fee part. if we can get rid of that or have that come out of the promoters fee......
                      what difference would that make? First off, promoters already pay a sanctioning fee, as well as fees for the inspector and supervisor, plus their travel, hotel, and meals. If the promoter also had to pay the fighters sanction fee also they would simply factor that in when negotiating the fighter purse, so in the end the fighter would still be paying it, just not directly.

Comment

Working...
                      X