Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene Fighter of The Year 2016 - Carl Frampton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah frmapton was my choice and the obvious choice. As much as i like lomachenko, frampton beat two world class fighters (one in a fight of the year candidate) whilst lomachenko beat one world class fighter. Hopefully frampton getting rewarded for his gamble by taking hard fights back to back miight encourage other fighters to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by pdple View Post
      so u duck the best guy in your division and get foty??? unreal.
      Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
      My thoughts exactly!!!

Thankyou to all those who think a fighter who DUCKS THEIR FUKING MANDATORY is not only acceptable, but they should also get a bloody award. You are helping the demise of this once great sport.

That includes you Cliff Rold - Managing Editor of BoxingScene, member of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, and a member of the Boxing Writers Association.

You mob probably think Eubanks pathetic excuse for a title fight is sanctioned by a legitimate organisation (ibo HA!)
      Originally posted by hrt3333 View Post
      Kind of feels weird giving it to him when he wouldn't fight Rigo but at the same time there was no money in it and he moved up in weight so you can't really blame him
      I was very disappointed when Frampton gave up his SBW title instead of fighting Rigo. But he had been very tight at that weight, and moving straight up to FW to fight Santa Cruz instead clears him of the "ducking" charge, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
        I call him coWard because he ducked GGG now hes ducking Kovalev and wont admit he lost the fight
        ok great to know

Comment

Good on him. That's ESPN and BScene so far that have named him FOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            I dont know whats going on around here @ boxingscene lately but I got my suspicions : Just yesterday they updated their P4P ranking leaving all the euros in their spot ( Kovalev & GGG ) despite losing and doing absolutely NOTHING! but they kicked the American two weight lineal champion Bud crawford ( who was #3. ) way down to seven if I remember correctly.....but now this!!! First of all beating bum Scott Quig is nothing special and truth be told they manufactured this contest/ 'unification' by both of them ducking Guillermo Rigonduex hard! then this little leprechaun robs Leo Santa Cruz!!!

What the hell is the conspiracy all about?!!! all the euro-bums getting passes and nobody saying anything? -- Tyson Fury getting a hero's welcome but Andre Ward a clean American athlete, role-model Olympic gold medalist gets all this hate? did he ever do cocaine and made his fans made to look like fools?!....I cant stand this Anti-American agenda going on here!!!
            Frampton whilst I thought his win over Santa Cruz was a resounding victory I never really rated Santa Cruz at all, against Quigg he looked in control but again who the hell is Quigg ?

Ward had the win of the year but for clear dislike, resentment and bias the press and boxing fans alike clamoured against him, fact is Kovalev looked poor down the stretch versus Ward upon his opponent refusing to wilt, Kovalev ran out of ideas.

For me Ward is the clear winner here but to avoid controversy I accept Loma and Crawford being the no.1 fighter of the year, I'll go with Crawford as he beat the no.2 in his division with absolute ease, time for the guy to test himself at a higher weight class to achieve multi weight recognition. Crawford vs Vargas next ?
            Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 12-29-2016, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Congratulations, Mr. Rold

Frampton has a majority and a split decision in 2016. Thinking that he has done more than Crawford, Lomachenko or Gonzales is a pure travesty. Congratulations, Mr. Rold...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                Frampton whilst I thought his win over Santa Cruz was a resounding victory I never really rated Santa Cruz at all, against Quigg he looked in control but again who the hell is Quigg ?

Ward had the win of the year but for clear dislike, resentment and bias the press and boxing fans alike clamoured against him, fact is Kovalev looked poor down the stretch versus Ward upon his opponent refusing to wilt, Kovalev ran out of ideas.

For me Ward is the clear winner here but to avoid controversy I accept Loma and Crawford being the no.1 fighter of the year, I'll go with Crawford as he beat the no.2 in his division with absolute ease, time for the guy to test himself at a higher weight class to achieve multi weight recognition. Crawford vs Vargas next ?
                Oh! wO00t?! you dont rate Santa Cruz? you'll see in the rematch! no excuses he going to whoop Frampton all over the strip in Vegas! I got Roman Gonzalez as fighter of the year ( yes I'm bias ) good look on speaking the truth about Ward and Crawford. Interesting fight you brought up in Crawford vs. Vargas, I completely forgot they both are signed with Toprank!!! yes looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Oh! wO00t?! you dont rate Santa Cruz? you'll see in the rematch! no excuses he going to whoop Frampton all over the strip in Vegas! I got Roman Gonzalez as fighter of the year ( yes I'm bias ) good look on speaking the truth about Ward and Crawford. Interesting fight you brought up in Crawford vs. Vargas, I completely forgot they both are signed with Toprank!!! yes looks good.
                  No I never rated Santa Cruz, it's all documented. I believe he's solid and tough but extremely basic kinda reminds me of a Carl Froch and Chavez Jr. I guess, cumbersome and face first, blocks shots with his head, all massive over achievers.

Frampton I do hold in high regard, already did before the Quigg and Cruz wins would he beat Rigo ? Of course not, would he stand a chance versus Loma, no way. If guys like Canelo are in the top ten Frampton should be too on the periphery that is.

I hold the win over Postol for Crawford over anything Frampton or Loma achieved. Also feel the Ward win over Kovalev was the crowning achievement by anyone this year, if Kovalev had beat Ward they'd be celebrating it from the roof tops.
                  Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 12-30-2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

^^^
                    Agreed with this guy. LSC is a fan pleasing boxer and all, but he is overrated.
                    My vote was for Loma, I don't mind Crawford and even more don't mind Ward. Say what you want, but he won a biggest fight in years. Frampton had a great year, but he ducked Rigo and he wasn't as dominant as Bud and Loma, nor LSC and Quig are somewhere near Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                      No I never rated Santa Cruz, it's all documented. I believe he's solid and tough but extremely basic kinda reminds me of a Carl Froch and Chavez Jr. I guess, cumbersome and face first, blocks shots with his head, all massive over achievers.
                      You got a point, its heart and sheer will that constitutes their success in the sport...its very rare that I value that type of fighter maybe its because hes a good kid...and I like too see decent people succeed over huligan/crooks like Carl Frampton! hahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                      X