No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene Fighter of The Year 2016 - Carl Frampton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    this is laughable, he had a good year, but no Crawford? And kov who looked terrible before the ward fight and lost the ward fight despite what everyones emotion is; is above ward????? Frampton needs to stop ducking Rigo!
    The honorable mentions are in alphabetical order by last name but Crawford's omission is laughable considering he is arguably the Fighter of the Year, and at worst, in the top 3 this year.
    Last edited by Pigeons; 12-29-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

he looked bad in the fight before ward, and lost the ward fight, what exactly are you basing this on? ward went up to his division, beat barrera and beat him and Kov is above him?????
      How about dropping Andre coWard hard and being the first to defeat him? You must be ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        The honorable mentions are in alphabetical order by last a name but Crawford's omission is laughable considering he is arguably the Fighter of the Year, and at worst, in the top 3 this year.
        I meant to write a graph for Crawford last night and realized the mistake this AM. I've written one to be inserted as an addendum and it should be there later today. I wouldn't have him top three (Lundy and a Molina who blew weight isn't enough with Postol) but he definitely merited a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          People are confusing 'taking on your biggest challenge' with 'how you actually looked' .

122 was a hot division until LSC, Frampton and Quigg all moved up. 126 is now probably a top 3 division in boxing.
          Quigg was rated 4 at 122 and LSC was rated 3 at 126. Your case about Smith and BJS is void. Smith was rated at 8 I think at 154 and BJS is 3 in a weak MW division.
          Final thought - this is controversial because there is no standout candidate for FOTY - due to a relatively poor boxing year. Crawford, had he fought and beaten Broner instead of Molina would have clinched it.
          All those guys (add in Mares) moved up to avoid fighting the best at 122, Rigo. Smith and BJS is definitely valid. You can't use subjective rankings to disregard certain actions. If that's the case, Crawford would be an easy FOTY. Lundy, Postol, and Molina were all top 10 boxers at 140 before Bud dominated them. Bud would have need to beat the 2 (Postol), 3 (Broner), and another top 10 fighter (Molina or Lundy) at 140 to beat out Frampton who avoided Rigo and fought other fighters who avoided Rigo? That's an unfair metric.

My problem is that I always want to see the best fight the best. Frampton avoided that and that shouldn't be rewarded with honors of FOTY. It gives incentive to not put the highest-quality fighters against each other. I'm cool with multiple other people getting it, but I can't ride with Frampton after avoiding Rigo when he said that he would fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            How about dropping Andre coWard hard and being the first to defeat him? You must be ******ed.
            I don't understand your logic and im sure ur over 15, name calling still?

Comment

I don't understand your logic and im sure ur over 15, name calling still?
              I call him coWard because he ducked GGG now hes ducking Kovalev and wont admit he lost the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                All those guys (add in Mares) moved up to avoid fighting the best at 122, Rigo. Smith and BJS is definitely valid. You can't use subjective rankings to disregard certain actions. If that's the case, Crawford would be an easy FOTY. Lundy, Postol, and Molina were all top 10 boxers at 140 before Bud dominated them. Bud would have need to beat the 2 (Postol), 3 (Broner), and another top 10 fighter (Molina or Lundy) at 140 to beat out Frampton who avoided Rigo and fought other fighters who avoided Rigo? That's an unfair metric.

My problem is that I always want to see the best fight the best. Frampton avoided that and that shouldn't be rewarded with honors of FOTY. It gives incentive to not put the highest-quality fighters against each other. I'm cool with multiple other people getting it, but I can't ride with Frampton after avoiding Rigo when he said that he would fight him.
                Luckily FOTY is based on what you did rather than what you didn't do. Not saying that Frampton is standout but he did enough. I might have chosen Loma. Quigg is still unproven to some extent so Martinez tops him and Walters was more dangerous than LSC and maybe more feared - high risk low reward.
                Crawford was in with a good shout but Molina and Lundy are top ten in a weaker division. In assessing resume you have to take into account the strength of a division.

Comment

Woooooooow

So framptin ducks rigo.....beats decent quigg and Santa Cruz and get FOTY

Kov v ward

RG vs caudras

Loma vs Walters

Yamanaka vs moreno

Crawford vs postol

were @ the highest level in each in the division with P4P ramifications

Crawford , loma, ward , RG had better years, beat better comp and didn't duck anyone. All of them had better years vs better opposition

Comment

Right !! Frampton abandon his title at 122 not fight his manadatory rigondeaux. Frampton ran like a coward not fighting the best 122 ... and he gets the fighter of the year ?
                    By beating panticruz... boxing is a joke nowadays.

Hit and not be hit ; you can not hit what you don't see

Comment

Frampton had two big fights against world champions this year and he won them both. He's a fine choice for FOTY.

I do understand, though, how some people don't want to see him rewarded for ducking Rigondeaux.

Comment

Working...
                      X