Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    I'm not sure the payday at this point is going to be much different... If Chavez jr is getting $5 million and Jacobs is getting $3 for his fight, how much is Saunders worth? Certainly less than Chavez jr, maybe on par with Jacobs.. If K2 wants that title they're gonna have cave in like they did for Jacobs and pay more than market value again.
    Saunders is worth more to Canelo than BJS is to GGG. Canelo-Saunders would still be PPV. He's more known than Smith was but not as known as Jacobs is. Canelo can afford that $3mil while GGG can't because it'll be a regular HBO fight. And I disagree about Jacobs being payed above market value. I've heard Tom say this week that they're bullish on this fight and expect the Garden to sell out and sell more PPV's than Lemiuex. If they sell out the Garden at double the ticket prices of the Lemiuex fight that proves Jacobs is a strong B-side. As the A-Side what other fighter is GGG selling $1000 tickets for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      The only way the WBO can fix this mess is to give Saunders 90 days from his last fight, to defend against Canelo! If Canelo decides to fight someone else, then Khurtsidze gets the fight! It's not fair that both Saunders and Canelo get to hold their spots for months/years without fighting their mandatory!
      Pretty much agree with this.

Confused how any negotiations between GBP and Saunders would work though. As far as we know:

- Saunders doesn't want to fight outside the UK (he's never done so before and was suggesting before any fight would be in the UK)
      - Canelo doesn't want to fight in the UK (GBP said something along those lines at one point)
      - GBP bad mouthing Saunders after his last performance and saying any offer gets cut in half
      - GBP continually low-balling with fixed offers, that Saunders is also likely not to want to accept
      - if it goes to purse bid, Saunders gets the big percentage, so GBP would simply walk away: won't get that far

On the other hand, if Saunders turns down all the offers, and Canelo does walk away, it doesn't leave Saunders another way of cashing in his belt, so he might accept a lowball if its still bigger than anything he can get elsewhere.

Comment

Oh you better believe we are going to take some action this is the biggest bunch of b******* I've ever seen in my life and I've been involved in boxing training Fighters for over 30 years it's not going down like this I can guarantee suicide is one of the most exciting fighters on the circuit and he's one of the nicest guys on the circuit the WBO is the biggest bunch of b******* as bad as I've ever seen they want war they're going to get War

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Just because it's "business as usual," we all should condemn it each and every time! When a cop shoots a fleeing, unarmed, Black man, or kills him in a choke hold, I'm not surprised, but I condemn their actions each and every time!
          Some of us pointed this out months ago. Me, DreamerUSA and some others. We could see this coming.

Comment

Didn't crawford do the same thing? The hate on Canelo is strong. Ya should be happy. His next fight might be at 160 then we can see ggg since they both 160....

but no what do you get from posters?

Comment

Holy SHT!!! When did NutSize gets ALL these fans??? I never knew he was soo popular???

Comment

damn son...lol......

Comment

Isn't that ****ed up for Khurt? Can he sue the WBO phaggots?

Comment

If the Golovkin fight isn't set for 2017 then he should move up to 168. I realize that division is a waste land but maybe he could get a big money fight with Chavez Jr. and then fight Ramirez or something.

Golovkin is really just holding out for a huge payday with Canelo but this is getting ridiculous already.

Comment

• /////"That's what the wbo does idiot"..................

who the fu@& are you to call people names?

I don't care what organization p[policies are or how political they are!!!!
                      I'm talking about EARNING your position by fighting at that weight! What I forgot you'll NEVER know kid.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X