Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: If Ward Retires - Everyone Will Realize He is a Coward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev, like lamont peterson, took his foot off the gas and that cost them the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Oh here we go with this ****...isn't it funny when people say they need to fight here instead of only fighting abroad. Why does he need to? The US is a melting pot and you won't find a more diverse country anywhere. Fighters of all faiths and ethnicities fight over here all the time. Marquez was a Mexican fighter fighting in Vegas and never got a decision against Manny, even the 3rd fight which imo he clearly won. That's only 1 example out of hundreds I'm sure, but yet your guy doesn't get the decision and you all cry like total puzzies, so it MUST be a hometown decision right? You ****ing people cry about Ward winning act like a close fight was the robbery of the century, go back to boxing 101.
      If so why does fighting in Russia, Dubai and China see fighters getting paid better?
      That's what Ward wants, he wants more cash so If he wants that cash why is he being scared to fight over in another country.

I answered your question on why should Ward travel, he wants cash and he wants a lot more of it but don't mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        Kovalev, "I can show you pictures on my instagram..."

Sad
        About as bad as ward with his emails.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Both took huge paydays for sure KO losses against bigger men to avoid fighting guys their own weight that might beat them and lower their long term earning potential. Both are planning a return to 147.

That isn't moving up.
          Well if that isn't "moving up" then neither is fighting someone in your own weight class.

I keep seeing people saying that Ward "moved up" to fight Kovalev. No he didn't. He came back from his hiatus as a LHW and even admitted himself that he can no longer make 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Well if that isn't "moving up" then neither is fighting someone in your own weight class.

I keep seeing people saying that Ward "moved up" to fight Kovalev. No he didn't. He came back from his hiatus as a LHW and even admitted himself that he can no longer make 168.
            I see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieHearn View Post
              If so why does fighting in Russia, Dubai and China see fighters getting paid better?
              That's what Ward wants, he wants more cash so If he wants that cash why is he being scared to fight over in another country.

I answered your question on why should Ward travel, he wants cash and he wants a lot more of it but don't mention it.
              Yeah? How much did he say he wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Ward doesn't give a shit -- he never did... During the Super Six, Ward practically fought for free... Afterwards he was only about money...
                So........ I guess the implication is that he should fight his whole career and always fight for peanuts 🥜 never concerning himself with the business side of things ?

Would u happen to be ***ish?

Comment

How am I suppose to know, I'm not Kathy Duva.

Comment

Well his purse for the first fight was 5mil guarantee. I doubt he saw any ppv revenue as the buy rate tanked. I can't see how he can expect much more unless RNS is willing to keep losing money by paying out its fighters without a return on their investments.

If Ward wants more money he should do a better job of promoting himself. I was no fan of Floyd but I respected his skills and ability to promote himself. Ward is too stubborn and too dull.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieHearn View Post

I remember Ward willing to rematch Froch at the Wembley Stadium, but he refused Froch's proposition to fight at the Nottingham stadium... Froch (or Hearn?) was right, though, because Ward wouldn't have sold out Wembley.

Comment

Working...
                      X