Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo Drops Julian Williams Three Times For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classless fools. You won the guy was humbled enough in defeat to get up and congratulate you and what did you do? Nice to see Ronnie shield coming in to talk some sense to this 17 year old..

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      How is a fight against a champ or former champ a tune-up? I wouldn't even call Sergio Mora a tune-up.
      Well then I guess you've gotten too used to the Rod Salkas and Vargas' of the world. I feel what you're saying though, maybe I should say warm up fight? You bugging with the Mora shxt, he'd Def be a tune up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        This was a great fight. I never made a prediction, because frankly I wasn't comfortable speaking for either fighter. Charlo looked like the bigger, stronger, maybe faster fighter, but I thought Williams might be the smarter guy. Needless to say, I wasn't so sure of either fella, but there's no question now.

It started out as such a great technical fight with both looking to hold ground, which is just great boxing between two top guys. I thought Williams got up too fast after the knockdown, his pride wanted to cut that moment short, but all it did was show his inexperience. Williams did come back really well I thought for the rest of round 2 and 3. That uppercut tho, what a shot. J-Rock has a tendency to sometimes pause after throwing a 1-2, and Charlo just timed it perfectly.

That **** Charlo pulled at the end tho, classless. Charlo showed his true colors. Otherwise, I enjoyed the fight.
        He apologized right after what more do peoole want from him. He just won 30 seconds ago to a guy who been talking crap about him the past 2 years. Let him shine for a little bit.

They made up and took pics in the back.

Comment

• That was a nice win and he looked good (and I'm a J-Rock fan).. but anyone who thinks he walks through Canelo is bat**** crazy.

Canelo is an amazing counterpuncher, has great power and an iron chin. He's absolutely nothing like J-Rock.

Comment

• People still upset with Charlo acting like an a-hole after the fight, I say more power to him. I want to see him embrace a Clubber Lane persona, gives the sport more flavor. Not everybody needs to be a humble good guy, you need some villains.

I can't think of the last bad guy with KO power since Tyson or McClellan.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              That was a nice win and he looked good (and I'm a J-Rock fan).. but anyone who thinks he walks through Canelo is bat**** crazy.

Canelo is an amazing counterpuncher, has great power and an iron chin. He's absolutely nothing like J-Rock.
              Canelo also hasn't faced anyone like Jermall. I mean Khan and Liam Smith? Along with a shot china-chinned Kirkland? Those are soft touches relative to someone like Charlo. I don't think Charlo walks thru Alvarez, but I think he give him hell (which would be fun as hell to watch). Canelo's footwork and reach don't do him no favors vs Charlo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Canelo also hasn't faced anyone like Jermall. I mean Khan and Liam Smith? Along with a shot china-chinned Kirkland? Those are soft touches relative to someone like Charlo. I don't think Charlo walks thru Alvarez, but I think he give him hell (which would be fun as hell to watch). Canelo's footwork and reach don't do him no favors vs Charlo.
                His style doesn't do him any favors either. Both are counterpunchers and like to work at a slower pace, but Charlo is taller and lankier. He was falling asleep against J-Rock though, getting hit repeatedly with certain shots. I think Canelo is quick enough to land those kinds of shots, but he might not have the demeanor to do so.

Comment

• Andrade wants it. Charlo is cool with it. I hope this one gets done.

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    He apologized right after what more do peoole want from him. He just won 30 seconds ago to a guy who been talking crap about him the past 2 years. Let him shine for a little bit.

They made up and took pics in the back.
                    Right after, really? Your live feed skip a minute? He did it out of honesty, that's who he is. Sorry doesn't reverse what you did, it acknowledges a mistake, which is all I pointed out. This shouldn't offend you, dude. I said he was classless and Charlo knows he was which is why he tried that fake ass apology.

Furthermore, he apologized because he was getting booed, it was a reaction to try to appease fans. It wasn't even an honest display. That other **** about, "he said this, he said that," lame. Williams ain't the first guy to ask for a fight against one of the top guys in a division and he ain't gonna be the last, what's there to be offended about? Charlo came off like an emotional ass girl, be real about it.

And if they took pictures it's because Julian Williams allowed it, it's not like he came to Charlo's dressing room and tried to shake hands with him again.

Comment

• Really good fight. But feel very sad for J-Rock and Breadman. Hopefully it doesn't derail them.

Comment

Working...
                      X