Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I Want The Kovalev vs. Ward Winner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adonis Stevenson KOes either one, he's the best LHW right now let's go Superman, let's go Superman, Canada >>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Stevenson against Kovalev, Ward, and even Pascal are interesting fights. Even Stevenson loses, I would like to see him fight all three. Heck, throw in Bute in there.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        He is often used as an example of how you can win a lineal belt by doing essentially nothing. His resume sucks. He needs to work his way up to Ward/Kovalev. He ducked the **** out of Hopkins and Pascal and just about everyone else.

The absolute highlights of his career were beating a washed up Chad Dawson who Ward already destroyed (and lost to a bum a few months later) and trading knockdowns with previously unknown Fonfara. Stevenson is not even a top LHW. He sat on the sidelines.

Now he's 40 years old and doesn't have enough time to work his way up. they might give him this fight because he's been hyped so much in Canada and represents very easy money but that's about it.

Hopkins invited Stevenson to join Showtime in march 2014, to unify 3 major belts (IBF, WBA and WBC). Showtime put millions on the table to get Stevenson, while he and Kovalev had no contract with HBO. So after HBO failed to match Showtime financial offer, Stevenson changed network.
        But 10 days after B-Hop won his second title against Shumenov, on 04/29/2014 Mama Duva decided to sued Showtime, Golden Boy & Al Haymon, which have no business with this non sign contract issue.
        Kathy Duva created her lawsuit scam, to plot a settlement under table with Golden Boy for dropping this phony lawsuit in exchange of an unification bout between Hopkins and her protege Kovalev, and thus make Stevenson-Michel-Haymon stumble in the process.
        Which is the reason why this Lawsuit got dropped the day after Hopkins and Kovalev reached an agreement to unify their titles. Golden Boy team weren't bright enough to realise this lawsuit was going nowhere, otherwise HBO would have backed up this phony complaint. But Golden Boy have taken the bait, due to the fact they also needed an excuse to reconnect with HBO.
        That's why the Stevenson and B-hop fight never happen, Hopkins left...

And about Jean Pascal, he fueled a depreciation campaign against Stevenson using all forms of media at its disposal to force Stevenson to give up to accept a equally split purse, when he was valued at 30% by the WBC. While Stevenson was waiting for the WBC purse split 70-30, Pascal find a 60-40 deal with Kovalev and moved himself out of his WBC 1st mandatory position. Not to mention, to avoid losing the high value the WBC Diamond belt brought him when he left the Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) organization for Interbox; He, Greg Leon and Kathy Duva build up a plan to convince the WBC of positioning the winner between him and Kovalev mandatory to Stevenson. Which is how he avoided to get stripped from that WBC Diamond belt.

Anyhow, for team Duva it was just a commercial prank used to enhance the market value of Kovalev with HBO, as you noticed Kove team rejected the 2 purse bid the WBC ordered following their previous agreement. The first rejection was made when Kovalev had no contract, and the second denial was done when Kovalev was under a new contract with HBO.

Is Pascal a top LHW, is 50 years old Hopkins a TOP LHW? Stevenson would've snach them both. For you, these 2 names on Kovalev resume, means the WBC Champ Stevenson would need to make his way up to the winner of Kovalev-Ward; is that right? Are you serious?
        You can say, Oh! I hate Stevenson or I love Kovalev so much, I hope Stevenson never get the chance to fight Kovalev, I got the bad feeling he'll beat the crap out of the Russian. But saying stupid stuff like (working his way up), just prove how aware you are about the danger Stevenson represent for your favorite loser...

Comment

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
          F off i aint no racist. ****kenson should of fought Kovalev when he was supposed, this mfer set on his azz fighting karpencies for 3 years and want to just jump on the winner to get that p4p status, sneaky ****kenson
          Humm! Looks like this hater knows Stevenson would come out as the winner of this fight, P4P + Undisputed Champion status...
          *Stop complaining man, just wish this fight happens soon, if you're not a hater…

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
            Hopkins invited Stevenson to join Showtime in march 2014, to unify 3 major belts (IBF, WBA and WBC). Showtime put millions on the table to get Stevenson, while he and Kovalev had no contract with HBO. So after HBO failed to match Showtime financial offer, Stevenson changed network.
            But 10 days after B-Hop won his second title against Shumenov, on 04/29/2014 Mama Duva decided to sued Showtime, Golden Boy & Al Haymon, which have no business with this non sign contract issue.
            Kathy Duva created her lawsuit scam, to plot a settlement under table with Golden Boy for dropping this phony lawsuit in exchange of an unification bout between Hopkins and her protege Kovalev, and thus make Stevenson-Michel-Haymon stumble in the process.
            Which is the reason why this Lawsuit got dropped the day after Hopkins and Kovalev reached an agreement to unify their titles. Golden Boy team weren't bright enough to realise this lawsuit was going nowhere, otherwise HBO would have backed up this phony complaint. But Golden Boy have taken the bait, due to the fact they also needed an excuse to reconnect with HBO.
            That's why the Stevenson and B-hop fight never happen, Hopkins left...

And about Jean Pascal, he fueled a depreciation campaign against Stevenson using all forms of media at its disposal to force Stevenson to give up to accept a equally split purse, when he was valued at 30% by the WBC. While Stevenson was waiting for the WBC purse split 70-30, Pascal find a 60-40 deal with Kovalev and moved himself out of his WBC 1st mandatory position. Not to mention, to avoid losing the high value the WBC Diamond belt brought him when he left the Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) organization for Interbox; He, Greg Leon and Kathy Duva build up a plan to convince the WBC of positioning the winner between him and Kovalev mandatory to Stevenson. Which is how he avoided to get stripped from that WBC Diamond belt.

Anyhow, for team Duva it was just a commercial prank used to enhance the market value of Kovalev with HBO, as you noticed Kove team rejected the 2 purse bid the WBC ordered following their previous agreement. The first rejection was made when Kovalev had no contract, and the second denial was done when Kovalev was under a new contract with HBO.

Is Pascal a top LHW, is 50 years old Hopkins a TOP LHW? Stevenson would've snach them both. For you, these 2 names on Kovalev resume, means the WBC Champ Stevenson would need to make his way up to the winner of Kovalev-Ward; is that right? Are you serious?
            You can say, Oh! I hate Stevenson or I love Kovalev so much, I hope Stevenson never get the chance to fight Kovalev, I got the bad feeling he'll beat the crap out of the Russian. But saying stupid stuff like (working his way up), just prove how aware you are about the danger Stevenson represent for your favorite loser...
            tldr

his resume sucks and he's ducked everyone

there's no conspiracy against him. it's him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
              Isn't Kovalev the one who changed his tune when Stevenson jumped in the ring attempting to force that clash? But instead of accepting what everybody saw, the Kovalev lovers end up creating excuses trying to explane Kovalev irrational reaction.
              Kovalev was acting all along. But the worst, you all know it...
              all of the grandstanding means jack shlt. in fact, imho, it comes off as just the opposite. i remember adonis stuttering like a palsy victim when he was interviewed once and kov was brought up. i dont recall if it was after he fought or if he was just at a fight. maybe adonis made a business decision ?

i feel adonis would much rather take his chances with ward than with kov. should kov win, i guarantee you adonis will change his tune.

Comment

Ward is only preparing people to assist the same move Kovalev did to Stevenson.
                It's not complicate, if he loose against Kovalev = Rematch (9 more months).
                If he wins = Rematch (9 more months) + New HBO contract.
                They will block any process of making a fight against Stevenson for the next 9 months.
                If the final result is 1-1, they will complete a 3rd fight = Total (27 more months).
                If it's 2-0 in favor of Kovalev or Ward (18 months), the main winner will still be tight to an HBO exclusive contract.
                They will wait 18 months to see if Stevenson metabolisms slows considerably down; down enough to find a way to jump on that belt, HBO policies or not, after 27 months, 2019...

Most people deeply knows Kovalev nor Ward wants no part of Stevenson, but it's just hard to admit the truth to themselves. And about who is serious or not, about unifying all major titles; Stevenson is the most serious of all 3, no doubt...
                I think Stevenson is a true one punch knock out artist, he has the most power out of the trio. That doesn't mean Ward or Kov would be hesitant to face him. Although he has power, he doesn't seem to be very versatile and has looked ordinary at moments....

Comment

stevenson is a disgusting excuse for a human being when you know what hes done in the past, the worst kind of violent entitled small brained mf'er, would have been a better world if he got gunned down all them years ago.

as for his boxing, what a stupid idiot again, no pascal fight? duh, that would have done massively well in canada, not now that kov has absolutely destroyed him. pascal, kov and hopkins all fought each other, and chickenson couldnt even fight one of them?! vacate and f*k off

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    just wanna ask you..do you know that they enforced kovalev as his mandatory and kovalev left the purse bid? so is it stevenson fault that the next man has to step up or is it kovalevs? and the truth is wbc will step aside for a 6 belt unification gladly.
                    hope u accept these facts..peace
                    Did you know Stevenson won't even fight countryman Jean Pascal who calls him the National Chicken? Won't fight Pascal, won't fight Kovalev, I doubt he'll even fight Eleider Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
                      Did you know Stevenson won't even fight countryman Jean Pascal who calls him the National Chicken? Won't fight Pascal, won't fight Kovalev, I doubt he'll even fight Eleider Alvarez.
                      did u know that stevenson had 3 belts to offer to pascals 0...
                      do u know there is a thing called "negotiating in the media"
                      did u know it is a tactic to shame your opponent so he'll take a fight in haste and u can make money...
                      do you kno that this did not work on stevenson as stevenson was not buy pascals 50-50 offer after some reports read that pascal wanted the even larger split

do you know as 3 belt holder stevenson has put 10k in the bell center in canada?

do u get my point? pascal played himself and he played you too..that guy has nothing left and doesnt deserve a shot if he's going to price himself out...

Comment

Working...
                      X