No announcement yet.

The Official: "King Kong" Ortiz vs "King" Malik Scott RbR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Where is Planet Oberon? Do the best fighters fight the best there?

On my planet, of course they do. If they don't, I blast them out into space to die like cowards

Comment

• Didn't watch the final fight. Solis robbery and Scott's antics left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Dyson View Post
        Didn't watch the final fight. Solis robbery and Scott's antics left a bad taste in my mouth.
        It's a shame because the last fight really redeemed the rest of the card.

It was a great fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          It's a shame because the last fight really redeemed the rest of the card.

It was a great fight.
          I thought there might be another highway robbery.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            You are being serious aren't you? I suggest you find a new sport if you think Lara is anything remotely close to Scott.
            I was calling up your double standard. Your quote was something like 'NSB ffs this place' I called Lara a coward you reacted with disdain towards me for something you have just said yourself.

As I said Lara cycles the ring as Scott was doing but I think their was some method in there with Lara attempting to steal rounds, Scott was actively looking to get out of the fight I believe it took him three rounds to throw a punch and he was reprimanded by the official for his inaction.

Is Lara that much better than Scott the way he fights against punchers ? I find them both pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              He shouldn't have either. Not on a guy who is moving away the entire time. People were calling for combos. How? When a guy is moving you can't connect more than a couple punches on a combo and every punch you miss is tiring.

I think we learned nothing from Ortiz in this one.
              Ortiz took two heavy punches absolutely unfazed by either, he has shown great conditioning for his age, punch resistance and solid fundamentals keeping his focus doing nothing rash awaiting openings. If anything I feel the top guys will have learned more about Ortiz tonight than they expected and unfortunately for the top guys in the division none have the footwork and elusiveness Scott showed tonight.

I thought Ortiz needed to up his work rate but he was working in there and showed he had another gear than the one he used throughout until the last round, lets not be overly critical of a counter puncher who struggled to counter punch the guy refusing to throw punches, Scott was enforced by the referee to fight at one point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                I was calling up your double standard. Your quote was something like 'NSB ffs this place' I called Lara a coward you reacted with disdain towards me for something you have just said yourself.

As I said Lara cycles the ring as Scott was doing but I think their was some method in there with Lara attempting to steal rounds, Scott was actively looking to get out of the fight I believe it took him three rounds to throw a punch and he was reprimanded by the official for his inaction.

Is Lara that much better than Scott the way he fights against punchers ? I find them both pathetic.
                Lara has never looked for ways out of a fight dimwit. Wtf are you on about?

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Lara has never looked for ways out of a fight dimwit. Wtf are you on about?
                  Can't debate without resorting to offend, lol you're cute only I'm not offended by a hypocritical NSB poster who's double standards reek of boiled ham.

Comment

Ortiz took two heavy punches absolutely unfazed by either, he has shown great conditioning for his age, punch resistance and solid fundamentals keeping his focus doing nothing rash awaiting openings. If anything I feel the top guys will have learned more about Ortiz tonight than they expected and unfortunately for the top guys in the division none have the footwork and elusiveness Scott showed tonight.

I thought Ortiz needed to up his work rate but he was working in there and showed he had another gear than the one he used throughout until the last round, lets not be overly critical of a counter puncher who struggled to counter punch the guy refusing to throw punches, Scott was enforced by the referee to fight at one point.
                    Good analysis. My main question about Ortiz is where his ring IQ is at when he's down on the cards or hurt. Some very talented guys don't have the mind to get themselves out of the hole, even if they have the tools (which Ortiz certainly does). Jennings was creating problems but Luis found that uppercut and went after it repeatedly, which sealed the deal. Can he do the same against the top guys in the division? How does he handle being hurt?
                    I'm inclined to think he'd be OK since he seems like an intelligent fighter but... you never know until you see them actually do it.

Comment

Can't debate without resorting to offend, lol you're cute only I'm not offended by a hypocritical NSB poster who's double standards reek of boiled ham.
                      If I wanted to offend you I would had certainly not used the word dimwit. So, tell me, when has Lara looked for ways out of a fight like Scott did and HAS DONE in the past? Next time read my posts before trying to accuse me of bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X