The Official: "King Kong" Ortiz vs "King" Malik Scott RbR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure makes Wilder look good.

Comment

• He actually hurt Ortiz badly in the 7th round. He just didn't really want to fight.

Comment

• Hilarious fight once again the HW division steps up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
          He actually hurt Ortiz badly in the 7th round. He just didn't really want to fight.
          Are you talking about the gif I posted? it was a headbutt.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            If I wanted to offend you I would had certainly not used the word dimwit. So, tell me, when has Lara looked for ways out of a fight like Scott did and HAS DONE in the past? Next time read my posts before trying to accuse me of bull****.
            It would appear you are the one who can not read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Good analysis. My main question about Ortiz is where his ring IQ is at when he's down on the cards or hurt. Some very talented guys don't have the mind to get themselves out of the hole, even if they have the tools (which Ortiz certainly does). Jennings was creating problems but Luis found that uppercut and went after it repeatedly, which sealed the deal. Can he do the same against the top guys in the division? How does he handle being hurt?
              I'm inclined to think he'd be OK since he seems like an intelligent fighter but... you never know until you see them actually do it.
              I thought Scott hurt him and he got straight back to business, OK Scott don't pack anything Joshua or Klitschko pack but that was a big punch which I'm not sure he completely saw before he was hit with it, it certainly wasn't telegraphed. A lot of those Joshua punches are telegraphed and Klitschko hasn't the snap he used to have, Wilder I feel is like Fury you see their punches coming an eon before.

I really feel we learnt a lot about Ortiz last night. He never rushed he never truly showed his frustrations, is patience in boxing not a massive virtue ? I always felt it was, he took his time and scored 4-5 knock downs I think only 4 were scored but Scott legitimately felt the power rolling with the punches to take the sting from them sacrificing trying to stand in the process, I'm sure one or two he could have retained his balance but elected to swallow rather than be really hurt by the follow up.

If anyone genuinely thinks Wilder, Joshua or Klitschko will face this guy willingly now they are grossly wrong. I give Wilder the best shot of beating Ortiz for his elusiveness but of what we've seen of him when tagged by punchers not deemed huge punchers I think Ortiz would stop Wilder, if anything Ortiz knows now he can operate at a high intensity over 12 with also a reserve to match when he needs to step up the pace. Scott will really have given him a massive boost in his own belief in his own conditioning at the highest level. Look at those punch stats for a 37 year old.

Comment

• Terrible fight, Scott shouldn't get paid for this farce.

Comment

• The funniest thing is when this guy fought Chisora some posters on here blamed the ref, when it was pretty much clear that Scott didn't want to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Hilarious fight once again the HW division steps up.
                    ... never watched a more horrible headbutt in boxing... (during the fight I didn't notice it).

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... never watched a more horrible headbutt in boxing... (during the fight I didn't notice it).
                      Incredible. And, he can't claim it wasn't intentional because it's clear he used the headbutt to set up the right hand!

Comment

Working...
                      X