No announcement yet.

Hearn: Joshua vs. Klitschko agreed for Dec 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    If AJ stops Klitschko, and he might, his star power will explode. I'm hyped for that possibility.

On the other hand if Klitschko beats AJ and goes on to regain his belts the hard way, what a ****in story that'd be.

Either way it goes it's a great fight.
    Hearn for BBC Radio 5 live":

"I don’t think it is the right fight for Anthony Joshua. But isn’t that what’s exciting about it?

You can’t really win as a promoter because on the one hand people are saying "oh you’re putting him into too easy fights" and then you put him in a fight where people say "oh that’s a bit early for him isn’t it?"

Terms are virtually there.

The deal between the fighters is there. The financial terms are agreed, there was a problem with US broadcasters but that has been sorted.

It is now a case of getting the paperwork and the sanctioning in order. Hopefully in a couple of days we will have the official announcement.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ys-eddie-hearn
    Last edited by MDPopescu; 10-17-2016, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Hopefully this one gets finalized this week.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        Or perhaps Fury's style and movement were too much for Wlad, and he is still the same beast he's been for the last decade... Maybe that's an option too?
        That's could be it too. Who really knows?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Hearn for BBC Radio 5 live":

"I don’t think it is the right fight for Anthony Joshua. But isn’t that what’s exciting about it?

You can’t really win as a promoter because on the one hand people are saying "oh you’re putting him into too easy fights" and then you put him in a fight where people say "oh that’s a bit early for him isn’t it?"

Terms are virtually there.

The deal between the fighters is there. The financial terms are agreed, there was a problem with US broadcasters but that has been sorted.

It is now a case of getting the paperwork and the sanctioning in order. Hopefully in a couple of days we will have the official announcement.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ys-eddie-hearn
          The network thing resolved eh? I wonder if it was HBO who just gave the green light for some money. They know Wlad is old and just got beat plus been inactive. So maybe they gave him up? Lol
          Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 10-17-2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Minutes ago:

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...over-wba-title

Eddie Hearn:
            (...) Both teams have written to the WBA to request sanctioning of our fight, but Wladimir wants the WBA belt to be on the line so until that is approved we cannot move forward.(...)

"We expect news in the next few days, but in the meantime I believe both sides will look at alternative options for December 10 while we hope to get the news we need to make the fight happen."

Comment

Just figfight now, already. Negotiate after. I don't understand politics in general, so nobody understands boxing politics.
              Just want to know who wins. So fight noiw taklk later

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Just figfight now, already. Negotiate after. I don't understand politics in general, so nobody understands boxing politics.
                Just want to know who wins. So fight noiw taklk later
                I'm beginning to sense skepticism on this one -- in the first place Hearn implied that there are "sanctioning issues", now he says that Klitschko only fights in case the WBA strap is on the line...

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Hopefully this one gets finalized this week.
                  ... less optimistic at this point...

... but, at a lower level, Heran looks very able to put up a solid card...

Comment

Wlads goal is to unify the titles so he would need to fight Joshua anyway at some point..... sounds to me he hss doubts ... an extra belt on the line is irrelevant here if unifying his real goal ....this fight wont happen for awhile if it falls through which makes it that more difficult for Wlad going forward with no belts due to boxings bizarre boxing ranking systems !

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Wlads goal is to unify the titles so he would need to fight Joshua anyway at some point..... sounds to me he hss doubts ... an extra belt on the line is irrelevant here if unifying his real goal ....this fight wont happen for awhile if it falls through which makes it that more difficult for Wlad going forward with no belts due to boxings bizarre boxing ranking systems !
                      ... Wlad somehow was the "unified champion", but he wasn't able to throw punches in that Fury fight!!!... At this point, he just can't "unify" anymore... Sorry, but that's it...

Comment

Working...
                      X