No announcement yet.

Hearn: Joshua vs. Klitschko agreed for Dec 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Not going to happen.....at ALL....If Wlad loses he is not getting a rematch with Joshua, his time is short and will stalk Fury to settle that ( its an easier fight )so he wont persue Joshua again,not at least right away.

If Joshua wins he moves on ,and takes on whoever...PARKER? Wlad is not going to risk losing twice in row( too the same guy) and make it 3 in row overall and end his career.

If Wlad wins he is going to get all the belts back ...he don't have time for rematches now.
    But what if Wlad wins by a split decision after a "hard fought" boring clinch fest and the Brit public gets mad? Can't they settle a rematch right there, after the fight?
    What if Hearn stipulates the rematch clause into the very contract, in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      (I'm not that wise -- I'm only older than the most of you here)...

I think that Hearn sensed the huge lucrative potential of this matchup. He would have liked to place this fight at the Wembley stadium, I guess. But he's making it now and he hopes that he will deliver a rematch sometime in June, at the Wembley of course... If my guess is right, it doesn't matter who wins this one here, but "how" he wins in order for the "rematch" to get a huge hype...
      What do you think about that?
      I'm not so sure m8....wlad doesn't have to much left in his engine now.
      He's 41 by fight time and that's really not a good age to be facing up to a stronger, younger and bigger punching heavyweight like Joshua and taking that kind of punishment as his age could very well be a career ending fight and you knowing boxing like I do know every heavyweight champion was well and truly past it and took a terrible beating...Johnson,Walcott,Louis,Ali,holmes and Tyson all suffered final fight beatings and foreman was the only one who managed to win a world title at that age but he was in a hiatus for some time and preserved himself plus he came up against Michael moorer which helped him win a world title.
      I see Joshua nadinha wlads career tô be honest m8.... we will see

Comment

But what if Wlad wins by a split decision after a "hard fought" boring clinch fest and the Brit public gets mad? Can't they settle a rematch right there, after the fight?
        What if Hearn stipulates the rematch clause into the very contract, in the first place?
        If Hearn has stipulated a rematch clause ...Wlad in MOST likleyhood wont accept the fight.

Comment

... It's funny that Hearn has it "planned" for Dec 10... The same date on which GGG is supposed to fight...
          This is why I don't believe Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            I'm not so sure m8....wlad doesn't have to much left in his engine now.
            He's 41 by fight time and that's really not a good age to be facing up to a stronger, younger and bigger punching heavyweight like Joshua and taking that kind of punishment as his age could very well be a career ending fight and you knowing boxing like I do know every heavyweight champion was well and truly past it and took a terrible beating...Johnson,Walcott,Louis,Ali,holmes and Tyson all suffered final fight beatings and foreman was the only one who managed to win a world title at that age but he was in a hiatus for some time and preserved himself plus he came up against Michael moorer which helped him win a world title.
            I see Joshua nadinha wlads career tô be honest m8.... we will see
            I don't like what Wlad is doing since a while now. But he may be able to turn the fight into an ugly clinch fest, while Joshua is too green and I don't know how strong he might be into the second part of the fight. Anyway, if lucky enough, Joshua could KO old Wlad cold early as well.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              If Hearn has stipulated a rematch clause ...Wlad in MOST likleyhood wont accept the fight.
              ... with the Wembley as venue at the horizon?

Comment

... with the Wembley as venue at the horizon?
                Its not about money its about legacy..Wlad isn't going to risk it,and losing to Joshua the first time is going to be a direct hit in the heart....Trying to beat him a second time...well im a Wlad fan but he will need his magician friend to help pull that out. Joshua is going to be a handful for everyone...I made the call 3 years ago of him going undefeated a good decade ,I don't see it changing really.

Comment

Apparently his manager said not yet.

Comment

I don't like what Wlad is doing since a while now. But he may be able to turn the fight into an ugly clinch fest, while Joshua is too green and I don't know how strong he might be into the second part of the fight. Anyway, if lucky enough, Joshua could KO old Wlad cold early as well.
                    Just like Wlad could KO AJ if he goes to rekcless i think its fight of two robots if one Robot land its gameover in 90% of situations,thats why is exaiting,But GGG should fight 10th Dec to so idk what is going on.

Comment

You mean Sky Sports and HBO Sports? Didn't they do well together with the GGG vs Brook fight?
                      Nope. Hearn mentioned that Joshua is with Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X