Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Starts Training Camp Next Week For 12/10, Says Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    why do you folks insist on the crazy notion that because Haymon overpaid Jacobs for 1 fight, the rest of the boxing industry has to continue that practice until the end of time? Other than "but but but Quillin doe", you cant make a cohesive argument as to what Jacobs brings to the dance that would warrant a multi-million payday.

Based on gate and viewership numbers, Jacobs market value is more in keeping with the $500k or so that he just got for the Mora rematch, and even that was generous.
    If we weren't in such a hurry to see Golovkin fight some good fights, I'd say let the PBC continue to bleed out and Danny can go pan-handle with Gary Russell.

Comment

wrong. Both Cotto and Alvarez made well over $10 million. And of course Oscar did, but that goes without saying
      True! I just don't understand why Jacobs doesn't take the fight win and then HE gets the 75/25 split in a rematch??? I think according to WBA own rules?

Same for GGG take the easy $10,000,000. Everyone already thinks it's an easy fight for GGG.

GGG stock would sky rocket with a win over Canelo.

Jacobs would be an over night legend if he beat GGG

I just don't see the lose, lose strategy in either fight?

Both fights are arguing about $$$.

Comment

why do you folks insist on the crazy notion that because Haymon overpaid Jacobs for 1 fight, the rest of the boxing industry has to continue that practice until the end of time? Other than "but but but Quillin doe", you cant make a cohesive argument as to what Jacobs brings to the dance that would warrant a multi-million payday.

Based on gate and viewership numbers, Jacobs market value is more in keeping with the $500k or so that he just got for the Mora rematch, and even that was generous.
        Because everyone is dreading seeing option "B" for GGG. I'm not gonna watch another mismatch. I don't watch sht fights. Waste of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          True! I just don't understand why Jacobs doesn't take the fight win and then HE gets the 75/25 split in a rematch??? I think according to WBA own rules?

Same for GGG take the easy $10,000,000. Everyone already thinks it's an easy fight for GGG.

GGG stock would sky rocket with a win over Canelo.

Jacobs would be an over night legend if he beat GGG

I just don't see the lose, lose strategy in either fight?

Both fights are arguing about $$$.
          neither fighter is going hungry or destitute, so they dont feel the need to budge on their current positions. They both believe they are worth the money they are asking for.

The main difference is that when you look at the figures, one guy is delusional (Jacobs), and one guy is actually correct (GGG)

Comment

So what's the incentive to fight GGG? He can make what GGG's wanting to pay with easier opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              So what's the incentive to fight GGG? He can make what GGG's wanting to pay with easier opponents.
              3 world titles, credibility, a guaranteed canelo shot, and the recognition as the #1 middleweight in the world.

and no he cant make what is being offered with other opponents. He can only make $500k like he just did vs Mora

Comment

Belts? Dignity? Self respect?

Comment

Well, as a boxer we can only hope that his goal is to reach a pinnacle, which would be to beat The Man in his weight class. Even is he turns out to be a no-heart/David Haye type, getting GGG's belts would be highly profitable for him. He'd get the big end of the split in what would be a huge rematch, and his brand goes up.

Comment

3 world titles, credibility, a guaranteed canelo shot, and the recognition as the #1 middleweight in the world.

and no he cant make what is being offered with other opponents. He can only make $500k like he just did vs Mora
                    Who cares about belts? This is business. If I can make similar money fighting the Mora's of the world that I can fighting GGG, I'm fighting the Moras until I either no linger can. Or, until GGG (or any tough opponent) makes me more money. GGG does the same thing. When its GGG, its business. When guys turn around and do it to GGG, yall yap about all this honor and glory garbage. You and your kind are pure hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassknuckles View Post
                      Ggg;overated , From what I can see ggg cannot beat a pure boxer that can move and slip, Jacobs has more than a punchers chance if he moves and stays busy.
                      Proksa....slick boxer, mover - GOT DESTROYED

Monroe Jr......slick boxer, mover - GOT DESTROYED

Rosado.......slick boxer, mover - GOT DESTROYED

Brook........slick boxer, mover - GOT DESTROYED

Yup, GGG be strugglin against dem boxers!!

Comment

Working...
                      X