Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Starts Training Camp Next Week For 12/10, Says Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Manny Pacquaio was the second biggest draw of the previous era, and one of the biggest earners ever. A good percentage of his biggest, PPV fights there was no belt on the line, and nobody gave a ****.

The second biggeat fight last year, Canelo-Cotto. Cotto vacated his belt the week of the fight. Nobody have a ****. Still did big business.

If GGG would go out and fight some opponents that people actually think have a chance of beating him, it would sell. Instead of chasing bums with meaningless paper trinkets.
    yup, belts dont matter.......

Comment

He's gonna fight either Ramirez or Saunders I'm calling it

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        $3 million is a lil much but if it's for something you want like the LAST title you pay for it. He could always make up the $$$$$$$ later with Canelo. I just don't understand boxing politics? I would rather see a fight with those two then paying some can $500K!
        A bit much? That probably ends up being a loss for the promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          Question for all you GGG belt-w.hores. most of yall b1tched and moaned about who Floyd fought and didn't. And most of the fights yall b1tched about were either unifications, mandatories, or he was challenging a beltholder. If what GGG is doing is so amazing, why wasn't it amazing when Floyd did it?

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            Question for all you GGG belt-w.hores. most of yall b1tched and moaned about who Floyd fought and didn't. And most of the fights yall b1tched about were either unifications, mandatories, or he was challenging a beltholder. If what GGG is doing is so amazing, why wasn't it amazing when Floyd did it?
            Pacquiao 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              $3 million is a lil much but if it's for something you want like the LAST title you pay for it. He could always make up the $$$$$$$ later with Canelo. I just don't understand boxing politics? I would rather see a fight with those two then paying some can $500K!
              Its not the last title, Jacobs is a mandatory defense.

GGG already has the WBA belt, Jacobs has the WBA regular belt, which just means he is the #1 contender.

Comment

Willie Monroe's & Dominic Wade's are big business nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  It only matters when they talk about their favorite fighter. Mayweather beat x amount of champions, moved x amount of times and won the title. Hopkins unified. Not too golovkin though.

Comment

Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
                    Pacquiao 2.0
                    Pacquaio: unification

Maidana I: unification

Canelo: unification

Guerrero: mandatory

Cotto: Floyd challenged him for WBA belt

Ortiz: Floyd challenged him for WBC belt

Mosley: reigning WBA champ

De la Hoya: Floyd challenged him for WBC belt

Baldomir: Floyd challenged him for WBC belt

Judah: Floyd challenged him for IBF belt

Gatti: Floyd challenged him for WBC belt

Bruseles: WBC eliminator

Chop Chop: WBC eliminator

And I can go on and on, but you get the point. These same guys who stroke GGG for all his belt nonsense. Are many of the same guys that criticize Floyd. Yet damn near every fight of Floyd's career had some kinda belt implication. Whether it was a unification, challenging a reigning champion, or making a mandatory defense. So how is what GGG is doing a great thing, and Floyd waa a ducker, cherry picker, etc???

Comment

jacobs fights ggg and win or loose, he wins.

if he doesn't he is killing his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X