Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Jacobs vs GGG would be huge in Brooklyn...but K2 won't risk it.
    They're asking for a purse bid because they don't want the fight? It seems like Jacobs is the one who doesn't want to risk it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      with the ONLY difference being.... that they split the pot fairly with the unknown, undeserving, welterweight, Kell Brook

and the only reason why they did that is because they actually wanted to fight Brook

if Jacobs vacates, like Canelo did...... this will be yet another example where Team Bull**** could have done MUCH more to make the fight..... but they chose not to.
      You've brought up brook 500 times in this one thread but you forgot that they fought in his hometown? Brook was the reason they went to the UK and I think your not realizing that Brook being an undefeated fighter helped. Jacob's last fight was a rematch with a journeyman that even Danny admitted was a shitty fight.

Jacobs ain't never getting on PPV or a big fight. GGG is his best shot or he can fight Quillin again but no one's gonna watch.

He should take the 25% and hope that he beats GGG, this mentality that you have where you think Danny deserves more money because he will lose is a loser's mentality. If he believed in his ability, he would take the chance and be great.

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
      All these ignorant street f@gg0ts praying GGG vacates a belt.
      "PAY JAKE WUT HE WORF DOE!" lol bunch of garbage can mother****ers
      HaHaHaHa

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        with the ONLY difference being.... that they split the pot fairly with the unknown, undeserving, welterweight, Kell Brook

and the only reason why they did that is because they actually wanted to fight Brook

if Jacobs vacates, like Canelo did...... this will be yet another example where Team Bull**** could have done MUCH more to make the fight..... but they chose not to.
        The situations are quite different, it was Matchroom and the British market that was paying for the Brook fight. K2 / Golovkin was not in the driving seat, it was more about him accepting a generous offer than being 'fair'.

What is 'fair' in this situation? I'd say 70/30 or 65/35 for Golovkin, but I suspect that's not the problem here, I think regardless of split Jacobs is not gonna get paid what he believes the fight is worth. IDK, it's down to him I guess. A purse bid will probably net Jacobs sub $1 mil at 25%, but a win would have major consequences.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-07-2016, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          They actually negotiated a deal with Eubank Jnr, remember? Brook was brought in as replacement by Hearn after he agreed to sign for the exact same tems the Eubank's first agreed to, then turned down.

Right, it took 2 days for Golovkin to agree to give Brook the exact same split that he was willing to give Eubank..... right?

So, tell me..... why the fk is he unwilling to give Jacobs the exact same split that he was willing to give Eubank/Brook..... or even close?

And no, don't try to tell me that Brook is a lucrative cash-cow opponent, because we already exposed that myth..... and NO, don't try to tell me that Golovkin/Jacobs wouldn't generate enough to offer more than "Quillin money", because you know that aint true either.

they split fairly with Hearn, because they wanted that fight

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            No they didn't pass on the fight. They said they wanted a share of the revenue rather than a flat fee. Different thing entirely.

they PASSED LMAOOOOOOO

the negotiation ended, because they refused an offer of 10mil

/story

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              What rival promoter has complained they're hard to work with? Even when Canelo was dropping the belt, we didn't hear anything about them being difficult. Hearn, Arum all say they're the easiest team to work with

you 5-minute fans wouldn't have a clue

EVERY Klitschko opponent for the last DECADE has complained about being low-balled, and mentioned that K2 are notoriously difficult to deal with.

The deal they originally offered Haye was one of the most circus-like offers I have EVER heard..... that 3-fight, 2-brother deal, was beyond absurd.

Golovkin is either a total hypejob, or a fkn moron, for killing that fight because he thought that 10mil was not enough money.

absurd !

#biznessmandoe

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Cool man. Yeah I know about Wlad but these are whole different teams. Wlad and Boente run the show in Europe, Loeffler in the States.

they are all reading from the same book

let's not spin anymore weak excuses

they could have taken that 10mil offer, but they decided not to..... just like they could have split the pot more fairly with Jacobs, but they decided not to

Comment

• Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                  You've brought up brook 500 times in this one thread but you forgot that they fought in his hometown? Brook was the reason they went to the UK and I think your not realizing that Brook being an undefeated fighter helped. Jacob's last fight was a rematch with a journeyman that even Danny admitted was a shitty fight.

Jacobs ain't never getting on PPV or a big fight. GGG is his best shot or he can fight Quillin again but no one's gonna watch.

He should take the 25% and hope that he beats GGG, this mentality that you have where you think Danny deserves more money because he will lose is a loser's mentality. If he believed in his ability, he would take the chance and be great.

HaHaHaHa

rubbish eddie, they went to the UK for Eubank

get your story straight

and btw, if you really did notice that I "have brought up brook 500 times in this one thread", then you must have also noticed that we already popped that "Brook is a cashcow" bubble

NOBODY has ever referred to Brook as a lucrative opponent, NOBODY

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  The situations are quite different, it was Matchroom and the British market that was paying for the Brook fight. K2 / Golovkin was not in the driving seat, it was more about him accepting a generous offer than being 'fair'.

What is 'fair' in this situation? I'd say 70/30 or 65/35 for Golovkin, but I suspect that's not the problem here, I think regardless of split Jacobs is not gonna get paid what he believes the fight is worth. IDK, it's down to him I guess. A purse bid will probably net Jacobs sub $1 mil at 25%, but a win would have major consequences.

see above

my point is this..... those class clowns are desperate for exposure, and yet they turned down 10mil to fight the little red kid..... wtf??????????

FACT: they have never landed a meaningful EVER, they look to be avoiding them

and now, you really think that they are negotiating in good faith with Jacobs, despite first offering him Quillin-money, and then forcing an early purse-bid?

come on, you guys don't believe that..... so no point trying to spin it to me

Comment

• Meh. Don't care for this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      ''Meh. Don't care for this fight.'' - Loeffler
                      and fixed!

Comment

Working...
                      X