Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think anyone is suprised. We knew Golovkin would duck Jacobs. Way too much of a risk. Loeffler knows Jacobs is worth more than 25% and they are purposely low balling him to avoid the fight. They are doing what they accused Canelo of doing when they said he would offer 2 million only to be exposed when GBP gave them 10 million. Grovelkin is a power punching scardy cat. The toughest camp to make fights with. If you aren't an easy fight they will not get a deal done. We have seen it over and over again repeatedly.

Comment

• Jacobs is not gona fight him, he knows he will get punished n no more easy money

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I thought this fight was signed and sealed...who's fault is all of this? If i's Loefller, GGG really needs to fire him. How can you let Cotto, Canelo, Jacobs all slip by?
        lol, they didn't slip by, they all ran away

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          If GGG is such a huge draw that he can generate $4 million+ for both himself and an unknown WW, in a foreign country, then why does he need Jacobs enough to want to pay him more than his mandated 25% split?

And if he is actually Mr 97k, the PPV flop, then from where are K2 going to get the money to pay Jacobs what he's asking for?
          Kell Brook is a huge attraction in the UK. Unknown welterweight? HAHAHA! Brook generated that attraction in the UK. Golovkin piggy backed off Brook there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            so getting 1.5 millions dollars for a fight that hardly did 400k (386k) is not being overpaid? ok, i need new parameters i guess
            It was a fight against Quillin, and at the time it was one of the best MW fights that could be made. Dont be daft. You arent overpaid for fighting a top 3 MW.
            Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 10-06-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              That's not true. What he IMMEDIATELY did was vacate his belt instead of defending it, and he only made the $10 million offer to GGG after his PPV with Smith flopped and Golovkin had made career high money for fighting Brook.
              They made that 10mil offer 30days before both fought

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Was there any extra ***** holding that match-up back? Both are HBO and the promoters/managers don't seem to have a problem with each other. Any time an HBO and a PBC fighter are matched up, the probability for drama increases.
                True and that is a problem in boxing, this "DIVIDE". The fight that we don't expect certain match ups because guys are with different sides that is not good for the sport at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                  I don't think anyone is suprised. We knew Golovkin would duck Jacobs. Way too much of a risk. Loeffler knows Jacobs is worth more than 25% and they are purposely low balling him to avoid the fight. They are doing what they accused Canelo of doing when they said he would offer 2 million only to be exposed when GBP gave them 10 million. Grovelkin is a power punching scardy cat. The toughest camp to make fights with. If you aren't an easy fight they will not get a deal done. We have seen it over and over again repeatedly.
                  So going to a purse bid because you can't negotiate a deal with a mandatory challenger is now ducking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    It was a fight against Quillin, and at the time it was one of the best MW fights that could be made. Dont be daft. You arent overpaid for fighting a top 3 MW.
                    ok, so i assume the whole show was a success and that showtime made a profit out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
                      They made that 10mil offer 30days before both fought
                      I don't know if that's true or not. I do know they didn't make it IMMEDIATELY ... as in before vacating the belt instead of agreeing to defend it last Sept, which is what was mandated by the WBC.

Comment

Working...
                      X