Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG wants more money to fight Canelo than Canelo and Cotto got to fight Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
    OP is either illiterate or deliberately lying. The article does not say Loeffler proposed a 60/40 split.
    Both articles say Loeffler says he's looking for a deal like May/Pac 60/40 split. And like I stated in my original post. Ten mil is more than Canelo & Cotto made fighting Floyd. Neither one of these fighters are bigger than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Canelo was guaranteed $5 mil and with the PPV upside he got $12 mil. The $12 million was based off the fight doing 2.6 mil PPV's The fight ended up doing 2.2 million PPV's

Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions speculated that this fight could earn 2.6 million PPV buys

Canelo had fought at a split site on Floyd's undercard. He sold out the Staples center while Floyd fought in Vegas. Then he fought Mosley on Floyd's undercard for Cotto which did 1.5 mil PPV buys. Then he did 14,000 at the MGM Grand against Josesito Lopez. Then he sold out Alamodome fighting Trout where he put 40,000 people in the seats.

Cotto was guaranteed $8 mil with a possiblity of over $10 mil from the PPV upside

There's no need to feel sorry for Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto after his loss to Mayweather Saturday night, especially considering that the 31-year-old will walk away with a guaranteed $8 million, which could potentially increase to $10 million once pay-per-view sales are factored in

Coming into the fight Cotto had did 1.2 mill PPV against Pacquiao and 600k PPV against Margarito II. Cotto had put 22,000 people in the stands at Yankee Stadium against Yuri Foreman. Sold out MGM against Margarito I. He'd done so well that MGM and MSG had a bidding war to bring him back for the Margarito rematch. His MSG gate for the Margarito rematch doubled Golovkin's fight against Lemieux although Lemieux v. Golovkin had slightly more people. And his PPV vs Margarito did 600k compared to Golovkins 150k.

Golovkin wants at least $10 mil and 40% of the PPV. Do you guys see how unreasonable this is now?

GGG is delusional....his team is out of touch.

Golovkin must be getting punchy.

$10 mil and 40%...There is nowhere else he can go and make 1/10 of that without Canelo.

He must be really serious about protecting that 0.....and those ribs.

Comment

Both articles say Loeffler says he's looking for a deal like May/Pac 60/40 split. And like I stated in my original post. Ten mil is more than Canelo & Cotto made fighting Floyd. Neither one of these fighters are bigger than Floyd.
        Good to see you caught and corrected your mistake. He wants a deal based on a split like May/Pac, not a flat fee. The actual percentage he proposed isn't listed in the article.

Comment

Good to see you caught and corrected your mistake. He wants a deal based on a split like May/Pac, not a flat fee. The actual percentage he proposed isn't listed in the article.
          40% is way above what GGG is accountable for.

Canelo will be the one selling the PPV's.

They have to cut that 40 in half to even make a rational case for themselves..

Comment

They sent him an eight digit fee and a percentage of the PPV. They want a higher percentage. And like I said. The eight figure fee is more than Canelo made against Floyd. For some reason you keep ignoring that part

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              40% is way above what GGG is accountable for.

Canelo will be the one selling the PPV's.

They have to cut that 40 in half to even make a rational case for themselves..
              The article doesn't mention the proposed split, OP made it up.

Comment

60-30 winner gets the other 10
                Fight weight 158

Comment

They sent him an eight digit fee and a percentage of the PPV. They want a higher percentage. And like I said. The eight figure fee is more than Canelo made against Floyd. For some reason you keep ignoring that part
                  Who cares what he earned vs Floyd? That has absolutely nothing to do with this fight.

Comment

Even with the $10 mil flat fee that's more than what Canelo made against Floyd!!!!

http://moneynation.com/how-much-mone...-alvarez-make/
                    Not sure why you quoted me, but Great!!

Comment

Who cares what he earned vs Floyd? That has absolutely nothing to do with this fight.
                      you have no idea what youre talking about

Comment

Working...
                      X