Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG wants more money to fight Canelo than Canelo and Cotto got to fight Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    How is the lineal MW champ making a concession by fighting at MW?
    Did he win the lineal title at 160? NO! There is no mandatory so he isn't obligated to fight at the full 160. He could fight at 157, he just made 154 so I'm sure he could make 157. Hopkins and Martinez fought below the 160 limit to make fights with De La Hoya and Cotto.

Comment

look people, they both need each other.
      Canelo gets KO'd.

We have to very obnoxious sides on this page, the super haters and the super fans.

I am tired of wanting to read about boxing just tor read misleading points, not facts.

Let's talk boxing, not s h i t all day

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Lets just call it 300k for Canelo and 150k GGG. The math is'nt hard to sort out.

70/30 or better and GGG should take the fight imo or its as good as duck as far as I'm concerned.

Anything less than that and its on Canelo and GBP.

Both need each other if they want a huge payday.
        70/30 is a fair split but I think GGG should have to make weight concessions too just to level the playing field as he is clearly the heavier handed and more skilled, he's blown middle weight apart and all the while Canelo hasn't even fought a legit middle yet.

Comment

And why do we care how much these mutherfvckers make??

Comment

70/30 Canelo's favor is the fear deal, GGG is the unified champion.. Anything away from that is a way of ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Canelo was guaranteed $5 mil and with the PPV upside he got $12 mil. The $12 million was based off the fight doing 2.6 mil PPV's The fight ended up doing 2.2 million PPV's

Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions speculated that this fight could earn 2.6 million PPV buys

Canelo had fought at a split site on Floyd's undercard. He sold out the Staples center while Floyd fought in Vegas. Then he fought Mosley on Floyd's undercard for Cotto which did 1.5 mil PPV buys. Then he did 14,000 at the MGM Grand against Josesito Lopez. Then he sold out Alamodome fighting Trout where he put 40,000 people in the seats.

Cotto was guaranteed $8 mil with a possiblity of over $10 mil from the PPV upside

There's no need to feel sorry for Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto after his loss to Mayweather Saturday night, especially considering that the 31-year-old will walk away with a guaranteed $8 million, which could potentially increase to $10 million once pay-per-view sales are factored in

Coming into the fight Cotto had did 1.2 mill PPV against Pacquiao and 600k PPV against Margarito II. Cotto had put 22,000 people in the stands at Yankee Stadium against Yuri Foreman. Sold out MGM against Margarito I. He'd done so well that MGM and MSG had a bidding war to bring him back for the Margarito rematch. His MSG gate for the Margarito rematch doubled Golovkin's fight against Lemieux although Lemieux v. Golovkin had slightly more people. And his PPV vs Margarito did 600k compared to Golovkins 150k.

Golovkin wants at least $10 mil and 40% of the PPV. Do you guys see how unreasonable this is now?
              This is it, end of discussion.

GGG is pricing himself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                70/30 is a fair split but I think GGG should have to make weight concessions too just to level the playing field as he is clearly the heavier handed and more skilled, he's blown middle weight apart and all the while Canelo hasn't even fought a legit middle yet.
                I really don't care either way on the weight as long as they are'nt asking for 155. Prefer it at 160, hate catch weights, but whatever gets them in the ring at this point.

Comment

Canelo was guaranteed $5 mil and with the PPV upside he got $12 mil. The $12 million was based off the fight doing 2.6 mil PPV's The fight ended up doing 2.2 million PPV's

Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions speculated that this fight could earn 2.6 million PPV buys

Canelo had fought at a split site on Floyd's undercard. He sold out the Staples center while Floyd fought in Vegas. Then he fought Mosley on Floyd's undercard for Cotto which did 1.5 mil PPV buys. Then he did 14,000 at the MGM Grand against Josesito Lopez. Then he sold out Alamodome fighting Trout where he put 40,000 people in the seats.

Cotto was guaranteed $8 mil with a possiblity of over $10 mil from the PPV upside

There's no need to feel sorry for Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto after his loss to Mayweather Saturday night, especially considering that the 31-year-old will walk away with a guaranteed $8 million, which could potentially increase to $10 million once pay-per-view sales are factored in

Coming into the fight Cotto had did 1.2 mill PPV against Pacquiao and 600k PPV against Margarito II. Cotto had put 22,000 people in the stands at Yankee Stadium against Yuri Foreman. Sold out MGM against Margarito I. He'd done so well that MGM and MSG had a bidding war to bring him back for the Margarito rematch. His MSG gate for the Margarito rematch doubled Golovkin's fight against Lemieux although Lemieux v. Golovkin had slightly more people. And his PPV vs Margarito did 600k compared to Golovkins 150k.

Golovkin wants at least $10 mil and 40% of the PPV. Do you guys see how unreasonable this is now?
                  Do you even know what the original offer was? How about the counter offer? Seems like to me your just throwing random numbers out there to make another hate thread. If you've seen the offer I would like to see it too.

Comment

Mayweather never did pay his opponents very much. That was then and this is now. Khan recently made a reported 14 million to get KOed by Canelo. That makes Oscar's offer of 10 million to GGG to fight Canelo a long long time from now look pretty small. GGG's team wants a simple 60-40 split in Canelo's favor of all money paid to the boxers. That might be high but a 65-35 split in Canelo's favor sounds fair to me. It would mean a lot more money for GGG. Canelo is his biggest money fight but he can do OK without that fight if they don't give him what he is worth.

Comment

Lol it's not $10M + 40%, that would be more than Canelo would make. They just want a money split of the PPV and Gate. GBP is offering $10M + a small amount of PPV upside, which would likely go up to maybe 11 or 12M.

K2 just wants a money split. Also they didn't say 40%, they could take 35%.

Comment

Working...
                      X