Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG wants more money to fight Canelo than Canelo and Cotto got to fight Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Did he win the lineal title at 160? NO! There is no mandatory so he isn't obligated to fight at the full 160. He could fight at 157, he just made 154 so I'm sure he could make 157. Hopkins and Martinez fought below the 160 limit to make fights with De La Hoya and Cotto.
    Wasn't Hopkins and Martinez the champs? And wasn't Oscar and Cotto the smaller guys moving up to challenge? That's not the case here though. We have the champ acting like he's the little guy, if he wants to demand a catch. We got 2 MW champs. How the hell should that be at anything but the MW limit? That's some b itch sh it Canelo is on. How can you sit here and defend b itch sh it? Do you really believe that 2 champs should be fighting at some weak azz catch? Have some pride in the integrity of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
      70/30 is a fair split but I think GGG should have to make weight concessions too just to level the playing field as he is clearly the heavier handed and more skilled, he's blown middle weight apart and all the while Canelo hasn't even fought a legit middle yet.
      It sounds like you are saying GGG should be handicapped for being heavier handed and more skilled. It doesn't work that way. Boxers don't have to make concessions for being too good. If the fight is for a middleweight title it should be at the standard, correct and traditional 160 pounds.

Comment

thats becsause floyd always low ball his opponents. chino only got $1.5mil in the first and then $3mil in the rematch, not including ppv.

when floyd is getting a guaranteed of $32mil its not hard why canelo and cotto ended up with those numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          How much did GGG crack with a guy who was more known than Smith?
          Cut it out. Nobody knew who "LeMule" (that was the nickname being thrown around right? "Uh, how do you spell his name?)was until he signed to fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            I really don't care either way on the weight as long as they are'nt asking for 155. Prefer it at 160, hate catch weights, but whatever gets them in the ring at this point.
            I don't see it being competitive at that weight as I wouldn't see GGG vs Ward being competitive without Ward having to come in at 171-172 just to offset the handicap to benefit the less skilled less powered man, in Ward vs GGG case I mean the natural height reach and weight discrepancies. A catch should be there to level the playing field not hinder a fight and be it he succumb to a dangerous injury, in fact if I'm honest I have no desire to see Canleo vs GGG, GGG kills him at any weight not 154-55.

Comment

i thought demanding more money was a beetch move.....i guess it matters on whos doing the beetching.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                It sounds like you are saying GGG should be handicapped for being heavier handed and more skilled. It doesn't work that way. Boxers don't have to make concessions for being too good. If the fight is for a middleweight title it should be at the standard, correct and traditional 160 pounds.
                To make it competitive, which lets be honest GGG hasn't had a competitive fight in an eon now. I've give him enough passes but fighting the guy who hasn't the belt, the belt he demanded he give him unless he wanted to fight in which he then gave him the belt tells you everything you need to know about the belief of the guy handing his belt over like a grade A b1tch.

I couldn't agree more, I haven't any desire for this fight anyway should it take place I'd like a handicap to offset the odds and make it more of an even fight.

Comment

70/30 is too much for Lil G if he is already getting 10 million as the base.

75/25 is more reasonable. That's

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    And why do we care how much these mutherfvckers make??

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    Lol it's not $10M + 40%, that would be more than Canelo would make. They just want a money split of the PPV and Gate. GBP is offering $10M + a small amount of PPV upside, which would likely go up to maybe 11 or 12M.

K2 just wants a money split. Also they didn't say 40%, they could take 35%.
                    Even with the $10 mil flat fee that's more than what Canelo made against Floyd!!!!

http://moneynation.com/how-much-mone...-alvarez-make/

Comment

people don't realize how funny this is. This negotiating drama is going to GROW as all industry and boxers will start to talk about Golovkin's ridiculous demands.

Comment

Working...
                      X