Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Yep. GGG's team needs to realize their star fighter isn't close to the ratio Pac was to Floydie. GGGs PPV vs Lemieux was a disaster. And saying he's a big draw... vs saying Canelo is a big draw... no comparison. GGG did little to bring in that many buttskis in England... while Canelo brought the vast majority of buttskis to Jerryworld last week. A fair split would be 10-15 mil for GGG, or 70/30 in Canelo's favor. Anything else is just overpaying for GGG.
    It's has to be a split because it could do very well with ppv numbers .....it could do a million for sure and there is an awful lot of interest and controversy about this fight taking place...canelo is the big draw and we all know that and 70-30 is a fair number with what you've just said and 1 million buys that's 70 million revenue.....golovkin getting 10 mil and canelo getting 60 mil is not a fair split ....70-30 is better because it's done on the numbers of the ppv....and there's not one person on boxing scene that if the fights signed would not buy the the ppv...everybody is wanting this fight to happen...that equates to big numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Rysandro View Post
      Canelo vs Angulo still did 2-3x more than the best GGG can do

Angulo

Angulo

Angulo

Hahahahahajjaa

Mr92k hahaha
      You'd hope for some growth from him but he seems to be going backwards. What do you think Glaser reports for this next one? How about Monroe, Lemieux and whatever else is in the pipeline?

Comment

• I wouldn't give GGG anything more than a 80/20 or 75/25 split. Canelo is overrated as a draw, but he is still clearly the A-side here. Golovkin and/or his team don't seem to grasp that.

Comment

• Oscar/GB said they were open to negotiations, so why not try to negotiate? If he ends up getting 10M and 1% of PPV then that's better than 10M.

Maybe they are willing to take 70/30 and are offering 60/40 in hope that they end up countered back at 70/30.

Who knows, but if someone gives you an offer and says it's open for negotiation, you'd be an idiot not to negotiate to get more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            They are just haters, or Canelo fans. In the U.S. the majority of boxing fans seem to be black racial supremacist types, who only watch boxing to see black people "beat" races they don't like, or Mexicans who obviously have a bias towards Canelo in many cases.

But even outside of Canelo, there are a lot of racially biased fans who just don't like seeing white fighters ruling the sport like Kovalev and GGG. They don't even like seeing any non-black fighter ruling the sport which is why you see the vitriol towards Chocolatito. I mean with GGG there was at least the Ward dispute, and he's become a big star so there's polarization, you can at least find excuses for why people might not like him. But Chocolatito is just this little unassuming guy who went up four divisions, never trash talks, extremely skilled, always in entertaining fights. There is literally nothing to dislike about him but you see the vitriol anyway because it's just about race to some of these "fans" and they see Chocolatito as just another guy who is an obstacle to black fighters being the best.

I never understood this until the last year. Before I was always like, no one actually likes Floyd, right? Everyone is just buying his PPVs to see him lose, right? But then you saw these TMT rallies where he had all these black fans there, and it was clear some people actually liked him. I was like how could anyone root for this boring cherry picker over an exciting fighter like Pacquiao who fought everyone and was the guy actually trying to deliver to fans the fight we wanted to see, as opposed to Floyd who was the obstacle to making that fight? Like why would anyone favor the person keeping them from getting what they want over the person trying to help them get what they want?

That was my first clue. And then when GGG and Kovalev came along, it became extremely obvious. GGG like Chocolatito just this nice guy, trying to give fans all the best fights, extremely entertaining, but they just hated him for no reason, because of his skin color. Meanwhile Andre Ward barely fought for five years, he kept trying to breach his lawful contract with the promoter who helped make him a star, just extremely shady. The courts kept saying the contract was lawful but he just kept trying to screw his promoter anyway. He wasn't delivering any top level fights, and the fights he did have were stylistically awful to watch. He was literally delivering nothing of value to fans and yet these same fans loved him. I didn't understand it back then but now it makes perfect sense. It's a race obsession to them. But if Ward loses to Kovalev, you will suddenly see them claiming that actually Ward is half white, and he never counted as black anyway. I'm serious that's how obsessed some of these fans are with race. When Kovalev and GGG succeed, they try to convince themselves these guys aren't white. I've seen all sorts of racial purity theorizing about them trying to delegitimatize their whiteness. It's crazy. And then if mixed fighters like Ward don't succeed, suddenly they will try to delegitimize their blackness. It's crazy. Before GGG fought Stevens, you saw many of them picking Stevens, rooting for Stevens. Afterwards I literally saw comments saying "he doesn't count as a real black fighter" because "he's not on the top level."

It's just racial stupidity is what it is. Why can't people just come together as humans and have a meritocracy, which is what the USA is supposed to be? Support the people who deserve it on merit, instead of supporting people on the basis of color.
            I've always wondered the same but don't like getting into such a touchy subject. Take a look at other boxing websites or anything boxing in particular and look for people's profiles pictures. Read the comments they post and you can draw a conclusion most of the time. It's always going to be this way because racism is always going to be there. Just be greatful for your logic (no pun) and enjoy boxing because you like it, not because you feel the need to have a boxer of your race on a pedestal.

Comment

• Golovkin-Canelo purse

They should take 30 percent each and the remaining 40, they should spread among all the sacrificial lambs that were fed to them so they looked good at the beginning of their careers.

Every rising prospect would go nowhere without all those poor bastards the promoters find for them to look good against.

Comment

• 60/40 is ridiculous. To be fair I think k2 knows that but is just in the negotiation faze. You start with more than what you're willing to go down to and work your way from there.

Comment

• I would say this is par for the course. If businessmen were businessmen and kept their negotiations behind closed doors until a deal was done this wouldn't be a story, a counter-offer in a negotiation isn't groundbreaking. But because our favorite word as fans seems to be ducking, now everyone feels compelled to discuss what this fighter or that fighter turned down leading to nothing but conjecture.

We're not seeing anything these promoters are not, canelo clearly has fought the better competition and sold more ppvs, ggg will counter with the fact that he will offer him possibly a unified title in a bigger division and will push to be one of canelos biggest fights. Hopefully they'll come to an agreement but for such bitterness to be spread amongst us fans over another man's dollars and cents is ridiculous.
                  Last edited by TheUptownKid; 09-22-2016, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• So ggg priced himself out.

At most, he deserves 30 percent. In reality, he should just accept the 8 figures providing they didn't look to weaken him in the ring.
                    Last edited by FeFist; 09-22-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                      You are nothing but a biased, clueless hater.

Wade was a mandatory ******.

He's now targeting Jacobs and it has a good chance of happening next.

BJS is also now willing to come to the table.

Where does Canelo go from here? He ain't fighting Andrade is he? And if he gives the belt up, he'll have to move up to MW or get ridiculed. He's also injured. So paint me a picture. What if GG obtains Jacobs and BJS' belts? Then what? GG would have all of the belts and who else at MW could Canelo fight? The pressure to fight GG will be unbearable.

Now tell me how the **** he's trying to a kill a fight by asking for an overal, percentage? That overall percentage can be in Canelo's favour.

You probably think Floyd was being genuine with his flat fee to Manny.

You think K2 have been the roadblock since day 1? Ha! GTFOH.

This forum is a cesspit.
                      That's a lot of ifs. I'm pretty sure Canelo would fight which ever one GGG doesn't fight out of Jacobs and Saunders. Canelo had aleady mentioned Saunders as a possible opponent for December before his hand got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X