Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had Jacobs up by 3 rounds but I don't think it's a robbery.

Fights are subjective. Look how Steve Wisefield scored the fight for Ruslan vs Chris Alegri when standing in for Harry Ledermans unofficial judging role on HBO. To me he doesn't know anything about scoring a fight apart from reading a textbook and going on "courses". I'm not surprised about the outcome. They say American judges can be a suckered by aggression, effective or ineffective.

GGG, barring the KD, was schooled in my eyes & rendered ineffective.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      The hbo guys sound ridiculous trying to spin this positively. I was expecting the same post fight opinions given after Ward v kov.
      They would have to be objective for that to happen.

It's the same reason they kept harping about Jacobs' weight but gave Lemieux a pass when he did the same thing last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
        Yea mate, I watched it on boxnation and they were just hyping Jacobs. Guy didn't even have a jab, just flickering his arm and his punches were mostly on Golovkin's arms. Golovkin clearly landed the harder, cleaner and more blows than Jacobs.
        You can't score Jabobs stupid arm jab as the same way you score GGG's stiff jab whc popped his head back all fight long.
        exactly, those elbow flurries were doing nothing. what were people watching?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          Yea mate, I watched it on boxnation and they were just hyping Jacobs. Guy didn't even have a jab, just flickering his arm and his punches were mostly on Golovkin's arms. Golovkin clearly landed the harder, cleaner and more blows than Jacobs.
          You can't score Jabobs stupid arm jab as the same way you score GGG's stiff jab whc popped his head back all fight long.
          Wtf were u watching...his body shots were bothering GGG all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by -kev- View Post
            lol are you 3 different people? How can you have a fighter win an sd?
            loooooooooooool

Comment

• The brothas were getting too emotional because Jacobs was surviving in the fight.

GG was outboxing him, peppering him with dat jab and making him twerk all over the place.

GGG carried Jacobs out of pity, Jacobs knows this, he'll lose a rematch.

Comment

• I might have to eat some crow. Didn't see the fight and I'm surprised that Danny went the distance and by some accounts won.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  RG was the busier fighter by far, but he couldnt hurt the guy at all. Rungvisai just wasnt bothered and when he started working on the cut RG was hating it.

I had Rungvisai up by two going into the twelfth round so.. judges got it right IMO.
                  he clear hurt him with a left to the body in the early rounds

Comment

• It was a close fight. GGG took the early and late rounds. KD was the difference.
                    Size advantage definitely worked for Jacobs but I was surprised he was dead tired at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                      Let's see if canelo grows some nuts.
                      Are u guys still ignoring the fact that its ggg who hasn't accepted the fight?

Canelo will work ggg over no doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X