No announcement yet.

Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Careful, the polls don't actually close, some of those can be frauds. I think posters can keep voting. But Brobob collects the picks before the fight starts so any votes after the bell rings don't count. Maybe he changed it to close now, but for the last pick em poll I saw posters continue to vote after the fight.
    You're right.

Raaonic and Thurman added themselves.

Comment

• Jacobs looked much, much better than Ward did!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        I'll rewatch the fight tomorrow, but at first glance I think Golovkin lost. His jab was superb, but he was not the one landing harder punches most of the night. I also don't think he won the 12th. He came out aggressive, but he ate a TON of shots from Danny towards the end.
        I feel the same way. I think GGG was landing more of the telling punches throughout, but Jacobs showed that he had a versatile game-plan. I want to see a rematch to see who'd make the necessary adjustments. I think GGG would need to increase his work-rate and step on the gas-pedal when he has Jacob stunned; the body shots were sorely lacking tonight. Jacobs would need to throw with more bad intentions. At times, he over-used that flicking jab ala Trout vs. Canelo, which Trout wasn't getting much credit for.

It's rare when both of the main fights (plus Cuadras/Carmona) warrant a rematch.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 03-19-2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaos View Post
          People keep acting like GGG didn't do sh_t when Jacobs did even less. They're just blinded by their high expectations and hatred of him.
          Exactly, the emotional Box Nation commentators were horrible.

If GGG wasn't hurting Jacobs by their estimation that automatically means he's getting outboxed. Fvking pathetic. GG's jab was dominating Jacobs in the first 2 rounds, dunno how people give the first 3 to Jacobs. Plus he hurt him multiple times and overall landed the cleaner punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
            Who cares? He's a bum. He beat nobody and would have lost to Fury again. You look like a child molester and you need help man. Stop ****ing pming me or i'll call 911
            wait did you just cal lwlad a bum ...bahahahahbahaha. Stop following boxing, please, its not your thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              You're right.

Raaonic and Thurman added themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post
                Apparently all a Boxingscene hypejob needs to do to win a fight is land a few solid jabs, an occasional right hand or uppercut, and score a flash knockdown to be seen as the winner. Nevermind that Jacobs CLEARLY outlanded GGG to both the head and body, while more often than not making Golovkin miss wildly with most of his punches. But hey, HBO still has one of their only money-making fights in GGG-Canelo, which is all that matters.
                Nice to have more posters in here with sense. I agree 100%. It's called cognitive dissonance. I just find it sad people have so much invested in these fighters that they aren't able to see things objectively. It's really a psychological issue. Kovalev did better versus Ward than GGG did tonight against Jacobs... Much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
                  Who cares? He's a bum. He beat nobody and would have lost to Fury again. You look like a child molester and you need help man. Stop ****ing pming me or i'll call 911
                  How have I pm'ed you mother ****er, you started this account this month with only 12 posts

Comment

• Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
                    Seems fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                      How have I pm'ed you mother ****er, you started this account this month with only 12 posts
                      Stop pming me you ****ing weirdo, not going to say it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X