Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook-Golovkin who's the A-side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted GGG is the A side because he is the defending champion and Brook is the challenger. I don't see what difference it makes which one of these two excellent fighters is the A side. The fight is a done deal. The contracts have been signed and every detail of the fight has been worked out. Both boxers are pleased with the terms and I am sure both fighters will be very well paid. All that is left now is the fight. I am pretty sure it will be a good fight as long as it lasts.

Comment

who cares......

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        I think that's a fair assessment. Brook is the A-side in Britain and Golovkin is a known enough name to make it a ppv there. Golovkin is the bigger name in the states, but not as big as Brook is in Britain (from what I gather).
        That is not a fair assessment at all. Infact no assessment is possible right now. Without seeing what numbers the fight pulls, it is impossible to match it with Brook's past fights. With the pay, it seems the fight will do much better than his previous fights though. If it does, it will be clear that GGG is the reason the fight sells.

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
          That is not a fair assessment at all. Infact no assessment is possible right now. Without seeing what numbers the fight pulls, it is impossible to match it with Brook's past fights. With the pay, it seems the fight will do much better than his previous fights though. If it does, it will be clear that GGG is the reason the fight sells.
          ******ED. Lets compare it with Golovkins last fights, they sold 0 in the UK. I'd be surprised if they got 100k for the broadcasting rights.

Comment

this is what golovkin haters have resorted to, they cant criticise his skills or what he does in the ring, so now they say hes not the 'A' side or bring up PPV numbers

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              this is what golovkin haters have resorted to, they cant criticise his skills or what he does in the ring, so now they say hes not the 'A' side or bring up PPV numbers
              People criticise what he does in the ring all the time, he does C level fighters and Welterweights.

Comment

Both guys need each other to make big money. It's a great event for the fans obviously. That's what a good promoter has to do. Unfortunately, Isaac aka the ****** doesn't understand this concept of it takes two to Tango.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
                  Both guys need each other to make big money. It's a great event for the fans obviously. That's what a good promoter has to do. Unfortunately, Isaac aka the ****** doesn't understand this concept of it takes two to Tango.
                  I understand one fighter is always the bigger draw in every fight. You think the casuals British fight fan gives a **** about Golovkin? No they care about a British fighter fighting a big fight. How many PPV's has there been in the UK that didn't involve a British fighter? One that i can remember Mayweather-Pacquiao. The British fighter is the draw in the UK they don't sell PPV without one.

Comment

England or worldwide?
                    In Britain Brook is a bigger name, surely
                    Worldwide Golovkin is more known

Comment

Brook.

The fight is taking place in the UK for that reason, Brook is bigger here than Golovkin is anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X