Brook-Golovkin who's the A-side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Oh really?

What are you doing in here anyway? You put me on ignore so i can't post in your threads but you come posting in here? Bitch move.
    He's a total bi.tch and a troll for certain fighters.

He has me on ignore too...such a little fa.ggot.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Brook.

The fight is taking place in the UK for that reason, Brook is bigger here than Golovkin is anywhere.
      Ouch......

Comment

******ED. Lets compare it with Golovkins last fights, they sold 0 in the UK. I'd be surprised if they got 100k for the broadcasting rights.
        So because GGG never fought in UK, that means clearly he doesn't have any fans of pull there. Oh my, aren't you a bright person. Did you meditate in the himalayas for such wisdom?

Comment

Why are people voting GGG ? I don't get it, clearly Brook is the main man in the UK.

Comment

Golovkin's got the bigger worldwide audience (I think), but Brook is the bigger name in the UK. Hard for me to say who has a bigger impact on the sales ultimately.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-01-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Brook.

The fight is taking place in the UK for that reason, Brook is bigger here than Golovkin is anywhere.
              He is? How come he couldn't get more than £1m for his first unification, which would have been his career high, no?

Comment

If you want to use Google trends as reasoning for being a bigger draw. Anthony Joshua is a bigger draw worldwide than Golovkin.

https://www.google.co.uk/trends/expl...%2Fm%2F0h7p34w

Ouch.
                Hah, that's kind of interesting. I remember there was a thread quite some time ago where that didn't seem to be true. I guess becoming champion and defending the belt both against US boxers probably helped his exposure out here in the states and elsewhere. Good for AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He is? How come he couldn't get more than £1m for his first unification, which would have been his career high, no?
                  How come Golovkin has had 2 PPV's ever and done lousy numbers (including a unification fight)?

Golovkin is getting a PPV fight that will do 300,000+ buys in a sold out arena, that is because of Kell Brook who will bring the buys and routinely sells out arena's and goes on PPV against any opponent.

Comment

Brook is the A side over here, no question. The casuals can't even pronounce Golovkin's name ffs everywhere I've went, it's always GGG he's referred to. Hearns sold this fight as Brook moving up to middleweight to the best middleweight there. Everywhere you go, it's Brook this and Brook that. On Sky Sports, outside Sheffield Uni, wherever it is, it's all Brook.

On another note relating to the 'If Golovkin fought another UK fighter, it would sell out', no it wouldn't. Golovkin can sell out against Eubank Jr and maybe Degale but that's it. Golovkin wouldn't sell out against BJS over here at BJS's home turf. I was there at BJS last fight against Andy Lee and that arena only sold like 8000 tickets in a 20/21000 capacity arena.

Comment

You have to look at it like this:

Who is Hotter boxing wise?

GGG

Who is Hotter **** wise?

Brook

Who survived a anti man rape stabbing?

Brook

Who is more exciting to watch fight?

GGG

Who ranks higher p4p wise?

GGG

Who has the better resume wise?

GGG

Who speaks better english?

Brook

Who has the bigger junk?

FIF amdendment

Who has the higher upside?

Brook

Who is being supported by the ______ oligarchy?

GGG

Who is voting for Hillary?

Brook

Who is voting for Trump?

GGG

= who is the a side doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X