No announcement yet.

Brook-Golovkin who's the A-side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    My logic for A-side is who is drawing the crowd to buy. Maxi wanted to use purses and failed with his own source. The biggest reason the UK fans are paying is to see the UK fighter, this is obvious to anyone with half a brain.
    If that was the case you moron then Brook could fight any brit and make the same money he's making against Golovkin. It's Golovkin also who's making this fight a 5 million dollars purse for each.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      If that was the case you moron then Brook could fight any brit and make the same money he's making against Golovkin. It's Golovkin also who's making this fight a 5 million dollars purse for each.
      Brook vs Canelo or Golovkin vs Canelo which one sells more in the UK?

Brook vs Canelo because the bigger draw to UK fans is the involvement of a UK fighter. That makes him a bigger Draw than Golovkin.

Comment

By your stupid logic there was no A and B side in any big fight because the fighters wouldn't make as much without fighting each other.

BTW. Why are you taking a site that makes spelling mistakes and thinks Willie Monroe was Golovkins PPV opponent as fact?

Comment

My logic for A-side is who is drawing the crowd to buy. Maxi wanted to use purses and failed with his own source. The biggest reason the UK fans are paying is to see the UK fighter, this is obvious to anyone with half a brain.

The crowd is driven mainly by the local fighter.. But if Brook was fighting a Jo Jo Dan, the fight wouldn't be on O2 and would have been in Sheffield in his backyard with his local backing.. Brook hasn't made more than 2mil for any of his previous fight and his last ppv fight was a loss to match room.. Eddie wanted a big fight to recover, so they went to Vargas and brook had to take a lesser cut because he got paid more than the worth against Bizier..
          Even if we assume Brook is the A side, he wouldn't have filled half of O2 and neither could have Eubank.. So it's very obvious GGG is pulling the crowd too..

Comment

Brook vs Canelo or Golovkin vs Canelo which one sells more in the UK?

Brook vs Canelo because the bigger draw to UK fans is the involvement of a UK fighter. That makes him a bigger Draw than Golovkin.
            Then why isn't Brook fightin some bum like the last three he's fought for 5 millions? He NEEDS Golovkin star power to make this as big as it is.

And why are you only considering UK PPV when comparing draws?...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              The crowd is driven mainly by the local fighter.. But if Brook was fighting a Jo Jo Dan, the fight wouldn't be on O2 and would have been in Sheffield in his backyard with his local backing.. Brook hasn't made more than 2mil for any of his previous fight and his last ppv fight was a loss to match room.. Eddie wanted a big fight to recover, so they went to Vargas and brook had to take a lesser cut because he got paid more than the worth against Bizier..
              Even if we assume Brook is the A side, he wouldn't have filled half of O2 and neither could have Eubank.. So it's very obvious GGG is pulling the crowd too..
              That's why i said bigger draw, i didn't say he was selling it by himself.

Then why isn't Brook fightin some bum like the last three he's fought for 5 millions? He NEEDS Golovkin star power to make this as big as it is.

And why are you only considering UK PPV when comparing draws?...
              Because this fight is only on PPV in the UK you dumb fuck. We are talking about who is the bigger draw in the UK market.

Comment

That's why i said bigger draw, i didn't say he was selling it by himself
                Dude I was at the Wilder-Spzilka fight and I kid you not there were as many Szpilka supporters as Wilders.. Do you think then they both are A sides because they drew almost equal number of people..

Comment

It's not clear cut nor does it matter much. Generally if you fight on other promoters card you're not the a side. But this is murky since it's really a Ggg showcase. A siders are never going in to get slaughtered. Ggg also has the belts, and can make that much in the UK vs others, unlike Brook who just was frustrated for getting only a third of that for a welter unification

Comment

Who fkin cares

/thread

Comment

i am a hardcore boxing fan who posts on boxingscene every day and i barely know who brook is or why he is fighting golovkin

i looked him up on boxrec and im even more confused. he seems to be a clubfighter whos career highlight is fighting shawn porter.

Comment

Working...
                      X