Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter Feels Wilder Should Be 'Champion in Recess'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Read their ruling and deal with it. You obviously don't like their ruling... none of you PED Parrots like it. But we all have to live with it. They did the ruling that way because they realized they'd made a mistake by pulling the fight without sufficient data on the drug in question. And there still isn't definitive data on how long the drug stays in the body in diminished form. And BTW, go do your own research. I'm not falling for your pranks. You'll have some other b.s. to grind on no matter how much proof there is.

http://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-vs...d-test--107808
    And any of that is Wilder fault how?

Comment

Think you may be off on that one, friend. It's one year between mandatories. And non-mandatories don't add to that time frame.
      Sorry my friend, I have the entire WBC rule book downloaded too my cell phone. I don't just take guesses like you have been.

3.5 Mandatory Defense Obligations. All WBC champions shall make at least one (1)
      mandatory defense per year, unless an exception is granted by the WBC in its sole
      discretion
      . A champion may be required to make more than one mandatory defense per year, if the WBC has designated more than one mandatory challenger for any reason. No bout shall be considered a mandatory defense unless expressly approved as mandatory by the WBC, and made exclusively against an official mandatory challenger designated by the WBC. A challenger who wins the title inherits the mandatory defense obligations of the
      champion he defeated, unless the WBC in its sole discretion otherwise directs.

3.6. Timing and Extensions of Mandatory Defense Obligations. The time periods for mandatory defenses stated in these Rules may be altered by the WBC in its sole discretion under special circumstances, including if a champion has defended the title in a voluntary defense against a contender the WBC may have deemed a mandatory challenger. No mandatory
      bout may be contested until such time as is required for a mandatory defense under these Rules & Regulations, including any extensions that may be granted by the WBC in its sole discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
        Sorry my friend, I have the entire WBC rule book downloaded too my cell phone. I don't just take guesses like you have been.

3.5 Mandatory Defense Obligations. All WBC champions shall make at least one (1)
        mandatory defense per year, unless an exception is granted by the WBC in its sole
        discretion
        . A champion may be required to make more than one mandatory defense per year, if the WBC has designated more than one mandatory challenger for any reason. No bout shall be considered a mandatory defense unless expressly approved as mandatory by the WBC, and made exclusively against an official mandatory challenger designated by the WBC. A challenger who wins the title inherits the mandatory defense obligations of the

3.6. Timing and Extensions of Mandatory Defense Obligations. The time periods for mandatory defenses stated in these Rules may be altered by the WBC in its sole discretion under special circumstances, including if a champion has defended the title in a voluntary defense against a contender the WBC may have deemed a mandatory challenger. No mandatory
        bout may be contested until such time as is required for a mandatory defense under these Rules & Regulations, including any extensions that may be granted by the WBC in its sole discretion.
        And just like a magician, Porty potty vanishes...JUST...LIKE...THAT!!

Simple stuff that any BOXING FAN can find. Of course we all know guys I like Porty potty aren't really BOXING fans, but here to rip certain fighters. Nice job Knick!

Comment

You have to fight in a WBC sanctioned fight, against a WBC ranked fighter in order to be ranked. The WBC does have rules for champions of other sanctioning bodies, but there are ways to go about getting ranked, as you saw GGG do. So I would say that Ortiz has not fought in a WBC sanctioned event.
          Thanks! That makes more sense.

Comment

I can't believe it. SOMEONE actually does their homework!
            Technically, he failed the test. He is not supposed to have ANY PEDs in his system. However, due to the unknown nature of meldonium excretion after ingestion, his failed test has been excused. Essentially, the same article you are referring to says that Povetkin failed the test but since no one can conclusively say WHY he failed (latent excretion vs microdosing), he will not be suspended but will be on probation with year round testing. The out of pocket year round testing protocol is strong evidence that suspicion over the pass fail pass remains. Also, ordering a specific fight in lieu of allowing Povetkin to fight a tune up so to speak with no fear of losing mandatory status is further evidence that the WBC didn't have surety that Povetkin is a clean fighter. Essentially they want him to prove he is worthy of mandatory status without meldonium.
            Last edited by Ake-Dawg; 08-19-2016, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Technically, he failed the test. He is not supposed to have ANY PEDs in his system. However, due to the unknown nature of meldonium excretion after ingestion, his failed test has been excused. Essentially, the same article you are referring to says that Povetkin failed the test but since no one can conclusively say WHY he failed (latent excretion vs microdosing), he will not be suspended but will be on probation with year round testing. The out of pocket year round testing protocol is strong evidence that suspicion over the pass fail pass remains. Also, ordering a specific fight in lieu of allowing Povetkin to fight a tune up so to speak with no fear of losing mandatory status is further evidence that the WBC didn't have surety that Povetkin is a clean fighter. Essentially they want him to prove he is worthy of mandatory status without meldonium.
              Having less than 1/14th the limit isn't failing the test at all. But yes, I agree they're keeping a close eye on him.

Comment

discretion

So basically they're saying it's ok for Wilder to have not fought a mandatory in a year already, AND they won't put him in recess either. IOW, they know he's a cash cow. Thanx for clarifying. I'd been looking around for the rules the past few days, only finding WBA continental and some other minor belt rules.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  That's it? That's your response? I figured you may actually have a point to argue...a fact. The only fact is you're making **** up to suit your own agenda. You got nothing!!
                  One of the other posters found the rules, you can see my reply elsewhere on the thread. Basically, your hero gets a free pass because he's a cash cow, nothing more. New set of rules for Wilder IOW.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    So the above quote shouldn't reflect you actual belief or opinion? In other words you lied? Lmao!
                    WTF are you on about now?
                    Last edited by PunchyPotorff; 08-21-2016, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Bottom line: You Wilder fans sure get chapped when your hero is cornered or questioned. It will make it that much funnier when he gets dumped and KOd... which will happen within the next 3 bouts tops. That is unless the WBC gives him YET ANOTHER voluntary defense or 3. Which, as you can see if you spend a few HOURS going over all the details of this below. Page 12 is where all the legal mumbo-jumbo on defenses gets started I believe. And shows how Wilder has gotten so many free passes it's ridiculous.

http://wbcboxing.com/downloads/WBCRu...d13Dec2011.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X