Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Danny Garcia going to fight again this year? Why so inactive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some perspective for all of you.

Danny has fought once this year and twice last year. Canelo has fought once this year and twice last year. Both have fought 5 times since Jan 1, 2014.

Do any of you consider Canelo inactive as well?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      He fights way less than the average champion even though champions only average about two fights a year these days. He was gifted the vacant WBC title by only having to beat washed up Guerrero. He hasn't fought anybody that good since he fought Matthysse long ago. Whoever decides who he fights is cherrypicking his fights. I don't know why he is fighting such poor opponents so infrequently. I think he turned down a 4 million dollar offer to fight Pacquiao. A real champion would have said yes to that offer in my opinion. I think Thurman or Spence would have said yes to the same offer.
      This is patently false. How can you post this without checking to see how active other champions are?

Comment

If Haymon and Arum are really gonna work together he should fight Bradley, but he's not taking chances waiting for the Floyd payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
          What is wrong with this guys' handlers?

He could have fought someone decent by now. Now he's probably going to fight some boring tuneup because of the ring rust.
          And that's exactly why he's so inactive. His handler is paying him more than what he really deserve.

Comment

Big Dunn is voting *****.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              This is patently false. How can you post this without checking to see how active other champions are?
              Because it's Danny Garcia logic is never involved when people talk about Danny Garcia.

Comment

Probably Berto in Nov or Dec.

Comment

Because Rod Salka is unavailable.

Comment

Any explanation why Garcia doesn't have any fight lined up yet? Is this guy so inaccessible that the media can't reach him for comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Seems like a strategy. Take a 7 figure payday against a C level opponent then sit out for a year. Claim you need a tuneup, earn another 7 figure payday for fighting another C level opponent. Rinse and repeat.
                      Interesting theory...

It's worked for Broner.

Comment

Working...
                      X